Expired Hot Deals

Visions Electronics

Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 Computer Speakers $198(save $101)

[OP]
Nov 24, 2008
287 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto

[Visions Electronics] Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 Computer Speakers $198(save $101)

I have been looking for some speakers for the PC and didn't want anything too big. Ended up finding this and thought I'd share.

Note. No optical only aux cable.
48 replies
Sep 2, 2006
241 posts
230 upvotes
Burnaby
Awesome speakers. Still have mine from 2010, on sale for $99 at London Drugs back then....Inflation is a hell of a drug.
Jan 20, 2010
462 posts
170 upvotes
toronto
Still a very solid speakers from 10 years ago. But for 2022, probably it is better to buy a desktop speakers supporting both AUX & BT, like one of those edifiers in another post.
Feb 23, 2004
834 posts
130 upvotes
Richmond
I bought these waaaay back in the day from NCIX when these were all the rage and computers were still sold in beige. Sill have a picture of my bedroom from ~2002 when I set them up.

Was never very happy with them personally, kept them for maybe 3 years before the amp plate died. Replaced with bookshelves and never looked back.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
1670 posts
787 upvotes
YYC
Wow I think these speakers have been around longer then me lool
Dec 30, 2009
196 posts
138 upvotes
Markham
Very nice speakers . I remember buying these about decade ago (sounds old doesnt it?) for my tv speaker and the Audio Engine A5+ for my pc set up. Both of them still going strong ... however I have a minor problem with the promedia. the volume knob is a bit funky and can hear low whinning noise when nothing is turned on . and you cannot turn them off (no dedicated off button). unless u unplug the power
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2006
1091 posts
965 upvotes
these are absolutely way too bright. It was these or the edifier s2.1d back in the day and I was SO glad to go edifier. They're still around and relevant to this day. Since you can't find those anymore people say the modern day successor is the edifier s350db. I'd invest in that (slightly larger speakers) or the 2.0 powered speakers you have everyone buy on this forum
Jul 9, 2018
92 posts
70 upvotes
I have a set from 2010 I think. They are starting to give up but they were great for many years.
Feb 21, 2008
386 posts
172 upvotes
Can I connect these via USB? Doesn't say in the description so guess not. I am looking for desktop speakers that connect to my PC dock via USB. I was hoping the Kanto YU2's or Audioengine A2+'s come on sale, but they didn't.... sigh
Nov 21, 2019
949 posts
1151 upvotes
These don't look worth $200 to me, not to mention the reg price of 300.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6860 posts
1410 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Gamblor wrote: Awesome speakers. Still have mine from 2010, on sale for $99 at London Drugs back then....Inflation is a hell of a drug.
I remember this too. I wonder if there’s any changes over the years or if the internals are exactly the same? The original but as one of the best 2.1 set at the time.
May 4, 2015
85 posts
19 upvotes
Montreal, QC
SonicRings wrote: These don't look worth $200 to me, not to mention the reg price of 300.
It's going very often under 100$ USD on amazon.com...it's just overpriced in CA
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
16932 posts
8988 upvotes
Ottawa
wow, blast from the past....are these actually in production? I cant see them on the website
<insert sig>
Sep 2, 2006
241 posts
230 upvotes
Burnaby
number8888 wrote: I remember this too. I wonder if there’s any changes over the years or if the internals are exactly the same? The original but as one of the best 2.1 set at the time.
The only change I noticed ( bought another newer pair for my mom 2 years ago) was the power connector in the subwoofer was angled down now, so the weight of the cord doesn't warp the connection like it did in the past models, which caused the static noise.
May 23, 2017
27 posts
20 upvotes
I'm also still using these speakers after 10+ years....never had to urge to upgrade them, they get the job done and still look good.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1604 posts
326 upvotes
Maple, ON
Beware of low frequency hum from subwoofer, otherwise SQ is great for the money.
Jul 16, 2008
7 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa, ON
I have unopened box purchased from states 2 years ago. I am in Ottawa area. If anyone want them let me know.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2517 posts
1039 upvotes
Burnaby
My amp went up in smoke. Still cant bring myself to toss it
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
8728 posts
2145 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Peuple upgraded it from the hisense hs214 I think at 78$
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Mar 21, 2012
611 posts
561 upvotes
Edmonton
1madman1 wrote: I bought these waaaay back in the day from NCIX when these were all the rage and computers were still sold in beige. Sill have a picture of my bedroom from ~2002 when I set them up.

Was never very happy with them personally, kept them for maybe 3 years before the amp plate died. Replaced with bookshelves and never looked back.
this is mind blowing to see these still for sale almost 20 years later. I have been using these as my desktop speakers since probably 2002 as well. I only recently replaced them with a TCL alto 9+ which i got for free due to faulty hdmi-cec (long story). these promedia speakers might actually sound better than the sound bar. my only complaint with them is that the subwoofer volume cannot be reduced. even with the subwoofer dial at minimum the subwoofer gain is still quite high

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)