Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] Frigidaire Multipod Coffee Machine - $89 Clearance

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2021 8:35 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
18456 posts
21076 upvotes

[Visions Electronics] Frigidaire Multipod Coffee Machine - $89 Clearance

https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/5 ... MN103BLACK

I own this machine and it's a rare affordable device that accepts two brands of espresso pods:
- Nespresso Original Pods
- Nescafe Dulce Gusto

Both pods are readily available on Amazon, and will be there for years. The pods are cheap too.

It uses the required 19 bars of pressure to produce an authentic espresso cup.

The white version is arguably sexier, but they're the same machine.

https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/5 ... MN103WHITE

I use mine everyday.
24 replies
Member
Jan 5, 2007
201 posts
73 upvotes
Vancouver
okay i'll bite...

For the basic "ground coffee" feature, this is a cup of coffee or espresso grade?

I have a keurig machine and thinking about going to nespresso (or real espresso maker)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 19, 2005
3559 posts
974 upvotes
Ottawa
"Final Clearance. Some items may be open box or demo units. All have full manufacturer’s warranty."

Sounds like you might receive returns or store models
Member
Jan 5, 2007
201 posts
73 upvotes
Vancouver
redflagdealsguy wrote: Yep, that looks to be identical. No complaints so far.
Thanks. I'm not saying it's a bad deal. Just saying it's a generic wholesaler or there may be fake clones out there in the marketplace.

I'm actually interested. Can you share some more feedback? Which pods do you use the most? Have you ever made the espresso from beans?

I found some reviews on Hibrew saying it wasn't hot enough and it leaks. Again could be QC on fakes. But appreciate a real user's input. Thanks in advance!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
18456 posts
21076 upvotes
It's simple, the plug in parts are easy to use, sturdy, and don't leak (on my unit).

It's an authentic espresso experience, but it's not $1,000 espresso quality.

It appears to be a final clearance sale, so it might be no returns except for defective exchanges.

I'm not going to sell this too hard, as I haven't owned it for more than a few weeks. I returned the Garbage DRMed Nespresso Next at $2 per pod, and got the Frigidaire with Nespresso original pods at $0.33/pod.

I use the machine multiple times a day.

Bought 100 decaf Nespresso pods.
Bought 16 decaf Nescafe Dulce Gusto pods.

Happy camper so far.

I think you have to hold the button to produce more coffee as it defaults to espresso sizes, which I'm fine with.
Newbie
Nov 13, 2017
67 posts
79 upvotes
The fact that it takes just coffee grounds is interesting. Is that a common feature amongst these types of machines?

I've never considered getting one of these because of the fact that you have to buy/throw out pods. This is interesting.
Newbie
Oct 1, 2018
24 posts
11 upvotes
I bought one in London Drugs when it was $99 just for the coffee ground capability.

I would say the espresso is acceptable. You can't put much ground (it is better if it's finer), I think I was only able to fill it with 8g because if you add too much you won't be able to close the lid.

The actual brewing uses "Pressurized Basket" so it compensates an uneven grind size

Cleaning it is a bit of a hassle, after brewing you need to scoop the coffee to a compose (HiBrew video recommended rinsing the whole thing in your sink which I think is a bad move)

Using it for Nespresso is ok-ish, it doesn't have the convenience of Nespresso just pulling the lever and adding a new pod (this is a bit nitpicky but enough for my roommates not to use it)

Anyways in the end I return it because I realize I want more functionality with my espresso machine.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
18456 posts
21076 upvotes
franzjustin wrote: I bought one in London Drugs when it was $99 just for the coffee ground capability.

I would say the espresso is acceptable. You can't put much ground (it is better if it's finer), I think I was only able to fill it with 8g because if you add too much you won't be able to close the lid.

The actual brewing uses "Pressurized Basket" so it compensates an uneven grind size

Cleaning it is a bit of a hassle, after brewing you need to scoop the coffee to a compose (HiBrew video recommended rinsing the whole thing in your sink which I think is a bad move)

Using it for Nespresso is ok-ish, it doesn't have the convenience of Nespresso just pulling the lever and adding a new pod (this is a bit nitpicky but enough for my roommates not to use it)

Anyways in the end I return it because I realize I want more functionality with my espresso machine.
For coffee grounds only, there are better machines in and around this price range. As a multi-pod espresso machine, it produces as you say an 'acceptable' to enjoyable espresso... which is all I need at this price point. Pop and go.

I don't use the machine for coffee grounds at all. As a Nespresso / Nescafe pod machine, it's definitely easy to pop in the adapter with the pod, brew, pop it out, rinse under sink for 2 seconds, and let dry.

If I can confirm this is a returnable item, which it may be, I would recommend buying and trying it.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3242 posts
1810 upvotes
YUL/YVR
redflagdealsguy wrote: I'm not going to sell this too hard, as I haven't owned it for more than a few weeks. I returned the Garbage DRMed Nespresso Next at $2 per pod, and got the Frigidaire with Nespresso original pods at $0.33/pod.

I use the machine multiple times a day.

Bought 100 decaf Nespresso pods.
Bought 16 decaf Nescafe Dulce Gusto pods.

Happy camper so far.

I think you have to hold the button to produce more coffee as it defaults to espresso sizes, which I'm fine with.
Do you find yourself using Nescafe Dulce Gusto pods much?

If it's not that huge of a deal, and you just want to use Nespresso original pods (most of the time), then might as well get an actual Nespresso.

Currently the Essenza Mini C is $107.40 - $25 credit.
https://www.nespresso.com/ca/en/order/m ... ee-machine
And there's often a model or two on sale either on their official website, or at Costco, etc.

No need to even rinse the machine after each use. Especially if you're not going to use the coffee ground capability.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
18456 posts
21076 upvotes
AdamKing wrote: Do you find yourself using Nescafe Dulce Gusto pods much?

If it's not that huge of a deal, and you just want to use Nespresso original pods (most of the time), then might as well get an actual Nespresso.

Currently the Essenza Mini C is $107.40 - $25 credit.
https://www.nespresso.com/ca/en/order/m ... ee-machine
And there's often a model or two on sale either on their official website, or at Costco, etc.

No need to even rinse the machine after each use. Especially if you're not going to use the coffee ground capability.
I go back and forth between the pods because of the added selection. I'm glad both options are available.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2428 posts
1350 upvotes
Multi-pod units aside, is this a decent Nespresso machine for the price? Looking to add something to my Airbnb rental place.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
18456 posts
21076 upvotes
razrsharp wrote: Multi-pod units aside, is this a decent Nespresso machine for the price? Looking to add something to my Airbnb rental place.
I wouldn't recommend it for your Airbnb, this unit has swappable plugin ports. They're super user-friendly but they're easily lost or stolen, this is more for your corner office or home.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2428 posts
1350 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: I wouldn't recommend it for your Airbnb, this unit has swappable plugin ports. They're super user-friendly but they're easily lost or stolen, this is more for your corner office or home.
Alrighty then will hold off for something else, thanks.
Member
User avatar
Jun 12, 2017
431 posts
467 upvotes
Montreal (QC)
redflagdealsguy wrote: I'm not going to sell this too hard, as I haven't owned it for more than a few weeks. I returned the Garbage DRMed Nespresso Next at $2 per pod, and got the Frigidaire with Nespresso original pods at $0.33/pod.
Where do you get your Nespresso pods for $0.33? And why are people downvoting?

Top