Hisense Q8G 55 inch $698

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2020 6:05 pm
[OP]
Aug 6, 2019
994 posts
1644 upvotes

[Visions Electronics] Hisense Q8G 55 inch $698

I was just browsing and came across this on the Visions website. The Q8G received decent ratings on Rtings.com. Seeing how this TV came out only couple of a months ago, I think this is a good deal.

As owner of Q7G, I'm satisfied with it and may consider upgrading but we'll see if my missus would agree with spending more money
6 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11542 posts
9173 upvotes
Toronto
gizmokrap wrote: As owner of Q7G, I'm satisfied with it and may consider upgrading but we'll see if my missus would agree with spending more money
Q7G is identical except for WCG (rarely used) so not an upgrade, Hisense explains it a bit more on Reddit. Q9G is the step up model.
Last edited by Angultra on Jul 24th, 2020 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Aug 6, 2019
994 posts
1644 upvotes
Angultra wrote: Q7G is identical except for WCG (rarely used), so not an upgrade, Hisense explains it a bit more on Reddit. Q9G is the step up model.
Well adding a function would be an upgrade, wouldn't you say? In any case I may consider Q9G even if it is a big price jump for better HDR brightness, WCG, more dimming zones and 120hz panel.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11542 posts
9173 upvotes
Toronto
gizmokrap wrote: Well adding a function would be an upgrade, wouldn't you say? In any case I may consider Q9G even if it is a big price jump for better HDR brightness, WCG, more dimming zones and 120hz panel.
Not really, in their words: "The Q7G and Q8G are so similar that they were created to reach different retailers and one cannot contractually carry both."

I wouldn't worry about the difference for sure.
Feb 8, 2017
487 posts
367 upvotes
Angultra wrote: Not really, in their words: "The Q7G and Q8G are so similar that they were created to reach different retailers and one cannot contractually carry both."

I wouldn't worry about the difference for sure.
I'm not so sure, after watching some HDR content on my Q7G, I'm wondering if Q8G would have been better. HDR looks very washed out. Even my wife complained, which was a first. She will happily watch a show on a phone because she doesn't feel like turning on the TV.
Jun 17, 2008
127 posts
44 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Was $615 with their last promo, if you can find a store with stock you should be able to get them to move a bit on price.
Aug 29, 2017
293 posts
89 upvotes
Anybody knows which Samsung QLED series is comparable to this?