Expired Hot Deals

Visions Electronics

Hisense 50" Q8G Series 4K ULED Android TV with Quantum Dot Technology (50Q8G)

[OP]
Mar 15, 2018
10 posts
16 upvotes
Mississauga

[Visions Electronics] Hisense 50" Q8G Series 4K ULED Android TV with Quantum Dot Technology (50Q8G)

2020 Model 50" Quantum Dot 4K TV with HDR, Dolby Vision HDR, HDR10+ for $641.95
This is a 2020 Model 4K TV which runs Android TV. It seems to be the cheapest TV in Canada right now which offers local dimming along with Dolby Vision! It also has a wide colour gamut due to its quantum dot panel technology.
The sale price of this TV has been the same for the last 2-3 weeks which is about $598.00 + Tax BUT if you order online from Visions and select local pickup you get an additional $29.90 off for a subtotal of $568.10 which comes out to $641.95 with Tax.

A 50" TV with:
  • HDR, Dolby Vision, HDR 10+
  • Local dimming, there are 32 local dimming zones
  • Wide colour gamut due to its quantum dot technology
  • Fully certified android TV
  • 2 Year warranty if you become a Visions Rearwards Members
Reviews:
Digital Trends Written Review
Digital Trends Video Review Pt. 1
Digital Trends Video Review Pt. 2
RTINGS Review

You can see that I got this TV last week with the pickup discount. So far the TV has been great and HDR content looks amazing.
Feedback on post would be appreciated as this is my first time posting on RFD.
Images
  • Visions receipt.PNG
31 replies
Jul 8, 2013
348 posts
366 upvotes
AMHERST
Feedback: Great amount of info, and appreciate your personal opinion on it.
If you have any info about why “your great” is “objectively great”, that would turn this post from an 8 to a 10 in my books.
Like, what if you only had a tube TV before this? What if you had a Samsung OLED?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2742 posts
2633 upvotes
joshfindit wrote: What if you had a Samsung OLED?
Then I don't think you would need to browse RFD for TV deals. :twisted:
Nov 25, 2010
36 posts
3 upvotes
I'm also looking at this, needed something for the bedroom. I missed the Costco deal for 55Q7G and also 55 is a touch too big, too bad Hisense doesn't make 50Q7G, how does everyone else feel about this 50Q8G at this price point? Or since it's for the bedroom, I can just go with 50H78G and save myself $200? Thanks,
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2742 posts
2633 upvotes
RCCC wrote: I'm also looking at this, needed something for the bedroom. I missed the Costco deal for 55Q7G and also 55 is a touch too big, too bad Hisense doesn't make 50Q7G, how does everyone else feel about this 50Q8G at this price point? Or since it's for the bedroom, I can just go with 50H78G and save myself $200? Thanks,
Its honestly difficult to provide a recommendation on something like this that's based on personal preference and budget. Of course we always want the best bang for buck.
What other features you might be wanting would help narrow it down.
Nov 24, 2014
270 posts
217 upvotes
Vancouver
How is this compared to Toshiba fire tv 2020 50'? (selling for $449 right now)
Hisense = Toshiba btw
Banned
May 6, 2020
132 posts
428 upvotes
Cornwall
Chewfam wrote: Its honestly difficult to provide a recommendation on something like this that's based on personal preference and budget. Of course we always want the best bang for buck.
What other features you might be wanting would help narrow it down.
Have the 55q7g and the damn thing keeps automatically switching the picture settings to energy saving mode on me. Is this a bug or is there a way to prevent it from doing this?:
Last edited by wax888 on Jul 29th, 2020 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24006 posts
30560 upvotes
I should just buy this and make it a 50" TV-Monitor.

This is hard to resist.

Tough call.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2742 posts
2633 upvotes
wax888 wrote: Have the 55q7g and the damn thing keeps auto mystically switching the picture settings to every saving mode on me. Is this a bug or is there a way to disable it?
I don't have this TV but I would assume you need to turn off Eco mode.
Banned
May 6, 2020
132 posts
428 upvotes
Cornwall
Chewfam wrote: I don't have this TV but I would assume you need to turn off Eco mode.
Man....it AUTO switches my picture mode to energy saving when I’m not looking. I keep having to flip it back to my preferred mode. Annoying.
Oct 13, 2018
435 posts
536 upvotes
joshfindit wrote: Feedback: Great amount of info, and appreciate your personal opinion on it.
If you have any info about why “your great” is “objectively great”, that would turn this post from an 8 to a 10 in my books.
Like, what if you only had a tube TV before this? What if you had a Samsung OLED?
Samsung doesnt make OLED Tvs.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3686 posts
920 upvotes
GTA North
Too bad the price difference in a jump to 65 inch is so big.
$598 --> $ 998.
Still waiting for more value in for a 65'.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2094 posts
414 upvotes
Brampton
wax888 wrote: Man....it AUTO switches my picture mode to energy saving when I’m not looking. I keep having to flip it back to my preferred mode. Annoying.

Re-format it to factory settings and see if it does the same thing. If it does, exchange it if you're within the period.
Aug 23, 2010
972 posts
476 upvotes
So lets assume, for sake of argument, I know nothing about television technology (I'm learning... or trying to anyway!). How much of an improvement would this model offer over the 50R6109 that was just up on Costco for $327?
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1823 posts
589 upvotes
Rustycage wrote: So lets assume, for sake of argument, I know nothing about television technology (I'm learning... or trying to anyway!). How much of an improvement would this model offer over the 50R6109 that was just up on Costco for $327?
For everyday use, $327 tv and this will make no difference to you other than more cash out of your pocket.

I bought the $517 Q7G at Costco and I find it just okay. That's also because I've been spoilt by my lg oled and nothing comes close to OLED.

I've had the Q7G for 3 weeks now only used for PS4 Pro in HDR or Netflix. It's great!

You need to look at your basic needs:
1. Do you like watching movies in dark? If so, you would want tv with better blacks, full array or oled. Edge lit led would result in blooming.

2. Do you play video games? You'd want minimum input lag and good HDR reviewed tv.

3. Is your tv just for occasional Netflix, 4K would suffice.

If it's your primary TV, bigger size should be #1 consideration (minimum 65").
Jan 22, 2014
20 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
I have the q8g from visions. It's a good tv for sure, and I like the android tv.

If you can wait, the new vizio M series will be out soon.

The old vizio beat the new hisense in rtngs ratings, and the new model has hdmi 2.1, vrr, likely better colour before calibration (this TV is poorly calibrated). Only negative is it uses smart cast instead of android tv

If you can't wait, this is the budget tv to get
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
2379 posts
435 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
tkl wrote: Too bad the price difference in a jump to 65 inch is so big.
$598 --> $ 998.
might be waiting a while for a deal on a 65 foot television.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1621 posts
646 upvotes
Toronto
tkl wrote: Too bad the price difference in a jump to 65 inch is so big.
$598 --> $ 998.
Totally.... I'm looking for a 75" so that's an even higher jump.