Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] Lenco L85 Turntable with USB Direct Recording and Built-in Preamp - Black (L85BK) $58 W/FS, $53 ISPU

Aug 9, 2016
152 posts
524 upvotes
shwab wrote: Records were great to buy or collect when they were a buck or less, but with unlimited streaming music for under $10 I have no idea why someone would get into them.

The Eagles greatest hits for $20? No thanks.

The artwork that comes with it.
The actual portion of reading the lyrics and singing along with the song.
Maybe it's just me but there is a feeling of unexplainable excitement when you tear up the shrink wrap out of the album
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3045 posts
2841 upvotes
Alberta
Agreed. I love collecting albums for the artwork and contents, especially deluxe/collectors editions. Most also include the digital download codes too.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10221 posts
4410 upvotes
Toronto
Here are a couple of other options at Visions. I wouldn't actually recommend them as direct options against the Lenco, but if you need something portable or standalone.
Innovative Technology Victrola Classic Suitcase Turntable with Bluetooth and Speakers - $57 W/FS or $52 for ISPU
https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/3 ... SC550BTBLK

https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/5 ... SC550BTTRQ

Victrola 4-in-1 Nostalgic Bluetooth Record Player, Radio with 3-Speed Record Turntable - Espresso (VTA250ESP) $68 W/FS $63 ISPU
https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/5 ... =VTA250ESP
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2565 posts
639 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote: Victrola 4-in-1 Nostalgic Bluetooth Record Player, Radio with 3-Speed Record Turntable - Espresso (VTA250ESP) $68 W/FS $63 ISPU
https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/5 ... =VTA250ESP
I use something like this for the radio and the bluetooth playing capabilities. Looks really nice from a decorative perspective, but the turntable is bad.

I agree with you, if you want to listen to records, I would suggest buying something more expensive (or at least the Lenco). Otherwise, the sound won't be any good and it won't be worth investing in records.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
3880 posts
1240 upvotes
Edmonton
shwab wrote: Records were great to buy or collect when they were a buck or less, but with unlimited streaming music for under $10 I have no idea why someone would get into them.

The Eagles greatest hits for $20? No thanks.
People collect all formats of audio for various reasons, Some more cost effective than others. The same person who collects vinyl might say they have no idea why someone would waste money streaming compressed audio.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10221 posts
4410 upvotes
Toronto
dbdudley wrote: I use something like this for the radio and the bluetooth playing capabilities. Looks really nice from a decorative perspective, but the turntable is bad.

I agree with you, if you want to listen to records, I would suggest buying something more expensive (or at least the Lenco). Otherwise, the sound won't be any good and it won't be worth investing in records.
I agree. Spending $$ on expensive vinyl only to chew them up with a poor turntable doesn't make sense really.
On that one above I was thinking that there might be some people who want a radio/BT speaker and to play some old records occasionally or want to copy them once and for all.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10221 posts
4410 upvotes
Toronto
lenco.jpg
lenco1.jpg

I actually gave myself some RFD effect, and got one of these Lenco's, without any clear idea what I am going to do with it, maybe a gift, but I was relieved to see some further details on the box.
Prominently displaying that it has an Audio Technica cartridge, and not some mystery or no name brand some how made me feel more secure about the thing, even though the reviews are good.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2565 posts
639 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote: lenco.jpglenco1.jpg

I actually gave myself some RFD effect, and got one of these Lenco's, without any clear idea what I am going to do with it, maybe a gift, but I was relieved to see some further details on the box.
Prominently displaying that it has an Audio Technica cartridge, and not some mystery or no name brand some how made me feel more secure about the thing, even though the reviews are good.
Let us know when you try it. Still on the fence about this!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10221 posts
4410 upvotes
Toronto
dbdudley wrote: Let us know when you try it. Still on the fence about this!
I am probably not gonna open it before the deal is over Thursday, if at all, so I might not be any help to your decision. I think they do have 30 days return though.
Apr 28, 2011
500 posts
484 upvotes
Brampton
idiotcanuck wrote: lenco.jpglenco1.jpg

Good, if you decide to keep it, please give me a tutorial about how to play the album smoothly, without engaging the auto return mech.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10221 posts
4410 upvotes
Toronto
mrmilktea wrote: Good, if you decide to keep it, please give me a tutorial about how to play the album smoothly, without engaging the auto return mech.
Still not working right for you?
Just curious what happens when you press that reject button on the front?
Apr 28, 2011
500 posts
484 upvotes
Brampton
idiotcanuck wrote: Still not working right for you?
Just curious what happens when you press that reject button on the front?
The turntable plays but I find I'm having a hard time finding a consistent way to get it started smoothly.

I find that in order to simply play any record, you can't just align the stylus on the first track. The auto return mechanism will kick in. You need to place the tone arm all the way to the centre as it seems to bypass the auto return mechanism and then the tone arm become free moving and you can place it anywhere. That's the best way to describe it for now but I think if you get an opportunity to try it, you will understand what I'm talking about.

The reject button works fine.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9261 posts
2754 upvotes
Not that I have ordered this, anyone know if you can still get a vhs and dvd recorder in one to record some old tapes to DVD?

Thanks OP