Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] Lenco L85 Turntable with USB Direct Recording and Built-in Preamp - Black (L85BK) $58 W/FS, $53 ISPU

[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10206 posts
4384 upvotes
Toronto

[Visions Electronics] Lenco L85 Turntable with USB Direct Recording and Built-in Preamp - Black (L85BK) $58 W/FS, $53 ISPU

Visions has these Lenco L85 Turntables with USB Direct Recording and a built in Pre Amp for $58 with free shipping, or $53 if you order online for in store pick up.
Reviews are pretty decent, and this will let you ease into vinyl on the cheap, encode your vinyl to MP3 or just play it on a regular receiver, or powered speakers.
Black and Grey available.

https://www.visions.ca/Catalogue/Catego ... ku=L85GREY

Last edited by TomRFD on May 15th, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
53 replies
Mar 9, 2009
229 posts
268 upvotes
Winnipeg
As a bit of a vinyl enthusiast, I was just coming by to refute anyone buying these cheap turntables. However, I decided to google it before saying anything, and it looks like I am completely wrong! Unlike a Crosley, this gets very strong reviews across the board for what it is. Looks like the perfect first table for someone that wants to try it out. Great find OP! I encourage others to read up on this rather than just shrug it off at first glance.

Another great review (considering the price) on What Hi Fi. I have a few turntables, but part of me wants to grab this just to try it out.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10206 posts
4384 upvotes
Toronto
Winnipegian wrote: As a bit of a vinyl enthusiast, I was just coming by to refute anyone buying these cheap turntables. However, I decided to google it before saying anything, and it looks like I am completely wrong! Unlike a Crosley, this gets very strong reviews across the board for what it is. Looks like the perfect first table for someone that wants to try it out. Great find OP! I encourage others to read up on this rather than just shrug it off at first glance.

Another great review (considering the price) on What Hi Fi. I have a few turntables, but part of me wants to grab this just to try it out.
Thanks for the comments and review.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Jun 19, 2010
156 posts
6 upvotes
Thanks OP, I’ve been meaning to dabble in vinyl for awhile and this is the baby step I needed.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10206 posts
4384 upvotes
Toronto
dbdudley wrote: I use these with the cheap turntable I have in my office:

https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/5 ... S4-OPENBOX

and

https://www.amazon.ca/Lepy-LP-2020A-Cla ... 339&sr=8-3

for some other budget recommendations to complete a cheap setup. Don't really ever turn it up very loud, but this combo works fine for those on a budget.
Thanks for the complementing Rec's. I think I may have even posted a thread or two for the Omage speakers in the past, hadn't seen the $25 mini amp though.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4773 posts
1307 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote: Thanks for the complementing Rec's. I think I may have even posted a thread or two for the Omage speakers in the past, hadn't seen the $25 mini amp though.
I have been using that Lepy daily to push a couple towers, with a Chromecast attached, does the job perfectly
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4773 posts
1307 upvotes
Only black can be shipped FYI, grey must be ISPU
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10206 posts
4384 upvotes
Toronto
joshmxpx wrote:
I have been using that Lepy daily to push a couple towers, with a Chromecast attached, does the job perfectly
joshmxpx wrote: Only black can be shipped FYI, grey must be ISPU
Thanks for the info, in both cases.
I was thinking about the Lepy and some inexpensive bookshelf speakers to give some punch to an Alexa device in a spare room. Unfortunately I dumped my turntable and all my vintage vinyl about 15 years ago and now am regretting it in hindsight, but too lazy to start from scratch again. Even though this Lenco has me tempted.
Jan 16, 2009
254 posts
145 upvotes
Lethbridge
The Lenco is worth it in my opinion. My dad has long since transferred his massive CD collection to PC, but has a lot of LPs and 45s that have never been transferred. My dad has a Marantz turntable, but would never take the time to make room for it, and had doubts it would work after so many years. I have since fixed his Marantz turntable, and he is using it now, but the Lenco was a good way to get him started and interested again. It also doesn't sound bad, and supposedly can be made to sound quite good for what it is with a simple stylus upgrade.

It does have what should be a nice feature. You can plug in a USB drive, and record to it directly, pushing a button between songs to start new MP3 files for each track. My dad isn't running it that way, A few years prior, my sister and I had bought him a Behringer UFO202 - we dug that up, hooked it up to his computer, and have the Lenco turntable hooked up directly to the Behringer. Audacity has free software, and it works fine for recording MP3s. Now that the Marantz turntable is working correctly, it's hooked up in the Lenco's place - I recommend the Behringer UFO202 as also being a reasonable piece of hardware.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10206 posts
4384 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like both colors of these are now OOS for shipping. ISPU only now. Strangely it is still $5 off, on either, if you order online for pick up first.
That $5 off may disappear tomorrow, when they realize that they are OOS online. Typically those Pick Up Discounts are only valid when the item is available online to ship for free. So it may be the last round for $53. Still lots of in store stock here though.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10206 posts
4384 upvotes
Toronto
idiotcanuck wrote: Looks like both colors of these are now OOS for shipping. ISPU only now. Strangely it is still $5 off, on either, if you order online for pick up first.
That $5 off may disappear tomorrow, when they realize that they are OOS online. Typically those Pick Up Discounts are only valid when the item is available online to ship for free. So it may be the last round for $53. Still lots of in store stock here though.
Looks like both colors are still working for the $5 ISPU discount, even though they are OOS for shipping.