Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] Hauz 1.7L Cordless Kettle with Illuminating Blue LED Glass - $16.00, free in store pickup, $6.95 shipping to home

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2019 3:17 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1569 posts
7705 upvotes

[Visions Electronics] Hauz 1.7L Cordless Kettle with Illuminating Blue LED Glass - $16.00, free in store pickup, $6.95 shipping to home

Because RFDers love to watch their water boil in a glass, transparent vessel, which lights up blue with the finest quality LEDs for absolutely no reason. Makes a great Christmas gift for your Aunt Sharon that shares questionable content on Facebook.

Hauz 1.7L Cordless Kettle with Illuminating Blue LED Glass (AGK76R)
Model #: AGK76R|UPC #: 624274544765

The Hauz 1.7 liter Kettle features a blue light to illuminate the glass content. It includes a convenient cord storage to keep your counter-top clear, a 360-degree cordless base to move to any angle, and Boil Dry protection automatic shut off.

Manufacturer's Parts Warranty: 1 Year Limited
Manufacturer's Labour Warranty: 1 Year Limited
Deal link:

White color: https://www.visions.ca/catalogue/catego ... sku=AGK950
Red color: https://www.visions.ca/catalogue/catego ... sku=AGK76R
Free in store pick up, or $6.95 flat rate shipping
Last edited by Leverage on Dec 18th, 2018 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
22 replies
Aug 5, 2018
49 posts
213 upvotes
Thanks OP, been on the lookout for a new kettle and this looks like a nice upgrade, but the shipping or post office pickup are both showing as 13.95 for me (Ontario). Is there a trick to getting the 6.95? That's a bit more palatable
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
5631 posts
1359 upvotes
Wife just bought amazon basics one for $28, wonder if this one is better?
Mar 27, 2011
768 posts
430 upvotes
Toronto
Ugh need it but why is it red..
Jan 30, 2008
431 posts
270 upvotes
Didn’t you know white was heavier than red?
Jun 22, 2009
982 posts
474 upvotes
Vancouver
imajin wrote: Didn’t you know white was heavier than red?
Pretty sure red has always been the heaviest phase :)
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1875 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
I don't need this kettle but it does look cool. The price is pretty good.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1202 posts
1124 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Actually reminded me I was going to get a kettle as a present for someone so thanks for the post!
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
12159 posts
1743 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Man, I recently spent $100 on a Russell Hobbs, and that was the sale price.
Jun 12, 2017
298 posts
266 upvotes
Montreal (QC)
alicklee wrote: Pretty sure red has always been the heaviest phase :)
Nah actually red is the lightest color. It has been scientifically proven. That is why most Ferrari's are red. Save on weight cause otherwise their engine would be as powerful as one of a Pinto.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
8547 posts
3362 upvotes
Toronto
No online purchase option for me, for the red anyway
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1104 posts
1282 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
rabbit wrote: Man, I recently spent $100 on a Russell Hobbs, and that was the sale price.
I feel you, got a $50 (on sale) ThinkKitchen one from Stokes for the GF, but it's worked well so far and is SS.

Looked at the Russell Hobbs one as well actually, but couldn't justify the pricetag lol
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3860 posts
2774 upvotes
Great price. We have the similar Hamilton Beach model, and we've come to like it a lot.

Just a few comments though:

- Very few reviews on this Hauz model
- It's only 1100w, so won't boil as fast as 1500w kettles like our HB
- There isn't actually a ring of blue LEDs around the base as pictured - they use just 2 LEDs and a fibre optic ring to spread the light around the base, so it's a bit uneven
- While they appear to avoid plastic by using a glass container with a stainless steel bottom, the lid is plastic and the boiling water drips off of it. There's also a flexible plastic ring between the steel and the glass to absorb thermal expansion without cracking the glass. So yes, you can still taste plastic in the water for the first several pots that you boil.