Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Visions Electronics

Kef M500 Hi-Fi On-Ear Headphones - $98

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2019 12:15 am
Jul 4, 2012
73 posts
38 upvotes
ST ALBERT
micah356 wrote: Interesting. I have the HD580 which is pretty similar to the HD600. My M500 are arriving shortly so I'm curious to see. It would be great if they're really that good!
Interested in your thoughts. The M500s opened up nicely after about 20 hrs of use.

According to a hifi.org poster:

+
The HD 600 are basically the HD 580 Jubilee with a different paint job.

The Jubilee were basically a fine-tuned version of the 580.

When the designer of the 580 told me that he had originally wanted the 580 to have an open back like the 600, I swapped the backs on my own pair.

The sound signature of the 580 and 600 are pretty close - the 600 *is* a better headphone, but the 580 is very close so if money is tight the 580 is a good alternative.
Sep 7, 2011
352 posts
524 upvotes
Toronto
CortexiphanKid wrote: Interested in your thoughts. The M500s opened up nicely after about 20 hrs of use.
Have just used for an hour so far, and they are definitely good! Unfortunately they are not adaptable for my large head. I'll have to try to figure out a way to spread them wider.
Jul 4, 2012
73 posts
38 upvotes
ST ALBERT
micah356 wrote: Have just used for an hour so far, and they are definitely good! Unfortunately they are not adaptable for my large head. I'll have to try to figure out a way to spread them wider.
Good Luck!
Sep 6, 2012
586 posts
274 upvotes
Vancouver
Price changed to $195...
Sep 6, 2012
586 posts
274 upvotes
Vancouver
micah356 wrote: Have just used for an hour so far, and they are definitely good! Unfortunately they are not adaptable for my large head. I'll have to try to figure out a way to spread them wider.
How is Vision's return policy? Can one return after opening?
Sep 6, 2012
586 posts
274 upvotes
Vancouver
just called and hold a unit at the sale price til closing. Check your local Visions if you still want a pair.
Apr 16, 2017
228 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
My first order was canceled. Placed a second order couple of days ago and that shipped. Deal aint dead yet folks.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2008
1753 posts
1902 upvotes
HariD964 wrote: My first order was canceled. Placed a second order couple of days ago and that shipped. Deal aint dead yet folks.
Pretty sure the deal is dead cuz the price online changed.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19712 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
People comparing them to the HD600 will find one thing, these are more bass capable headphones compared to the HD600, no comparison really. The HD600 are traditional audiophile headphones and as older open designs, they can't and were not designed to have any deep bass and the deep bass isn't as tight. Basically they have decent bass down to about 90Hz and then drop like a rock. Bass lovers will find much more joy with these, bass is tighter AND more plentiful, they have a pretty even sound which is easy to love.

I still prefer my HD600 because they do the mids and highs better for my taste than most headphones under $300, but the fact you can compare the two make these a great deal for $100. They have a strong punchy sound. A lot of which headphone is preferable will depend mostly on what your expected sound signature is.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Dec 3, 2006
411 posts
165 upvotes
DanP wrote: Pretty sure the deal is dead cuz the price online changed.
Not sure what happen to their website, but just bought one today instore at their Colosus branch in Woodbridge. They still have like 6 of them when left around 5pm.

Tried it with my Lg V30, it was smooth sound with decent bass and nice projection of other details.

Got blown away when I tried it with my old Sony A17 DAP with FiiO E18 DAC. All details were smooth and bass was solid with no sign of distortion as I increase the volume crazy.

Well worth the price of $100+ tax in with it’s solid aluminum build, low profile form factor and hifi sound.

A solid addition to my headphone collections.
Happy
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8093 upvotes
Man you guys have me super stoked about these headphones. Mine are arriving on Monday. I can't wait to try them out.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19712 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
SickBeast wrote: Man you guys have me super stoked about these headphones. Mine are arriving on Monday. I can't wait to try them out.
you're coming from the Backbeat no? These will sound a bit more neutral (flat but present bass, decent mids, clear detailed treble). These may actually sound a bit boring if you are used to headphones with extra strong bass or sharp treble. They have a sound that is jack of all trades, nothing really lacking in any one area, maybe not excelling in any one area either, just competent overall.

I don't like a lot of so called audiophile headphones because they are too specialized toward certain types of music, but these have an easy to like sound quality, warm and full sounding.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Dec 3, 2006
411 posts
165 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: Hey guys would something like this work as a decent headphone amp?

https://www.amazon.ca/Creative-Sound-Bl ... B00EO6X4XG

Going through my FLAC tracks right now using my S8+ with it plugged to a USB C to 3.5mm Aux DAC

Pixel 2 to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter with DAC Chipset, Stouchi Nylon Braided Type C to 3.5mm Audio Adapter USB C to 3.5mm with Realtek Noise Reduction Chip for Pixel 2/ XL, HTC U11, Essential ph-1 https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0789C7V7L/ref ... lBbG0V9450

And it’s rockin right now man which ever genre I throw at it! Surprisingly it’s playing awesomely well on my S8+ with USB C to 3.5mm Aux DAC combo than my LG V30 with built-in Quad DAC.

I think it will do well with your headphone amp.
Happy
Jul 4, 2012
73 posts
38 upvotes
ST ALBERT
warpdrive wrote: People comparing them to the HD600 will find one thing, these are more bass capable headphones compared to the HD600, no comparison really. The HD600 are traditional audiophile headphones and as older open designs, they can't and were not designed to have any deep bass and the deep bass isn't as tight. Basically they have decent bass down to about 90Hz and then drop like a rock. Bass lovers will find much more joy with these, bass is tighter AND more plentiful, they have a pretty even sound which is easy to love.

I still prefer my HD600 because they do the mids and highs better for my taste than most headphones under $300, but the fact you can compare the two make these a great deal for $100. They have a strong punchy sound. A lot of which headphone is preferable will depend mostly on what your expected sound signature is.
Totally agree. I prefer my HD600s for critical listening. The M500s offer a close alternative with more sub-bass plus you can use them on the go. Sweet!
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4863 posts
3538 upvotes
Burnaby
$195?

Incompetent workers (and criminals) cover each other's "lower back"
Keywords: doxxers, moles, security breaches, cs*s,

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)