Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] Lenco L85 Turntable with USB Direct Recording and Built-in Preamp - Black (L85BK) $58 W/FS, $53 ISPU

[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10221 posts
4413 upvotes
Toronto
bobcat99 wrote: Not that I have ordered this, anyone know if you can still get a vhs and dvd recorder in one to record some old tapes to DVD?

Thanks OP
Doesn't sound likely that what you are looking for are still made. Maybe used Kijiji, Ebay, Facebook?
Are these like old personal movies or something?
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9262 posts
2754 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote: Doesn't sound likely that what you are looking for are still made. Maybe used Kijiji, Ebay, Facebook?
Are these like old personal movies or something?
Yeah, personal tapes on vhs (kids growing up, vacations stuff that was initially recorded on camcorders and transferred to VHS)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10221 posts
4413 upvotes
Toronto
mrmilktea wrote: The turntable plays but I find I'm having a hard time finding a consistent way to get it started smoothly.

I find that in order to simply play any record, you can't just align the stylus on the first track. The auto return mechanism will kick in. You need to place the tone arm all the way to the centre as it seems to bypass the auto return mechanism and then the tone arm become free moving and you can place it anywhere. That's the best way to describe it for now but I think if you get an opportunity to try it, you will understand what I'm talking about.

The reject button works fine.
Wish I had enough information to help, but I haven't even seen the manual yet, let alone any hands on testing. So all I can do is throw out some more questions. Do you think your unit is really defective?
What you describe above to get it to work, seems like you are resetting the arm position routine each time, I think? Could that be part of the issue? Or just the only way to get it to work? Maybe Lenco has some Support that could help you determine if what it is doing is "normal" behavior or not.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10221 posts
4413 upvotes
Toronto
bobcat99 wrote: Yeah, personal tapes on vhs (kids growing up, vacations stuff that was initially recorded on camcorders and transferred to VHS)
I get it then.
Maybe you can find two seperate devices easier and just use a composite video/audio cable to connect them for dubbing. Or get/borrow a used VCR and maybe an external video capture card for a computer? That might give you more choices as to the format the files will be in, and how big they will be.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
1018 posts
114 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote: lenco.jpglenco1.jpg

I actually gave myself some RFD effect, and got one of these Lenco's, without any clear idea what I am going to do with it, maybe a gift, but I was relieved to see some further details on the box.
Prominently displaying that it has an Audio Technica cartridge, and not some mystery or no name brand some how made me feel more secure about the thing, even though the reviews are good.
Wow the Audio Technica cartridge alone is $45

https://www.amazon.ca/Audio-Technca-Atn ... 13&sr=8-20
Apr 28, 2011
500 posts
484 upvotes
Brampton
idiotcanuck wrote: Wish I had enough information to help, but I haven't even seen the manual yet, let alone any hands on testing. So all I can do is throw out some more questions. Do you think your unit is really defective?
What you describe above to get it to work, seems like you are resetting the arm position routine each time, I think? Could that be part of the issue? Or just the only way to get it to work? Maybe Lenco has some Support that could help you determine if what it is doing is "normal" behavior or not.
that's what it seems like. I don't think it's defective. Gonna play around with it some more and I'll see how things go.
Jan 14, 2017
477 posts
218 upvotes
I bought this the last time Visions had it on sale around Christmas. The unit I received was defective, after playing 33 and 45s the unit would not spin at consistent RPMs. It would slow down at random then return to normal speed. The replacement unit ended up with the same problem after the first day. YMMV
Mar 6, 2006
681 posts
428 upvotes
GTA
Received my unit recently and immediately found out that the turning speed of the records is too high (about a 10-20% faster rate).
It's not that the rotation speed is wrong as I tried both 33 and 45 modes (45 is much faster).
I remounted the belt as per instructions but it didn't help.
Looks like it's a motor or an electronics issue.
Contacted Visions, let's see how fast they respond.