Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] Hisense 55Q9809 ($899), 65Q9809($1248) @ Visions

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2020 3:51 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5953 posts
2540 upvotes
Endlesscc wrote: Quality wise, when compare this to C9, will one get let say 70% of the performance and on-par black compare to Sony 900F?
The unique thing for the 900F sony is that it has no DSE. Very few LCD tv have no DSE. 900F is at the top or top 2 for non-OLED. Why would anyone consider Hisense for $100 cheaper????
Banned
Dec 29, 2019
4 posts
1 upvote
How reliable are Hisense TVs? Never owned one and I’m kinda wary of the brand.
Nov 24, 2019
151 posts
294 upvotes
Saskatoon
badOne wrote: This is way overpriced. The Sony 900F 55" was selling for $999 for boxing day I think at BB. This sony is far superior to this hisense. I would bite at this hisense at around $599 maybe $650.
Oh? Would you like to back that up with anything of substance? Being that the Q9809 is supposedly the H9F for Canada, the people that review for a living would disagree with you:

Hisense Rtings review
Sony Rtings review
Nov 14, 2017
184 posts
343 upvotes
CherAll wrote: How reliable are Hisense TVs? Never owned one and I’m kinda wary of the brand.
I've had my R6 Hisense for coming up on two years now and have had ZERO issues so far. I've also transitioned it between 3 difference rooms during its ownership and even had it stored in a room under long term construction without an issue.

I've also owned the Q9 since it's Canadian release without concern, and have transitioned it between 2 different rooms. One of which underwent a flood and severe moisture damaging. TV thankfully is still going strong!
[OP]
Sep 9, 2008
125 posts
17 upvotes
I finally got my H9F (55Q9809) a few weeks back and I'm very happy with the quality of the picture .. the black levels really stand out. Compared to my old Sharp TV its night and day. And the colors pop
Images
  • hisense.jpg
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2008
1570 posts
284 upvotes
SaskCanesFan wrote: Oh? Would you like to back that up with anything of substance? Being that the Q9809 is supposedly the H9F for Canada, the people that review for a living would disagree with you:

Hisense Rtings review
Sony Rtings review
Your text to link here...

Yea, the Sony is rated higher overall and especially for sports– not to mention it’s a far more reputable brand than hisense.
Jul 19, 2007
386 posts
77 upvotes
Markham
Need an opinion from someone who got this TV from USA and crossed border. I will be driving to USA in 2-3 weeks time and would like to pick up a 65H9F currently sold for $799 in Bestbuy USA.
Considering 6% sales tax it will ring to $847 US ($1143 CDN with conversion @ 1.35). I am debating if it is worth the difference? How much duty & taxes do we pay while coming back?
I am going for 3 + days with 5 people on board so customs purchase limit is no issue. If I consider 13% tax then it will land me somewhere $1292 taxes in.
Has anyone has visions discount the TV to bring it close to $1200? If so I'd rather buy here with local warranty support. Its a tough decision please help me decide Smiling Face With Sunglasses. Thanks
Oct 24, 2019
9 posts
2 upvotes
resan wrote: Has anyone has visions discount the TV to bring it close to $1200? If so I'd rather buy here with local warranty support. Its a tough decision please help me decide Smiling Face With Sunglasses. Thanks
I'm on the look out for the 55Q9809 (cheapest $878) but I have in my noted that a guy in Calgary got the 65" version for $1098. Just go to Visions and tell them what you are going to do and they will made a deal to save you the drive.
Feb 1, 2012
75 posts
31 upvotes
BROSSARD
badOne wrote: The unique thing for the 900F sony is that it has no DSE. Very few LCD tv have no DSE. 900F is at the top or top 2 for non-OLED. Why would anyone consider Hisense for $100 cheaper????
Yes you right Sony is better at same price of for few buck more but 900F suck about android TV like Hisense because the SoC CPU/GPU/Memory is very poor ... if you look for a powerful android TV must look at the Sony 850G or 950G this 2 models have strong SoC you can see it at diplayspecifications.com...For now all Hisense android tvs have very low power SoC and very little memory 2/4GB unlike sony 2/16GB