Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] Hisense 65" Q9 Quantum Dot TV $402 off ($1598)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2019 7:29 pm
[OP]
Nov 14, 2017
125 posts
187 upvotes

[Visions Electronics] Hisense 65" Q9 Quantum Dot TV $402 off ($1598)

Visions the new Hisense Q9809 Quantum Dot TV on for a decent deal right now. Considering it just came out, $402 off is a pretty good for what you're getting. The 55" is also $302 off, down to $1198.

This TV has a Quantum Dot 4K display (obvs), 120hz native refresh rate (480 Motion Rate), HDR10/Dolby Vision with a 1000nit max brightness, Full Array Local Dimming, and runs on the Android TV OS.

I've been looking for a panel with 1000nits+ brightness and 120hz native for a while now, and jumped on this the second it came out. Quantum dot also doesn't suffer from burn-in like OLED, so the specs make this perfect for PC couch gaming and ready for the next gen consoles.

Link: https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/5 ... ku=65Q9809
33 replies
Oct 27, 2012
73 posts
26 upvotes
How is the TV? I wasn't able to find any reviews online. How does this compare to the TCL 6 series? Any DSE or other panel issues? Does this compete with something like the X900F?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
46850 posts
4850 upvotes
Toronto
pakscorpio wrote:
Aug 7th, 2019 12:36 am
How is the TV? I wasn't able to find any reviews online. How does this compare to the TCL 6 series? Any DSE or other panel issues? Does this compete with something like the X900F?
All non-OLED's have DSE and bad viewing angles. I just find it so weird this TV is already on sale but no one has yet to post a review about it.
Dec 15, 2011
159 posts
172 upvotes
Calgary
While I can't review this TV, I can say my H9908 is one of the best TV's I've ever owned in terms of picture quality and value for money. I'm blown away by it every time I turn it on.

If their new Q series are anything like their prior gen H9 flagship TV's, I'd expect picture quality to be extremely impressive.

That said, their TV's don't seem to hold value for long... I'd expect this TV to drop to a $1,000-$1,200 price range within a year.
Jan 22, 2007
861 posts
123 upvotes
Montreal
waiting for costco in stock 65Q9809
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
6987 posts
1692 upvotes
fearlessfx wrote:
Aug 7th, 2019 3:42 am
While I can't review this TV, I can say my H9908 is one of the best TV's I've ever owned in terms of picture quality and value for money. I'm blown away by it every time I turn it on.

If their new Q series are anything like their prior gen H9 flagship TV's, I'd expect picture quality to be extremely impressive.

That said, their TV's don't seem to hold value for long... I'd expect this TV to drop to a $1,000-$1,200 price range within a year.
Other than the Kuros. I don't think any TV has held any significant value, and no one really bought them for that reason, it was just a side effect of being the best TV ever made, then having the technology being shut down across the industry.

So that's not really an issue for most buyers I don't think.
Oct 27, 2012
73 posts
26 upvotes
Just picked this up today and WOW I’m seriously impressed. Their ULED technology is no joke, crazy black levels. Blows my TCL 6 series out of the water. Very little DSE, only some vignetting in the corners. Seriously looks like an OLED with these blacks. Works flawlessly with Dolby Vision + Dolby Atmos with my Apple TV going through my soundbar.
[OP]
Nov 14, 2017
125 posts
187 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Aug 7th, 2019 2:07 am
All non-OLED's have DSE and bad viewing angles. I just find it so weird this TV is already on sale but no one has yet to post a review about it.
The TV just recently hit the market and from my understanding has little marketing push at the moment as Hisense is focusing more on their H8 which directly competes with the TCL 6 Series.

It's an exclusive to Visions Electronics at the moment, which is not a Canadian wide brick and mortar, although they do offer Canada-wide shipping.

I've used my panel daily for the last week and change and it's amazing. I've dialed in my colors and settings based on various test patterns and I am able to produce a great picture. As mentioned before, there is very little vignetting (Gets better the lower you set your FALD) and the motion rate settings are amongst the best if seen. My only complaint is you have to calibrate the Standard/HDR/Dolby Vision content independently, so full set up can be a little time consuming.

Gaming mode yields input lag between 6-10ms, and since I use the Android TV OS for everything other than gaming, I just leave my HDMI 1 port in Gaming mode 24/7. Netflix on Android OS displays Dolby Vision very well; however, the built in YouTube app does not support HDR unless you cast the content from a smart device into the built in Chrome Cast. This is less of an issue with Hisense and more of a known issue with most of not all Android OS TVs.

At 1000nits the panel is exceptionally bright. I took two pictures of Assassins Creed Odyssey with HDR disabled and HDR enabled at 1000nits and man what a difference! I locked all settings off in manual mode on my camera to insure the results wouldn't get skewed.

Rtngs also recently picked up this TV and they are currently working on an official review, which I am looking forward to. The H8 reviewed very well, so I'm sure the Q9 will as well.
20190806_234217.jpg
20190806_234150.jpg
[OP]
Nov 14, 2017
125 posts
187 upvotes
pakscorpio wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 12:46 am
What settings do you have for your calibration?
I will post some pictures of the settings later tonight when I'm done work. I've calibrated Game mode, Theatre Dark, Theater dark HDR, and Dolby Vision using test patterns pulled from various sources. I may still play with them further, but for now they are where I like them compared to side by sides from my older ISF calibrated Hisense 6107 and the built in Netflix test patterns.
Jul 8, 2012
8 posts
4 upvotes
pakscorpio wrote:
Aug 8th, 2019 10:34 pm
So I found out that the Q9 is just the Canadian version of the H9F. More details on this TV here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd- ... -talk.html

Review here:

Seems like this is the new king of the jungle.
You're absolutely right, I just saw this same H9F tv from Hisense on RTINGS.com and it got a 8.3. This is the Q9809 in Canada..
Here's the rtings.com review: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/h9f
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
46850 posts
4850 upvotes
Toronto
Rtings rated it 8.3, that's pretty good but it's $1600, not sure if it's worth the price premium over the 2 TV's i'm about to recommend.

M658-G1 65" rated at 8.1 could have been had for $999 a couple of weeks ago. 2019 release, has quantum dot technology.

TCL 6-Series 65" rated at 8.0 could be had at $999 at Best Buy right now and possibly at Costco locations if your location has it stocked. This model is a 2018 released model but still stands strong against the TV's coming out in 2019 in it's price range.

If you thought the Hisense was bright apparently the TCL 6-Series is brighter according to the reviews. So TCL 6-Series for bright rooms, Vizio for the darker rooms.
Last edited by Jimboski on Aug 9th, 2019 1:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nov 19, 2006
306 posts
16 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 1:00 pm
Rtings rated it 8.3, that's pretty good but it's $1600, not sure if it's worth the price premium over the 2 TV's i'm about to recommend.

M658-G1 65" rated at 8.1 could have been had for $999 a couple of weeks ago. 2019 release, has quantum dot technology.

TCL 6-Series 65" rated at 8.0 could be had at $999 at Best Buy right now and possibly at Costco locations if your location has it stocked. This model is a 2018 released model but still stands strong against the TV's coming out in 2019 in it's price range.
Interesting take and I agree. Basically, good deal compared to OLED, but not a good deal compared to 6 series / Vizio. This TV sits somewhere between.