Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Visions Electronics

Kef M500 Hi-Fi On-Ear Headphones - $98

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2019 12:15 am
Mar 7, 2017
105 posts
91 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: Do you guys know if these will sound better than my Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 headphones? It's hard to find a direct comparison.
The M500 will likely sound much better (you can’t really compare wired vs wireless though). I own the Backbeat Pro 2 and while they’re very confortable and the battery life is amazing, I feel like the sound is just good, not amazing. IMO, the $80 Jabra Move headphones that I use at the gym sound slightly better.

I am trying to convince myself that I don’t need the M500’s. RFD is going to ruin me haha!
Jul 17, 2012
806 posts
372 upvotes
Kamloops
w1ntersun wrote: The M500 will likely sound much better (you can’t really compare wired vs wireless though). I own the Backbeat Pro 2 and while they’re very confortable and the battery life is amazing, I feel like the sound is just good, not amazing. IMO, the $80 Jabra Move headphones that I use at the gym sound slightly better.

I am trying to convince myself that I don’t need the M500’s. RFD is going to ruin me haha!
agree, I have the backbeat 2 and bought on sale. don't use it much now. doesn't come close to dt1350 which I am thinking about selling to try something new like this m500.

maybe buy 3 and sell 2 on ebay. nobody is gonna buy several and sell some? looks like unlimited supply at visions right now lol.
Oct 26, 2017
80 posts
181 upvotes
Picked one up this afternoon.
Not sure why, but the box is different from all the unboxings on Youtube- it looks cheaper.

They sound pretty good. Nothing life-changing, but decent for $100.
Comes with two cables too.
Jul 17, 2012
806 posts
372 upvotes
Kamloops
porteau wrote: Picked one up this afternoon.
Not sure why, but the box is different from all the unboxings on Youtube- it looks cheaper.

can you post a picture of your box? wonder if they have a version thing on this. very annoying when to do that. sometimes design changes too, I guess it's been 5 years since this release so back then you have the more expensive box and then later they start cheaping out and give out cheaper box. so inside is all identical? like the carrying case.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16766 posts
8110 upvotes

Do you have any other headphones that you can compare them with? I was expecting more than "decent".
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3141 posts
1321 upvotes
Toronto
SickBeast wrote: Do you have any other headphones that you can compare them with? I was expecting more than "decent".
I think with audio gear these days, the "sale price" is really what they're just worth. And when someone say a $100 pair of headphone sounds like a $300 pair, that $300 really just means the inflated retail price of other headphones. Just IMO.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16766 posts
8110 upvotes
ak-47 wrote: I think with audio gear these days, the "sale price" is really what they're just worth. And when someone say a $100 pair of headphone sounds like a $300 pair, that $300 really just means the inflated retail price of other headphones. Just IMO.
Thanks. If that logic holds up then these might not sound as good as my Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 headphones which cost $30 more.

Visions will allow us to return these if we open them up and try them out, right?
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3141 posts
1321 upvotes
Toronto
SickBeast wrote: Thanks. If that logic holds up then these might not sound as good as my Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 headphones which cost $30 more.

Visions will allow us to return these if we open them up and try them out, right?
I would say it depends on the sound signature you prefer. Eg. whether you prefer bassy, mid heavy, a clean clinical sound at the sacrifice of bass, or a v-shaped sound signature (bass and treble heavy). If you want them all, then a $100 pair of headphone will not give you all those qualities. You will have to read the reviews to see what they say about the sound signature. You can also get a good idea from checking the frequency response graphs of each headphone.
Apr 15, 2008
115 posts
73 upvotes
Not sure what your box looks like but the pair I picked up this afternoon is consistent with unboxing youtube videos I found.

*EDIT* By the way, THANKS OP!

Images
  • B83F7A11-D0C8-44CD-B343-A9779FCE9A68.jpeg
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16766 posts
8110 upvotes
wg49 wrote: Not sure what your box looks like but the pair I picked up this afternoon is consistent with unboxing youtube videos I found.

How do they sound? Do you like them?
Oct 26, 2017
80 posts
181 upvotes
Does yours come with a magnetic flap?
Mine came in a simple box with a foam piece on top.
Jul 31, 2008
500 posts
318 upvotes
Markham
ak-47 wrote: I would say it depends on the sound signature you prefer. Eg. whether you prefer bassy, mid heavy, a clean clinical sound at the sacrifice of bass, or a v-shaped sound signature (bass and treble heavy). If you want them all, then a $100 pair of headphone will not give you all those qualities. You will have to read the reviews to see what they say about the sound signature. You can also get a good idea from checking the frequency response graphs of each headphone.
Or you can just use eq.
Jul 18, 2015
207 posts
167 upvotes
Mascouche, QC
ak-47 wrote: I would say it depends on the sound signature you prefer. Eg. whether you prefer bassy, mid heavy, a clean clinical sound at the sacrifice of bass, or a v-shaped sound signature (bass and treble heavy). If you want them all, then a $100 pair of headphone will not give you all those qualities.
No pair of headphones will ever give you all those qualities even a 4000$ pair. They all have their own sound signature and their purposes with their strenghts and weaknesses. Finding the best sounding pair of headphones that is right for you is a long and fun adventure !! Playing with the EQ does help sometimes but not all headphones respond well to EQ unfortunately.
Jul 4, 2012
73 posts
38 upvotes
ST ALBERT
wg49 wrote: Not sure what your box looks like but the pair I picked up this afternoon is consistent with unboxing youtube videos I found.

Same box for me too. Breaking these in since yesterday and they really sound great. Even just on my phone.

They stand near equal with my amped HD600s when merely using the M500's with my phone. Sweet!

Another thanks, to the OP. Fantastic deal!
Last edited by CortexiphanKid on Jun 22nd, 2018 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1284 posts
1066 upvotes
Edmonton
I grabbed mine today, was pretty awesome seeing them priced at almost 400$ behind the counter and only paying 95$ for them. Definitely a keeper, I love the little case it comes with.
Images
  • 20180621_104532.jpg
Jul 18, 2015
207 posts
167 upvotes
Mascouche, QC
Deal is dead ... back at 195$.
Feb 26, 2017
616 posts
437 upvotes
Just got mine today. Do they need an amp? Are they 32 ohm ? I’ve got a soundblaster E1 that I could use.. ?
Apr 15, 2008
115 posts
73 upvotes
Mine had the foam piece you're talking about. No magnetic flip. I guess that's the difference you were referring to? Sorry. No attention to detail from my end...

Broke them in for about an hour yesterday. Sound awesome. Mind you this is the first pair of premium headphones I've ever owned so I have no frame of reference.

Really comfortable and I'm a glasses wearer.

I don't think this deal is dead because it's appearing on the Visions sale flyer which apparently starts tomorrow... YMMV?
Jul 4, 2012
73 posts
38 upvotes
ST ALBERT
Atillathepun wrote: Just got mine today. Do they need an amp? Are they 32 ohm ? I’ve got a soundblaster E1 that I could use.. ?
They are designed for portable use so you should be Ok. They will scale up when amped but they sound pretty impressive without amping too.
Sep 7, 2011
352 posts
524 upvotes
Toronto
CortexiphanKid wrote: They stand near equal with my amped HD600s when merely using the M500's with my phone.
Interesting. I have the HD580 which is pretty similar to the HD600. My M500 are arriving shortly so I'm curious to see. It would be great if they're really that good!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)