• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2020 5:30 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2012
1151 posts
2431 upvotes

[Visions Electronics] Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 iPod / Computer Speakers $198 PM OP

Warm deal on the 2.1 speakers @ this price.

PM: https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX29396 $299.99

Enjoy!
13 replies
Aug 23, 2011
36 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
has anyone tried these?

Should I be leaning towards USB over 3.5 mm / analog for better sound quality?
Jul 7, 2018
33 posts
81 upvotes
EvW44BB wrote: has anyone tried these? Should I be leaning towards USB over 3.5 mm / analog for better sound quality?
For this kind of speaker it won't make a noticeable difference (in terms of sound quality) whether USB or 3.5 jack.

I've had these for many years, playing 24/7 in my bedroom. They are decent, but I think I like my classic Altec Lansing ACS48 better sound-wise, though it has shorted out on me. These, while competent, seem just a bit less well-defined, whereas the ACS had a certain wow! factor to it. I'm surprised that this product is still competitive and considered a warm deal at this price.
Dec 30, 2006
270 posts
194 upvotes
Oakville
Sorry have to be brief but these in my opinion are absolutely beautiful sounding speakers. Very clear and good sound stage and does justice to music and great for my gaming too. Mine are these ones from visions, not THX versions. But I love them nonetheless. Read reviews, consistently has been the best or near best 2.1 speakers when I was looking them up last year.

I bought two of them from visions when I could price match clearance at Canada computers ($160 each pair after price beat). But although may not be lowest price, the discount looks good. If you want the great sound quality, hard to find better. But I’d love to hear others chime in if there are better speakers so I can consider them!

(I was writing and someone else beat me to it and said altec Lansing ones better. I’ll have to look into that)
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1435 posts
102 upvotes
These have been around since the days they had to be magnetically shielded.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4466 posts
2878 upvotes
Edmonton
I owned these for quite some time and loved them when I was younger. They are a bass heavy which was great back then but for my taste today I like a bit more clarity in the mid and high frequencies. I would still recommend these as solid speakers if you enjoy bass. They are not as bass heavy as most logitech speakers and the bass on the klipsch is much cleaner.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Nov 4, 2009
244 posts
163 upvotes
Calgary
Picked these up a few weeks ago when they were on sale for this price. Got an additional $9 discount by ordering online for pickup in store. Total was $197.50 after tax.
Dec 28, 2005
456 posts
82 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: I owned these for quite some time and loved them when I was younger. They are a bass heavy which was great back then but for my taste today I like a bit more clarity in the mid and high frequencies. I would still recommend these as solid speakers if you enjoy bass. They are not as bass heavy as most logitech speakers and the bass on the klipsch is much cleaner.
I agree. I've also had these for many years (computer speakers) and they are rock solid. You can also dial in the bass levels if you want to tone it down a bit. After all these years I am very happy with this set. I would consider this an excellent $200 speaker investment.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1437 posts
558 upvotes
JustinZ wrote: wow they still make these?
right? I remember wanting these when i built my first computer back in 2003... They were considered the best 2.1 back then. They probably still are compared to other 'conventional' computer speaker systems. Dunno how they measure up to the edifier book shelf speakers so many people here(myself included) have.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
26538 posts
4849 upvotes
Hamilton
JustinZ wrote: wow they still make these?
bought it 10 years ago.... same price lol
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2111 posts
637 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I thought someone bumped a 10 year old thread. Who still uses ipods?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
4876 posts
2186 upvotes
Vancouver
Are these the best 2.1 computer speakers sub $200? My Logitech Z2300 finally crapped out after 12 years. I noticed these are no longer THX-certified, are they pretty much the same? Used mainly for playing music on my computer and some movies.