Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Visions Electronics

LG B2 65" OLED + Klipsch soundbar and sub $1898

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2022 5:03 pm
15 replies
May 3, 2010
734 posts
414 upvotes
Not really a good deal considering B2 was 1599 on BF at visions.
May 3, 2010
734 posts
414 upvotes
jetertmac wrote: The B2 OLED is pretty much the same thing as the C1.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare ... shold=0.10
Except:
- it has the a7 processor instead of the a9 that was on later production C1s
- doesn't have the Evo panel that the later production C1s had.
- Also is a tad thicker than the C1
- only has 2 hdmi 2.1 ports one of which is ARK so realistically you're only left with one 2.1 port. Not ideal if you have 2 gaming consoles.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
2959 posts
3220 upvotes
Surrey
GameChannel wrote: Except:
- only has 2 hdmi 2.1 ports one of which is ARK so realistically you're only left with one 2.1 port. Not ideal if you have 2 gaming consoles.
If the B2 were available at a cheaper price (like $1100 or so for the 55”) than it would make sense for some to purchase it over the C2
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16090 posts
7712 upvotes
London
The only real advantage is the additional 2.1 ports if you don't have an AVR

in terms of actual picture quality there will be basically no difference between this and a G2, let alone a c2
May 3, 2010
734 posts
414 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: The only real advantage is the additional 2.1 ports if you don't have an AVR

in terms of actual picture quality there will be basically no difference between this and a G2, let alone a c2
I think the EVO panel adds value albeit a casual observer may not see the difference.
Nov 2, 2010
251 posts
42 upvotes
Ontario
GameChannel wrote: Not really a good deal considering B2 was 1599 on BF at visions.
I was in store on BF and the cost was listed at $1799. They did offer it for $1670 but it wasn’t a posted price. If it was posted for $1599 please share the link. TIA.
Thanks Philer.
May 3, 2010
734 posts
414 upvotes
Philer wrote: I was in store on BF and the cost was listed at $1799. They did offer it for $1670 but it wasn’t a posted price. If it was posted for $1599 please share the link. TIA.
It was the in-store price at the Woodbridge store.
Nov 2, 2010
251 posts
42 upvotes
Ontario
GameChannel wrote: It was the in-store price at the Woodbridge store.
LOL, that is store I was at…Good to know they were willing to go lower than $1670 that they originally offered me. Thanks
Thanks Philer.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1432 posts
1300 upvotes
ON
Both you and @jetertmac are correct.

From a movie watcher's perspective (i.e. me) it does not matter that you cannot connect two consoles to the B2. If you need two consoles though (PCMR here he he), sure, get a C1/C2.
The processor is also not relevant, who is using the WebOS? Just get an Amazon stick.

The fact that it's a bit thicker it's not very relevant also. Very few people have a limited space depth wise where to mount a TV, where not even an inch difference would matter.
About the panel, the link in @jetertmac's post shows that it performs on par with the C1. All the reviews for the Evo panel I have seen does not seem to indicate it's a much better one, just a bit brighter. Also, the B2 is a bit brighter overall than the "standard" C1, so they are probably even from a practical perspective.

I would be very happy with a B2, except one thing: the price. LG priced it way too close to the C1/C2. For 2-3 hundred bucks less, not sure I would go with a B2...
Aug 21, 2005
490 posts
437 upvotes
North York, ON
Viper98 wrote: The only real advantage is the additional 2.1 ports if you don't have an AVR

I would say that even if you do have an AVR, if it's an "older" one that doesn't have HDMI 2.1 then you'd want to plug devices with 2.1 directly into the TV, and if you have more than one and want to use the AVR's audio (through ARC) then you're out of luck and will need to swap cables.
Plus the newer A9 processor will be better for image processing as well as snappier UI, especially as updates to WebOS and apps make the interface heavier.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1120 posts
779 upvotes
RaidZero wrote: Both you and @jetertmac are correct.

From a movie watcher's perspective (i.e. me) it does not matter that you cannot connect two consoles to the B2. If you need two consoles though (PCMR here he he), sure, get a C1/C2.
The processor is also not relevant, who is using the WebOS? Just get an Amazon stick.

The fact that it's a bit thicker it's not very relevant also. Very few people have a limited space depth wise where to mount a TV, where not even an inch difference would matter.
About the panel, the link in @jetertmac's post shows that it performs on par with the C1. All the reviews for the Evo panel I have seen does not seem to indicate it's a much better one, just a bit brighter. Also, the B2 is a bit brighter overall than the "standard" C1, so they are probably even from a practical perspective.

I would be very happy with a B2, except one thing: the price. LG priced it way too close to the C1/C2. For 2-3 hundred bucks less, not sure I would go with a B2...
Speak for yourself. I personally find WebOS very solid and the native apps perform much better than on my Firestick Max. To each their own.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1432 posts
1300 upvotes
ON
colavs19 wrote: Speak for yourself. I personally find WebOS very solid and the native apps perform much better than on my Firestick Max. To each their own.
Good for you. A couple of years ago when I looked at it, it was a mess. Glad they sorted it out. I will still stick with my, ahem, Firestick. It's enough Amazon pushes ads on me, don't need LG to do it as well.
May 3, 2010
734 posts
414 upvotes
RaidZero wrote: Good for you. A couple of years ago when I looked at it, it was a mess. Glad they sorted it out. I will still stick with my, ahem, Firestick. It's enough Amazon pushes ads on me, don't need LG to do it as well.
I'm a big fan of WebOS. Best TV OS in my opinion.
Nov 28, 2022
27 posts
9 upvotes
I was at Visions in Scarborough, the sales rep offered $1569 or 1599 for the 65 B2.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)