Hisense L9G 100" 4K Trichroma Smart Laser TV + ALR Laser TV Screen $4,798

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2021 12:17 pm
[OP]
Mar 14, 2007
177 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto

[Visions Electronics] Hisense L9G 100" 4K Trichroma Smart Laser TV + ALR Laser TV Screen $4,798

It's Hisense's 2021 model trichroma laser TV. I own the TV. IMO it's well worth the money.

They have different models on sale too.

https://www.visions.ca/catalogue/catego ... se%20laser
31 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22949 posts
178492 upvotes
GTA
I remember seeing in the Costco deals for the week the older model also on sale (same price as at Visions - $3998):

https://www.costco.ca/CatalogSearch?dep ... +projector

Don't know the differences between the models and how that may translate to better PQ, but may very well be worth the extra $800 (not that I can afford it in the first place, lol)...
Aug 15, 2017
135 posts
225 upvotes
I just crowdfunded VAVA's new Chroma model, but if you're after 120Hz (and don't need the picture size flexibility), then the L9G is an amazing choice. It's a very well-reviewed projector.

The 120" model is also on sale, with and without a screen (you want the screen, though - it makes a big difference on this type of projector).
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2073 posts
1178 upvotes
Forristal wrote: I just crowdfunded VAVA's new Chroma model, but if you're after 120Hz (and don't need the picture size flexibility), then the L9G is an amazing choice. It's a very well-reviewed projector.

The 120" model is also on sale, with and without a screen (you want the screen, though - it makes a big difference on this type of projector).
How much was the entry to the crowdfunding?

I wouldve been interested if it was $500>

Edit: that was way off Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2004
1178 posts
575 upvotes
was thinking of pulling the trigger on the L5F on Costco.ca (with screen and installation) for $4,000 but given this model seems to have hdmi 2.1 + dolby atmos, will hold off till Costco stocks the L9G (hopefully within the next year at a similar $4,000 price point?)
she may be payin for dinner, but i'll be earnin it later!
Dec 27, 2018
91 posts
104 upvotes
nual wrote: It's Hisense's 2021 model trichroma laser TV. I own the TV. IMO it's well worth the money.

They have different models on sale too.

https://www.visions.ca/catalogue/catego ... se%20laser
I am getting split response from online so I wanted to ask.
Does this projector really have 120hz 4K,
I asked on reddit and people said its only 60hz, on the official website it said 60hz, yet on the stock photos it said "4k120hz" on the back.

Since this is a special order item, it wasn't refundable via vision.ca, and I won't want to pay a 5k bid on it.

Would you kindly finally be able to answer my question?
[OP]
Mar 14, 2007
177 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
chlronald wrote: I am getting split response from online so I wanted to ask.
I asked on reddit and people said its only 60hz, on the official website it said 60hz, yet on the stock photos it said "4k120hz" on the back.

Since this is a special order item, it wasn't refundable via vision.ca, and I won't want to pay a 5k bid on it.

sorry I don't have the answer for this question. It doesn't say anything about 60hz/120hz in either the manual nor the TV per se.
Jan 24, 2018
82 posts
107 upvotes

The display will be 60hz. It's labelled that way as it can accept a 120hz 4k signal but it will reduce it to 60hz for actual display purpose.
Sep 2, 2003
533 posts
246 upvotes
York
It seems Hisense USA have 2 screen options. The ALR Daylight Screen and the ALR Cinema Screen. Also, the 100" screens are already preassembled. The package sold by visions comes with the ALR screen made for the L5F. I don't think Hisense Canada sells the preassembled screens as there is no mention of it on their website.

