Expired Hot Deals

Visions Electronics

HOT! Huawei Smart Watch GT $148 (50% off)

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5070 posts
3251 upvotes

[Visions Electronics] HOT! Huawei Smart Watch GT $148 (50% off)

Aside from the brand and geo-political noise around, this is a solid watch and an awesome price. Note this isn't the newest GT2 that came out this March.

If I didn't get the Skagen earlier this year, I would have shelled out $50 more for this. Battery life alone is the huge step above all other smart watches.

It runs their own proprietary OS, as Wear OS isn't the greatest. Health app is their own but you can sync up with Google Fit anyways.

The upside, there's no ugly branding and it just looks like a nice watch.
159 replies
Apr 23, 2008
81 posts
117 upvotes
I wanted one that is similar to apples EKG ecg heart monitoring... I know this does it but does anyone know if it's accurate like that. Also do you need huawei phone or compatible with all android?
Apr 24, 2010
940 posts
701 upvotes
Canada
supremePug wrote: Battery life? It looks very sleek.
I use it as a regular watch, never use the sports features. Battery lasts at least 2 weeks with 24/7 continuous heart rate monitoring.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5070 posts
3251 upvotes
Butterbeerman wrote: I wanted one that is similar to apples EKG ecg heart monitoring... I know this does it but does anyone know if it's accurate like that. Also do you need huawei phone or compatible with all android?
Android and iOS, they have an app.
Jul 23, 2011
652 posts
382 upvotes
Toronto
I'm still rocking the original Huawei watch as a daily driver..i had no plans to upgrade but this price seems to good to be true.
For my uses wear os has been fine. I would like to add NFC for contactless payment with Google pay but am concerned about compatability with huawei and a proprietary OS.
Jul 30, 2015
217 posts
313 upvotes
Ottawa
[...] it's a solid watch.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 24th, 2020 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic content removed so thread doesn't get derailed
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3004 posts
1469 upvotes
Markham
Open box / demo
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1934 posts
918 upvotes
Scarborough
wadokai wrote: is the display always on?
No, they added that feature to the GT2 watch.

update: apparently the added this function via 1.0.8.34 update.
Last edited by Uberclk on Jul 24th, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 15, 2012
6 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver, British C…
Do they accept returns/exchange since it's final clearance?
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9823 posts
1299 upvotes
GTA
socioguru wrote: Black - The Source $10 more
Thanks for heads up about the Source. I bought one from there because trust them more than amazon.ca link (sounds like comes from overseas) and I wanted black.

I have an old WearOS watch that I got from a RFD deal ages ago (was refurb for like $75). Works well but no GPS/Heart Rate monitor,etc so this will be a nice gadget to play around with.
Jul 23, 2011
652 posts
382 upvotes
Toronto
I had it in the cart and was ready to pay.. decided to watch a YouTube video before the last step.
For those replacing a fitbit, this will be more stylish with greater battery life than a true smart watch. For me, I'd be losing key features of my OG huawei WEAR OS watch. Wallet safe..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)