Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] Hisense 55Q9809 ($899), 65Q9809($1248) @ Visions

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2020 3:51 pm
Oct 20, 2009
36 posts
4 upvotes
Been waiting to buy the 65" for a few weeks. I'm really hoping some units get shipped in soon, apparently they're all on backorder from Hisense.
[OP]
Sep 9, 2008
125 posts
17 upvotes
just pulled the trigger at visions.ca for 55Q9809 for $898. Will see when it gets shipped/picked up!
Feb 14, 2012
916 posts
594 upvotes
Toronto
Did you guys purchase extended visions warranty? Kinda scared to not purchase extended warranty now since my 3 y/o samsung died suddenly today. Was hoping costco would carry this so i could get their great warranty,but im thinking about going to vision but skeptical about their warranty...
[OP]
Sep 9, 2008
125 posts
17 upvotes
I never buy warranties, myself
Dec 22, 2012
88 posts
98 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Josecc wrote: Did you guys purchase extended visions warranty? Kinda scared to not purchase extended warranty now since my 3 y/o samsung died suddenly today. Was hoping costco would carry this so i could get their great warranty,but im thinking about going to vision but skeptical about their warranty...
The best thing about Visions extended warranty, is that you'll get it back as a store credit if you never use it.

Recently picked up a 65Q9809 for $1098 + $240 (5 year extended warranty).
Banned
Dec 29, 2019
4 posts
1 upvote
Shibiri wrote: The best thing about Visions extended warranty, is that you'll get it back as a store credit if you never use it.

Could you tell me which visions you bought it at? I’d like to pick this tv up at that price.
Feb 14, 2012
916 posts
594 upvotes
Toronto
Shibiri wrote: The best thing about Visions extended warranty, is that you'll get it back as a store credit if you never use it.

Only 50% of it, and others have said that if you're too far past the term, you're pretty much SoL.

How'd you get that price btw? Just by haggling?
Dec 22, 2012
88 posts
98 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Josecc wrote: Only 50% of it, and others have said that if you're too far past the term, you're pretty much SoL.

How'd you get that price btw? Just by haggling?
It's actually 100% minus taxes. The store credit just cannot exceed 50% of a purchase.

"In event that no claims were made within the life of the ESP. 100% of the value paid (less tax) will be credited back to the purchaser in the form of an in-store credit."
"Rebates must be applied for within 90 (ninety) days after the expiration of the Money Back Extended Service Plan. Rebate credits can only be used towards the purchase of regular and sale tagged items only, and cannot exceed 50% of the pre-tax purchase price and have no cash surrender value."

https://www.visions.ca/info/extendedserviceplan

--

After I declined the extended warranty, the sales rep tried again to convince me with the lower price.
CherAll wrote: Could you tell me which visions you bought it at? I’d like to pick this tv up at that price.
Visions Burnaby.
Mar 31, 2008
20 posts
2 upvotes
i purchased something recently from Visions, the sales man tried very hard to sell the warranty ($240), i declined, then came back with a better offer, which was half price on the warranty($120) and he said if i take the warranty, he can still knock down the price of the item. I still declined. I get very skeptical about these things and why they push so hard for it.

Its basically a "gamble or buying insurance". If nothing happens you do get a store credit back of what u spend on your warranty. but you have a limited of time to spend it, or its expired. like an expiring GIFTCARD. That's if you remember to claim it after 3 years prior to expiring. So basically they take ur money now. and see how much u care about it later.

But the sales man did say they can cover any and most kinds of damage. and i recall he said something about, replacing you with a better model if possible.(dont quote me on it, so he says) so if you're the type that likes to break it(by force) before the warranty period and try to get a new one, It might be beneficial for you, and get another warranty on it, and continue the process, just maybe!
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1957 posts
2680 upvotes
BC
Always better to haggle warranty in person.

My last Hisense had issues in less than 2 years, no way I'd be comfortable getting another one without warranty.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5952 posts
2540 upvotes
This is way overpriced. The Sony 900F 55" was selling for $999 for boxing day I think at BB. This sony is far superior to this hisense. I would bite at this hisense at around $599 maybe $650.
Oct 20, 2009
36 posts
4 upvotes
Note that the 65” model was out of stock in almost all Ontario locations until last week. Popular model.

If you’re interested in the 65 I recommend going for it now. I personally bought the 55 and while there’s some DSE I’m overall very happy.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2008
1715 posts
161 upvotes
Edmonton
Its a shame that this model is exclusive to Visions, if it was Costco I would get one in a heartbeat.

Dealing with Visions is like....dealing with a car salesmen.
Unknown wrote: Why is Playbook at $199 a door crasher??? Because Canadians are gullible. :razz:
May 16, 2009
55 posts
20 upvotes
I was offered 1098 for the 65 inch Q9809 at Visions in Calgary when I bought the LG C9 before black Friday. Well reviewed budget tv.
Oct 11, 2015
449 posts
150 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Quality wise, when compare this to C9, will one get let say 70% of the performance and on-par black compare to Sony 900F?