Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] LG 70" 4K HDR LED Smart TV with ThinQ AI and Voice Assistant Compatibility (70UM6970) $898 In Store

[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10583 posts
5045 upvotes
Toronto

[Visions Electronics] LG 70" 4K HDR LED Smart TV with ThinQ AI and Voice Assistant Compatibility (70UM6970) $898 In Store

52134_l_1.jpg

It's Back.

Visions has the LG 70UM6970 70" Smart 4K LED back at $898 again. 2 year warranty. This time no free shipping, unfortunately, it's $215 shipped here!, but can be bought instore or online for ISPU.
As in the previous thread this size has a VA panel, not an IPS panel. So likely narrower viewing angles and better black level than comments/reviews.
Last edited by idiotcanuck on Oct 11th, 2019 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
42 replies
May 27, 2008
8 posts
11 upvotes
Ottawa
After Visions told me Sameday delivery would contact me to organize a pickup time/date of the broken TV, Sameday just decided to come unannounced.

It's been a week now, Visions still hasn't contacted me about a replacement TV.

Just my anecdotal opinion, but I would definitely discourage anyone buying (larger and more expensive) products from this company because of poor communication and customer service.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1891 posts
2787 upvotes
Well 215$ shipping just kills this deal.
Cheers, KH
Feb 25, 2018
7 posts
8 upvotes
Visions has great prices but by far the worst customer service in the industry. They are very sloppy with follow ups and almost never call you back. The sales people are on commission but dont really care because it structured so they only make money unless they are selling hi end products without discount. Anything on the flyer won't make them money so don't expect them to care or have good customer service. And the extended warranty a gimmick by the time you try to process the claim and the resolve it you be lucky to have any hair left on your head after wanting to pull it out just waiting for waiting on them to do their job properly and get back to you.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1891 posts
2787 upvotes
blackstaffer wrote: Just rent a small truck from home depot for an hour for like $25. https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/tool-a ... l-faq.html
I understand most people think Toronto is the centre of the universe and everyone lives there... but it's not always the case Smiling Face With Sunglasses
IE- Google "Canada" and click on MAP... its a big country!

PS- Put the Habs back on HNIC!
Last edited by KravenHead on Oct 11th, 2019 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1503 posts
5359 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
I can comment on this tv as I purchased it last time for this price with free shipping. Great tv. Put it up in the basement and it has excellent picture and sound. For the price I don't think you will find better. I gor the magic remote or whatever it's called as well and it has worked great. Would recommend it.
What's in your wallet?
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
2215 posts
1197 upvotes
SW ON
blackstaffer wrote: Just rent a small truck from home depot for an hour for like $25. https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/tool-a ... l-faq.html
KravenHead wrote: I understand most people think Toronto is the centre of the universe and everyone lives there... but it's not always the case Smiling Face With Sunglasses
IE- Google "Canada" and click on MAP... its a big country!

PS- Put the Habs back on HNIC!
I don't understand your response. Click on the "Participating Locations" link on the Home Depot web page provided and you will indeed see that Canada is a big country. I am not from Toronto.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1891 posts
2787 upvotes
FOr those living outside the centre of the universe... Both Leons.ca and Thebrick.com carry the 70UM6970 and have a price-match policy.
Personally I'd rather wait until Black Friday then get a headache.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1891 posts
2787 upvotes
alpovs wrote: I don't understand your response. Click on the "Participating Locations" link on the Home Depot web page provided and you will indeed see that Canada is a big country. I am not from Toronto.
Am guessing Blackstaffer thought I was on the foot-mobile and lived nearby hence his HomeDepot suggestion.

For entertainment purposes:

First 90 minutes Home Depot rental 24.95$ (Again not everyone lives in, near, close by Toronto).
Daily rental: 99$
Gas Tank size: 115 L
Current price of gas: 1.20.9$
Distance 1 way: 550km

Assuming I can get 10KM per liter...

Total: 252$ which does not include any insurance I might be obligated to buy and more importantly 12 hours of my life.

Cheers, KH
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10583 posts
5045 upvotes
Toronto
KravenHead wrote: FOr those living outside the centre of the universe... Both Leons.ca and Thebrick.com carry the 70UM6970 and have a price-match policy.
Personally I'd rather wait until Black Friday then get a headache.
Thanks. Good to have alternatives.
One concern about those PM's is the usually really bad return exchange policy at most furniture stores. Best to check first.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
2215 posts
1197 upvotes
SW ON
KravenHead wrote: Am guessing Blackstaffer thought I was on the foot-mobile and lived nearby hence his HomeDepot suggestion.

First 90 minutes Home Depot rental 24.95$ (Again not everyone lives in, near, close by Toronto).

Total: 252$ which does not include any insurance I might be obligated to buy and more importantly 12 hours of my life.

Cheers, KH
I still don't get it. You think Visions is only in Toronto? Here is the list of their stores:
British Columbia
Lower Mainland
Kamloops
Kelowna
Prince George
Victoria

Alberta
Calgary
Airdrie
Edmonton
Grande Prairie
Lethbridge
Medicine Hat
Okotoks
Red Deer
Sherwood Park
St. Albert

Saskatchewan
Regina
Saskatoon

Manitoba
Winnipeg

Ontario
Brampton
Burlington
Hamilton
Kitchener
London
Mississauga
Scarborough
Vaughan
Whitby

And Home Depot is more or less omnipresent.
Banned
Feb 20, 2007
3042 posts
1315 upvotes
KravenHead wrote: Am guessing Blackstaffer thought I was on the foot-mobile and lived nearby hence his HomeDepot suggestion.

Cheers, KH
Why are you complaining when someone posts a deal? Maybe you should move to the GTA cause not everyone lives in the boonies where you live.
Dec 2, 2010
315 posts
352 upvotes
Terrace
If you guys are close enough to a Visions then I can guarantee there is a truck rental place other than HD not too far away. Yes, if you live in rural Canada 300 KM from the nearest city this might be a bad deal but for the majority of Canadians that live in range of a metropolitan area that has a visions this is a great deal.
May 21, 2019
88 posts
25 upvotes
London
Looking for a 75 or 80 inch this holiday!

How are the viewing angles on this TV?
Dec 22, 2018
33 posts
107 upvotes
I've been thinking about this TV, but Visions staff really put me off buying anything from them. I went in store last weekend and it was the slimiest sales experience I've had in years.
Mar 3, 2017
51 posts
27 upvotes
Calgary
Trying to decide whether to get this, a 6 series TCL 65", or wait for black friday. The TCL is well reviewed and available at my Costco, but 5" smaller diagonally. BF might present a better opportunity too