Hisense USA L9G
Hisense Canada L9G
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
5877 posts
5207 upvotes
Ottawa
Wait do you need special screens? i'm just looking to replace a 4 year old 1080p viewsonic at this point.
Dec 27, 2018
91 posts
104 upvotes
Coaler wrote: The display will be 60hz. It's labelled that way as it can accept a 120hz 4k signal but it will reduce it to 60hz for actual display purpose.
Oh my, is waiting to be lawsuit all over again like claiming 1080P but the native resolution is only 480P.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2003
2984 posts
156 upvotes
Unit is quite a bit smaller than the 100L5F, which is nice, but its still not clear the exact distance from the wall requirement for the 100" screen. Both preview pages for the 100" and 120" L9G say 30.3cm, but it cant be the same for both. Unit is 13.6" deep so you need your cabinet sitting 24"+ deep (if built in) or really off the wall if using tv cabinet stand (5-7", likely more for 120").

Looks like visions is building this package with the older screen of the 100L5F, which is still a good screen, but id rather get the pre-built one.

Might wait for costco to get this model, as i think its going to work well my needs. The samsung LSP9T and LG HU85LA were the 2 i was eyeing because the distance from the wall is much less, but they are significantly more $.
[OP]
Mar 14, 2007
177 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto

Check out this new review on YouTube

It does support 4K @120hz
Dec 27, 2018
91 posts
104 upvotes
nual wrote: Check out this new review on YouTube

It does accepted the 120Hz, but it doesn't automatically mean that it will display 120Hz.
(Like some projector accept 1080P but it could display at 480P).
Especially on their website it stated 60Hz on the spec section.

I have also asked the same question to Chris on Reddit but there is no reply to this perpendicular question.
I hope someone owned the projector can tried it out with the UFO test and see if it is true 120Hz.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2004
1178 posts
575 upvotes
fl4wless wrote: Unit is quite a bit smaller than the 100L5F, which is nice, but its still not clear the exact distance from the wall requirement for the 100" screen. Both preview pages for the 100" and 120" L9G say 30.3cm, but it cant be the same for both. Unit is 13.6" deep so you need your cabinet sitting 24"+ deep (if built in) or really off the wall if using tv cabinet stand (5-7", likely more for 120").

Looks like visions is building this package with the older screen of the 100L5F, which is still a good screen, but id rather get the pre-built one.

Might wait for costco to get this model, as i think its going to work well my needs. The samsung LSP9T and LG HU85LA were the 2 i was eyeing because the distance from the wall is much less, but they are significantly more $.
looks like costco has this model now, but unclear which screen is included in the bundle? On sale for 4,500 + 350 cash card back?

https://www.costco.ca/hisense-100-in.-4 ... 88442.html

edit:
looks like in canada, hisense only has a single option for the screen and it is the same as the previous gen (L5F).
in the USA, they have 2 new screen types with the new L9F models, "cinema" and "daylight".
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2003
2984 posts
156 upvotes
PsychoMantis wrote: looks like costco has this model now, but unclear which screen is included in the bundle? On sale for 4,500 + 350 cash card back?

https://www.costco.ca/hisense-100-in.-4 ... 88442.html

edit:
looks like in canada, hisense only has a single option for the screen and it is the same as the previous gen (L5F).
in the USA, they have 2 new screen types with the new L9F models, "cinema" and "daylight".
purchased today! woulda been nice if it included screen set up, hopefully it isnt too painful.
Oct 31, 2014
92 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nual wrote: Check out this new review on YouTube

The pinned comment (i.e. from the creator) of that video:
I have just been been informed by Hisense that the DLP system is actually limited to 60hz so the input lag is not reduced to 16ms with 4K@120 as I assumed in the video.
If this thing had 120hz output I'd buy it. But I'm thinking we're not going to get a real 4k, 120hz, HDMI 2.1 UST under $5k for a while yet.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
16011 posts
7611 upvotes
Ottawa
Konowl wrote: Wait do you need special screens? i'm just looking to replace a 4 year old 1080p viewsonic at this point.
the special screens are designed to reject other ambient light

https://www.projectorscreen.com/blog/Le ... ort-Throws
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2004
1178 posts
575 upvotes
fl4wless wrote: purchased today! woulda been nice if it included screen set up, hopefully it isnt too painful.
Costco does include screen setup