Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] Hisense 85" H78G Series 4K Ultra HD Android Smart TV (85H78G) for $1,698

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2021 5:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1103 posts
1404 upvotes
Mississauga

[Visions Electronics] Hisense 85" H78G Series 4K Ultra HD Android Smart TV (85H78G) for $1,698

This deal seems to come around quite often. Though this looks like a flash sale as it will expire on March 8th.
Here is the link to the previous expired deal's thread for some idea of RFD user's who purchased it.

The site lists the discount as $600 off, but it's been at $1,998 for a while now, so it looks more like $300 off.

Edit: Amazon also has it for the same price.
14 replies
Jun 22, 2007
167 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
It might also come back to this price at costco if you are willing to wait. Last time i posted this deal it was visions and amazon first then costco followed a few days later. I got it at costco with the 5 year warranty.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1103 posts
1404 upvotes
Mississauga
Cheetah wrote: It might also come back to this price at costco if you are willing to wait. Last time i posted this deal it was visions and amazon first then costco followed a few days later. I got it at costco with the 5 year warranty.
A few weeks later, please could you share your impressions of the TV from regular use?
Jun 22, 2007
167 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
Gangsta101 wrote: A few weeks later, please could you share your impressions of the TV from regular use?
I haven't opened mine yet as I am waiting to move in a few weeks. 85" won't fit in my condo loll

Below is my original thread with plenty of comments and reviews including pictures, skim through it:
costco-1698-hisense-85h78g-85-smart-ult ... 0-2438454/
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1103 posts
1404 upvotes
Mississauga
Cheetah wrote: I haven't opened mine yet as I am waiting to move in a few weeks. 85" won't fit in my condo loll

I took the risk of not buying the last time because there was no way I was going to move a monster TV down from the top apartment, and across from Mississauga to Cambridge. I know they've got great warranty from Costco, but I just wasn't going to take that risk. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Jun 22, 2007
167 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
Gangsta101 wrote: I took the risk of not buying the last time because there was no way I was going to move a monster TV down from the top apartment, and across from Mississauga to Cambridge. I know they've got great warranty from Costco, but I just wasn't going to take that risk. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
I've been waiting 3 months now to mount it man loll still in the box at my parent's house, I can't wait!! 3 more weeks until this bad boy on the living room wall at my new place.
Sep 10, 2017
107 posts
113 upvotes
Really would like to get this from Costco with the warranty. Hoping it comes back, but it's currently out of stock there.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1419 posts
315 upvotes
ORLEANS
I got this from Costco and when scheduling a delivery date, I was able to delay delivery by almost 2 months on the website.
Dec 23, 2011
312 posts
210 upvotes
toronto
Cheetah wrote: I've been waiting 3 months now to mount it man loll still in the box at my parent's house, I can't wait!! 3 more weeks until this bad boy on the living room wall at my new place.
Would like to know how you mount it.
Jun 22, 2007
167 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
fishhunting wrote: Would like to know how you mount it.
You need a 800x400 VESA mount. If you skim through the old thread there a few options. Heavy duty mount.
Oct 15, 2016
19 posts
27 upvotes
It's over 100 pounds I'd recommend for a regular mount you hit at least two wooden studs, for an articulating mount even three studs fully extended your applying some scary force.

Metal studs like in a condo building don't even think about using the included lags. I'd get plywood and mount that with 3 or 4 zip toggle angles per metal stud to two studs minimum.
Nov 13, 2008
62 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough
Comparing to SONY XBR85X850G, this TV:
Pros
1. Color is pretty good
2. The tv frame looks better than the SONY
3. Size
Cons
1. Noticable "artifact" in fast action scenes like action movie or hockey.
2. More noise in black
3. Slower UI

Overall, I have no complain because of the price, but if it is your main TV, you may want to go one level up.
Sep 10, 2017
107 posts
113 upvotes
Damn, out of stock at Costco again, with no sale yet.

My dreams are slowly fading.