Nov 23, 2017
2737 posts
5428 upvotes

KEF LS50W $1999

Savings:
$800 off
Retailer:
Visions Electronics
My friend just went to Visions to demo a set of LS50Ws and ended up buying them for $2198, $600 off their regular price of $2799!
He told me they were trying to make end of month numbers, he called around to 2001 Audio Video (after his impulse buy) and they said they could do it for about $5-10 less.

End of month discounts are pretty legit after all lol

Obviously this is not for everyone (b̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶v̶o̶t̶e̶s̶), but this is an insane deal, basically USA pricing for one of the best wireless bookshelf speakers on the market right now
https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/3 ... 0WIRELESSB

Last edited by kimwoobingsu on Jun 10th, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
29 replies
Jun 27, 2011
296 posts
391 upvotes
MONTRÉAL
There are two downvotes for « not a good price »
Care to share whats the best price for these usually and where to get that price?

I own the non wireless version of these. They sound insanely good. I’d love to try the wireless. Theres something cool of having a hifi speaker with built in amplification. Amp and speaker designed for each other.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14782 posts
6021 upvotes
Ottawa
ChunkAhoy wrote: There are two downvotes for « not a good price »
Care to share whats the best price for these usually and where to get that price?
exactly

"I wouldn't spend this much on speakers" is not the same thing as "not a good price"
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2737 posts
5428 upvotes
ChunkAhoy wrote: I own the non wireless version of these. They sound insanely good. I’d love to try the wireless. Theres something cool of having a hifi speaker with built in amplification. Amp and speaker designed for each other.
The fact that they integrated all of this in the small package makes them really impressive
The reason these might win out against some other speakers in my house is the beautiful design, and lack of cables and amps (WAF).
These speakers are gorgeous.

Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14782 posts
6021 upvotes
Ottawa
Actually I think they are kind of ugly....I don't like to see exposed drivers especially gold ones.

but there's no arguing these are worth their price soundwise.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Dec 28, 2006
968 posts
1007 upvotes
When you see the wired ones are selling for $1200 and the wireless ones for $2200, you know something is wrong there.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3080 posts
773 upvotes
BC
Clarity for these are something else, but I’ll admit at this price point magnepans become tempting if size is no concern.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2512 posts
2756 upvotes
Calgary
These are not really really wireless. You know that right.
Images
  • ls50 wireless.jpg
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10706 posts
5045 upvotes
Im also not a fan of the look of these but they do sound great.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
Mar 14, 2019
163 posts
181 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Visions will give you these prices anytime, if you haggle with them a bit.
Nov 6, 2003
309 posts
81 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Keny wrote: When you see the wired ones are selling for $1200 and the wireless ones for $2200, you know something is wrong there.
The wireless ones contain an internal amp and the electronics to control it all. That and the fact they are new are the main reasons for the price difference,

I was offered these for just under $2000 during the BF sale last November. I tested them in my home, and they did sound nice, but I couldn't justify the difference compared to my LS50's.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1647 posts
232 upvotes
cypher wrote: The wireless ones contain an internal amp and the electronics to control it all. That and the fact they are new are the main reasons for the price difference,

I was offered these for just under $2000 during the BF sale last November. I tested them in my home, and they did sound nice, but I couldn't justify the difference compared to my LS50's.
I was also offered these for $2000 back in 2018 around June Can't find the offer anymore otherwise I'd share the handwritten offer.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1217 posts
730 upvotes
AB
Got my blue/black ones end of 2018 for $2050 at visions in St. Albert.

Love them
Jan 2, 2019
5 posts
7 upvotes
It’s not a great price, I got mine in March, originally quoted 2250 but got them for 1988.
Images
  • 7D8D32B0-7C40-43A9-B628-F7B9CA635C24.jpeg
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6831 posts
2762 upvotes
GTA
Amazing set of speakers. Worth every penny. I hear things that I've never heard on the same song that I've been listening for years with these speakers. I think these looks better in person in a proper setting compare to in store, but I do agree that not everyone like the look of these.

I've seen lower price (around $2000-2050) but if you need something now it's decent. I bought mine at the cheaper price.
Aug 15, 2007
566 posts
232 upvotes
Richmond Hill
LS50 are amazing speakers, I was close to pulling trigger on the wired ones for $1K, but I found a fire deal on JBL Arena 130 and I think they belt out more power and low end.
Aug 26, 2008
392 posts
182 upvotes
Calgary, AB
ChunkAhoy wrote: I own the non wireless version of these. They sound insanely good. I’d love to try the wireless. Theres something cool of having a hifi speaker with built in amplification. Amp and speaker designed for each other.
Isn't wired version active too? Network-enabled active speakers is right direction for sure.
But wireless... I doubt the wisdom of paying 1K to compete for bandwidth with neighbours and microwave interference.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8632 posts
1087 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: Actually I think they are kind of ugly....I don't like to see exposed drivers especially gold ones.

but there's no arguing these are worth their price soundwise.
Bah... I love them and mine sound great.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2737 posts
5428 upvotes
vcrm2lbb wrote: It’s not a great price, I got mine in March, originally quoted 2250 but got them for 1988.
That’s a sick price.

My buddy’s price is trash, time to delete this thread or move it to garbage deals.

If you are comfortable can you PM me your whole receipt without the personal information (but like with the store and stuff)?, I want to see if we can get my buddy’s price adjusted. How did you get such an awesome deal?
Last edited by kimwoobingsu on May 30th, 2019 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.