Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] LG 70" 4K HDR LED Smart TV with ThinQ AI and Voice Assistant Compatibility (70UM6970) $898 9/7 Only

[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10406 posts
4725 upvotes
Toronto

[Visions Electronics] LG 70" 4K HDR LED Smart TV with ThinQ AI and Voice Assistant Compatibility (70UM6970) $898 9/7 Only

Visions has the LG 70" 4K HDR LED Smart TV with ThinQ AI and Voice Assistant Compatibility (70UM6970) for $898 on Saturday Only as a doorcrasher. It is in the flyer. Showing as 400 chainwide. I am assuming in store only, but there could possibly be some online availability.
Comes with Visions 2 year warranty. Their extended warranties are a bit pricey, but they do give you store credit back on them if unused. Maybe they can be negotiated down after purchase.

Likely an IPS panel, so good viewing angles and likely good color reproduction, but not necessarily good black level, great for wide rooms with multiple seating locations, where VA panels are too narrow a viewing angle and bright to moderate rooms. Probably not ideal for those who want to watch in full dark, but it's a new 70" for $900.
LG OS is great for playing video from a network or Hdrives.
(THIS MODEL DOES NOT HAVE AN IPS PANEL)
9/7
ALREADY ACTIVE FOR SALE ONLINE, FOR INSTORE PICK UP, OR FREE SHIPPING. $871.06 IF ORDERED ONLINE FOR ISPU ($26.94 OFF)
Last edited by idiotcanuck on Sep 7th, 2019 4:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Thread Summary
Prime cables have really good mounts for cheap. Just sharing another option for the table top stan stands listed above. This tv is well below the max weight limit so it will work with 70" tv even though it says up to 65" it's well reviewed stand
https://www.primecables.ca/p-357476-uni ... rimecables
480 replies
Jan 9, 2007
789 posts
265 upvotes
Markham
wow, thats a pretty insane price.
my 70" 1080p LED is 4 years old, didn't have any complain, costed $1500.
Now this costs 898.

does anybody know if this has the built in Airplay2
Koodo $60/10gb
Rogers $39.99/150Mbps download/unlimited

if you know of a better deal, please PM me
May 8, 2013
648 posts
590 upvotes
London
i wonder how that 60 day price protection works. buy now, come in on saturday for the discount?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10406 posts
4725 upvotes
Toronto
GodBlessU wrote: wow, thats a pretty insane price.
my 70" 1080p LED is 4 years old, didn't have any complain, costed $1500.
Now this costs 898.

does anybody know if this has the built in Airplay2
I think they are compatible with Airplay 2, for 2019 models.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Mar 23, 2004
42109 posts
8171 upvotes
Markham
idiotcanuck wrote: Likely an IPS panel, so good viewing angles and likely good color reproduction, but not necessarily good black level, great for wide rooms with multiple seating locations, where VA panels are too narrow a viewing angle and bright to moderate rooms. Probably not ideal for those who want to watch in full dark, but it's a new 70" for $900.
LG OS is great for playing video from a network or Hdrives.
Doesnt look like it's IPS for the 70" model:

Images
  • Screenshot_3.png
  • Screenshot_2.png
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10406 posts
4725 upvotes
Toronto
angel_wing0 wrote: Doesnt look like it's IPS for the 70" model:
Thanks. If so, that's probably better for most users. Trading better black level for wider viewing angle.
Last edited by idiotcanuck on Sep 6th, 2019 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 23, 2004
42109 posts
8171 upvotes
Markham
ryansluman wrote: i wonder how that 60 day price protection works. buy now, come in on saturday for the discount?
Wont work:
Exceptions:

If product is being sold during a limited time event, such as any of the following events then Price Protection Guarantee does not apply:
Boxing Day, Boxing Week, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Friends and Family and VIP Sale.
Jan 9, 2007
789 posts
265 upvotes
Markham
idiotcanuck wrote: I think they are compatible with Airplay 2, for 2019 models.
quite confusing, from LG's and Apple's end
LG site: https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-libr ... 1097893431 (doesn't lists UM6X series)
Apple site: https://www.apple.com/ios/home/accessories/#section-tv (lists UM6X series)
I'm going to guess its partial support
Koodo $60/10gb
Rogers $39.99/150Mbps download/unlimited

if you know of a better deal, please PM me
Aug 18, 2019
220 posts
177 upvotes
Got questions here:
1. What's the benefit of IPS and does that mean it's a good thing that 70" is non-IPS? What's the alternative to IPS?
2. Does anyone have any review on this LG 70UM6970? Can't find any review via Google. Anyone bought 1 already?
Thanks.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10406 posts
4725 upvotes
Toronto
liemhoho wrote: Got questions here:
1. What's the benefit of IPS and does that mean it's a good thing that 70" is non-IPS? What's the alternative to IPS?
2. Does anyone have any review on this LG 70UM6970? Can't find any review via Google. Anyone bought 1 already?
Thanks.
VA panels are used for TV's more often, but they have a fairly narrow viewing angle and the color/brightness begins to fade as you move further off center. They generally have better black levels though, so if you are going to sit close to center, they will likely have deeper blacks and therefore better contrast. Less important if you are mostly sitting in a bright room anyway, though IMO.
It seems like this model is really new, so it may be hard to find reviews. Maybe in the US?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2359 posts
787 upvotes
Damn RFD...I will need to buy a new bigger car today so I can go pick this TV up on Saturday.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
16200 posts
17698 upvotes
So folks, here's how this will work.

A 70" VA is so large, that viewing angles tend to be less of a problem. That said, a bright room would've benefited more from a nice cost effective IPS.

For the price, you can't go wrong though.
Sep 5, 2019
1 posts
2 upvotes
Visions has been good to me on previous purchases. I do wonder how many units they will be carrying as door crashers at this price point.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)