Expired Hot Deals

Visions Electronics

LG LAC7 3.1.2 Channel 380 Watt Dolby Atmos Sound Bar plus free LG Wireless Earbuds. $ 498.00

[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3650 posts
882 upvotes
GTA North

[Visions Electronics] LG LAC7 3.1.2 Channel 380 Watt Dolby Atmos Sound Bar plus free LG Wireless Earbuds. $ 498.00

I think this is a decent deal you're in the market for a 3.1 soundbar expandable to 3.1.2. PLUS it comes with a free set of LG TONE Free True Wireless Earbuds with Meridian Audio Technology and Charging Case - Black (HBSFN4) regular price of $ 130 most places on sale currently.

This is the Canadian version and equivalent to LG SN7Y in the US LG SN7Y .

Review. <<<<=======

I bought a Sony X900H 65 TV and wanted a new soundbar with Dolby Atmos. I'm sure a true 5.1 surround sound with Atmos would be better but I'm limited on time, space, budget, $500 max before taxes. I did pick up the Sony HT-X9000F 2.1 ch Dolby Atmos Soundbar but I decided to not open it as I wanted the centre channel.

It was down to the Sony HT-G700 or this and they're both pretty much on sale at the same price. The precious and ratings were similar. Sony has eARC whereas this has Arc. Both supported Dolby Atmos and DTS-X which I wanted.

The sound is decent, the Atmos was limiting but had some height to it which I expected but it sounded a lot better than the Vizio 2.0 soundbar that I previously had. The bar and subwoofer can really fill a room.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
7 replies
Jun 7, 2016
56 posts
20 upvotes
Good find and deal. It’s so close but alas no eARC support with this one.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2196 posts
628 upvotes
I've been researching the advantages of eARC. I have an x900F. What exactly are the benefits here?
Nov 9, 2013
128 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
Raimond wrote: I've been researching the advantages of eARC. I have an x900F. What exactly are the benefits here?
Same question if anyone can give some advice
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3650 posts
882 upvotes
GTA North
HenryK046 wrote: Same question if anyone can give some advice
I still have the X9000f from Costco in my house unopened.

From my understanding and what I've read this summarizes it. ".....There are two types of Atmos implementations. Lossy and Lossless.

Lossy is Dolby Digital+ with Atmos on top, the things you get over Netflix for example, and this type can be sent over ARC.

Lossless is Dolby TrueHD with Atmos on top, the things most 4K Blu-Rays (and probably your files on your HDD), and this type cannot be sent over ARC because of limitations of ARC protocol itself...."

The main difference is LG has the center channel whereas the x9000f does not. The Sony has eArc via a firmware update you have do yourself. The LG has Arc and there's no indication whether it will get eArc. The LG can be expanded to 5.1 if you were to buy the back speakers the Sony cannot.

The LG has upfiring speakers, none of the Sony's have it. The price difference is 150 bucks but LG gives you the wireless earbuds which is valued currently at about $ 85.00. I choose upfiring speakers and the center Channel for the difference in money.

In the end it depends on your budget and your expectations in a sound bar.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2011
1138 posts
224 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Raimond wrote: I've been researching the advantages of eARC. I have an x900F. What exactly are the benefits here?
EARC allows your TV to be the HUB for all audio devices, so less wires/clutter.
EARC can pass lossless audio, so proper ATMOS/DTS X via Blu ray.

Nyd
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1887 posts
377 upvotes
Halifax
Even though I bought the Sony x900h back about a month ago from Bestbuy, I was able to get extra 100 bucks off the Sony HT-G700 so came to $400. Just need to figure out how to update firmware.
RIP E3 30% off pre order games 2011-2019 :twisted:
Jun 7, 2016
56 posts
20 upvotes
So if I won’t be watching blu-Ray and only stream eARC doesn’t matter? What about console gaming? Will eARC make a big difference there? It’s just a small room so not a big theatre room or anything.