Expired Hot Deals

Visions Electronics

Hauz 1.7L Cordless Kettle with Illuminating Blue LED Glass - Stainless Steel $19 In Store/$38 For 2 W/FS or $33 ISPU

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2021 12:05 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10703 posts
5261 upvotes
Toronto

[Visions Electronics] Hauz 1.7L Cordless Kettle with Illuminating Blue LED Glass - Stainless Steel $19 In Store/$38 For 2 W/FS or $33 ISPU

Visions has these pretty nice looking Hauz glass and stainless electric kettles for $19 in store. Not free shipped, for one, but if you order two, it is. You can also order two online and get $5 off by choosing ISPU, and picking them up,
I bought a couple of these last year and have been using it daily since, and am happy with it. Not the fastest boiler out there, but fine for most people. There are also some other styles at $19.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
20 replies
Sep 20, 2011
235 posts
989 upvotes
Centre of the Univer…
At least, let my kettle have wireless charging.
Feb 8, 2020
277 posts
659 upvotes
Gotta love these fake "sales", as if this kettle is ever actually purchased at its $69 price

In reality, about $20 is what this kettle is worth when you compare it to its competition, so this isn't actually a sale
Hello World!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8988 posts
3575 upvotes
Toronto
23LeBronJames wrote: Gotta love these fake "sales", as if this kettle is ever actually purchased at its $69 price

In reality, about $20 is what this kettle is worth when you compare it to its competition, so this isn't actually a sale
Where else is this selling for $20?
Feb 8, 2020
277 posts
659 upvotes
Arrgh wrote: Where else is this selling for $20?
Everywhere else already finished selling these at clearance prices lol

This thing is an old model too haha, with no replacement model

Definitely speaks volumes to the quality of this kettle

You can go to any loblaws/giant tiger/superstore etc and find practically the same kettle just with a different brand name for the same price
Hello World!
Sep 1, 2011
371 posts
384 upvotes
coquitlam
chill lebron, what has this kettle done to you?
Feb 8, 2020
277 posts
659 upvotes
RenxoBC wrote: chill lebron, what has this kettle done to you?
I just enjoy when there is actual deals posted on a forum that is designed to be about deals
Hello World!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10703 posts
5261 upvotes
Toronto
23LeBronJames wrote: Gotta love these fake "sales", as if this kettle is ever actually purchased at its $69 price

If you have better deals on kettles, feel free to post them here. Options are a good thing for everyone.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Jul 15, 2007
41 posts
45 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
I bought this Kettle for $18 and change. It worked for a few days over a year and died. When it worked it was okay, like any other Kettle
Apr 29, 2006
404 posts
173 upvotes
Brampton / Caledon
I got this from Vision around ~$16 a couple years ago and still working fine. The only maintenance is it needs to be cleaned out with CLR every 2-3 weeks due to calcium build up at the base.
Nov 27, 2016
350 posts
399 upvotes
m8x
On a related note, I've avoided glass kettles because I think the glass will require continuous cleaning due to (calcium ?) scale build up making it appear dirty.

Is this true or is my OCD getting the best of me ?
Mar 16, 2016
218 posts
164 upvotes
I bought this for $18 a few momths ago and the sale price has just been consistent ever since. That's regular price to me.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10703 posts
5261 upvotes
Toronto
echotango wrote: On a related note, I've avoided glass kettles because I think the glass will require continuous cleaning due to (calcium ?) scale build up making it appear dirty.

I haven't found that, on these kettles. It does seem to build up on the bottom stainless section covering the element, though.

Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8988 posts
3575 upvotes
Toronto
23LeBronJames wrote: Everywhere else already finished selling these at clearance prices lol

You can go to any loblaws/giant tiger/superstore etc and find practically the same kettle just with a different brand name for the same price
Loblaws and Superstores do NOT have $20 sale price. If you know of one such location, please share.

Talking about past sales, doesn't help, for buying now, especially those who are not close to a Vision store to pick up. There are always past sales.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1601 posts
1544 upvotes
So general census is that this is a decent kettle that should last years of daily use?
Mar 21, 2013
11 posts
10 upvotes
EDMONTON
echotango wrote: On a related note, I've avoided glass kettles because I think the glass will require continuous cleaning due to (calcium ?) scale build up making it appear dirty.

I've had one for years now and I find the stainless steel at the bottom and on the lid build up calcium much more than on the glass. I used a vinegar/water solution to soak in for a couple hours and it came out looking like new.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10703 posts
5261 upvotes
Toronto
xtriawke wrote: I bought this for $18 a few momths ago and the sale price has just been consistent ever since. That's regular price to me.
True, it does seem to be at this price very frequently at Visions, but there don't seem to be many other options in this price range that look decent, or at least none that anyone bothers to post, so I figure that it is worthwhile to post periodically, for those looking for a cheap kettle.

Jun 10, 2017
709 posts
916 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote: True, it does seem to be at this price very frequently at Visions, but there don't seem to be many other options in this price range that look decent, or at least none that anyone bothers to post, so I figure that it is worthwhile to post periodically, for those looking for a cheap kettle.
Picked mine up and used it.. Decent no frills glass kettle. Can't complain at this price.
Coming from a 1.8L kalorik kettle I got from Costco, the glass on the Hauz is noticeably thinner. At the same time, it's also less than a 3rd of the cost, so I'm quite happy.
I do miss the various temperature controls on my old kettle though.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
7444 posts
3473 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Bought a couple a few months ago (same $18 but a $5 discount for the amount). Just bear in mind it's a 1000W kettle and not 1500W that is more typical so will take longer to boil. Soft water where I am so got some initial brown discoloration but it hasn't gotten worse
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China