Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Visions Electronics

Huawei Dual Car Charger with 1m USB-A to USB-C Cable (Today only ) - $ 8

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2023 11:03 am
Oct 5, 2005
278 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
dacraig wrote: It's really still an amazing phone. I feel like the camera quality has deteriorated over the years but that might just be my imagination (or a CONSPIRACY lol). It's still a great phone.
I feel the same. If I recall, it used to be able to let you select your photo/video resolutions. The photos used to be amazing. I think the software updates ruined it. Maybe it is a conspiracy to get you to upgrade your phone.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12900 posts
13096 upvotes
okano wrote: you can probably know by now why so many negative vote everytime that "word" appear, i bet it would be the same for toyota and honda back in the 80s if rfd exist back then
I don't think Toyota and Honda ever has a huge target on them from US gov like Huawei.

Huawei is doing fine until US is pissed that China got too much influence in Canada. Then the whole shit show started with CFO and everything went as expected.

Now this brand is forever tainted due to the Michaels.

But if Huawei doesn't get the bad rep, Visions won't need to clear them. So... whatev.

I'm kind surprised someone still need one of these in 2023.
Jan 19, 2014
329 posts
576 upvotes
Vancouver
Can we just draw some yellow stars on the site logo so we don't have any illusions as to which red flag we're taking about?
Aug 25, 2010
129 posts
249 upvotes
Woodstock
hollywood wrote: I feel the same. If I recall, it used to be able to let you select your photo/video resolutions. The photos used to be amazing. I think the software updates ruined it. Maybe it is a conspiracy to get you to upgrade your phone.
That is exactly what I think happened tbh, but I have no way to confirm. It still takes really good pics but it's not as good for movement or low light as it used to be. BUT, for a 5 year old phone that's battery still lasts almost all day with regular use, I'm not complaining too much.
Sep 22, 2017
393 posts
237 upvotes
You could buy one like it from Dollarama and Dollartree. Not Huawei branded but I would think also China made. I have one in our car for about 5 years now with the dash cam connected and a free port available for charging just enough to keep the phone on and you could continue charging at home (so it does not drain battery or use much gas).

If you want branded I would think anker would sell one as well
Sep 22, 2017
393 posts
237 upvotes
lesoir wrote: Must note that fast-charge only works for Huawei phones. Any else will get USB A charging speed. You will be lucky if you get 10w most likely 5w.
Not only for Huawei phones but all recent usb C phones that can do fast charge.

but if you do the Math- 4.5V/5A and 9V/2A-> that means 22.5W for fast charge vs 18W for non fast charge. Not a lot of difference
Sep 22, 2017
393 posts
237 upvotes
sunnysidesolutions wrote: Former Huawei owner. The USB cables with the purple color inside fit the best. Just like this one. So I think it should be fine
goflamesgo wrote: Yeah that was a pain because almost every USB-C cable fell out of that phone. I purchased a genuine Huawei cable from eBay for the price of this one just for that purpose a couple of weeks ago. It looks exactly like this cable so you should be fine.
Just goes to show that some China made stuffs are not all standards compliant which should be expected when buying. for example you could buy some cheaper China made headsets but sometimes your other usb chargers does not work with it.
Aug 25, 2010
129 posts
249 upvotes
Woodstock
dacraig wrote: Hmmm...I wonder if this cable will actually stay in my P20Pro...The only cables that still stay in it are the original Huawei USB A-C that came with it. No matter how much I clean the port it changes nothing.
Update. Picked it up today. It stays in but it's not rock solid. It'll slip out pretty easy (enter Michael Scott). It also doesn't say super/fast charging when plugged in, just charging. Pretty sure my usb c port needs to be replaced so now I've got to decide if that's worth it or look for a new phone.
Nov 30, 2013
956 posts
1318 upvotes
jonee316 wrote: Not only for Huawei phones but all recent usb C phones that can do fast charge.

but if you do the Math- 4.5V/5A and 9V/2A-> that means 22.5W for fast charge vs 18W for non fast charge. Not a lot of difference
Nope. This particular charger will only work with Huawei phones for fast charging. For PD fast charge (iPhone, google, etc...) you will need PD fast charger which are always usb-c-to-lighting or usb-c-to-usb-c.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14471 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Unraveller wrote: Still the best phone I've ever owned. Wife still uses hers. I use the p30 pro now
While this deal is long expired. I’d have picked one of these up had I seen it.

My Mate 20 Pro is still going strong. Great battery life, pics are still crisp. Doesn’t feel sluggish. It’s given me little need to “upgrade”.

I did pick up one of the INIU chargers off Amazon a few months back and it does quick charge the Mate, but probably not as fast as this one. But both outlets on this unit are high power…$13 right now with the coupon

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0946V ... =UTF8&th=1

I am still looking for an OEM Huawei home charger for my phone since the original is finicky now. But those don’t seem available, or appear to be knock offs.
Dec 8, 2013
543 posts
163 upvotes
Etobicoke
$40 now in toronto
Zoomer $36/mo,400 min,Canada wide,2gb data,unltd text,free everything*
Zoomer Home Phone $10/mo,free Canada wide,modem,voicemail,features*