Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] LG SJ3 2.1 Channel 300W Sound Bar /w Wireless Subwoofer $178

[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1076 posts
645 upvotes
Canada

[Visions Electronics] LG SJ3 2.1 Channel 300W Sound Bar /w Wireless Subwoofer $178

13 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1487 posts
579 upvotes
No HDMI... Might be a deal breaker for a lot of people.(doesnt have atmos anyway, but for the simplicity of UI control its pretty important)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1076 posts
645 upvotes
Canada
Scott86 wrote: No HDMI... Might be a deal breaker for a lot of people.(doesnt have atmos anyway, but for the simplicity of UI control its pretty important)
Ya, no HDMI sucks for those who need it, but I don't think no ATMOS is a big problem. ATMOS on soundbars is pretty crap anyways. It does have DTS Digital Surround and Dolby Digital though.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2878 posts
3851 upvotes
BC
Better off getting the Vizio 5.1 at Costco for $199
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1076 posts
645 upvotes
Canada
peakingduck wrote: Better off getting the Vizio 5.1 at Costco for $199
That vizio soundbar is plagued with problems. Just do some research on it. I was looking into it but with the quality control and shit firmwares that break your soundbar to the thing shutting down every 30 minutes it might not be worth it. I haven't used this LG one, but the price and power of speakers + bigger sub makes it seem appealing even if it's lacking the inputs and features.

https://www.reddit.com/r/VIZIO_Official ... r=on&t=all
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2878 posts
3851 upvotes
BC
Flames wrote: That vizio soundbar is plagued with problems. Just do some research on it. I was looking into it but with the quality control and shit firmwares that break your soundbar to the thing shutting down every 30 minutes it might not be worth it. I haven't used this LG one, but the price and power of speakers + bigger sub makes it seem appealing even if it's lacking the inputs and features.

I'm aware of the problems, owned a set myself before returning it. Going to pick another one up this weekend, my last one was manuf. in 2017 so hopefully they sorted out the issues. Hard to beat @ $200
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5689 posts
2261 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
Flames wrote: That vizio soundbar is plagued with problems. Just do some research on it. I was looking into it but with the quality control and shit firmwares that break your soundbar to the thing shutting down every 30 minutes it might not be worth it. I haven't used this LG one, but the price and power of speakers + bigger sub makes it seem appealing even if it's lacking the inputs and features.

peakingduck wrote: I'm aware of the problems, owned a set myself before returning it. Going to pick another one up this weekend, my last one was manuf. in 2017 so hopefully they sorted out the issues. Hard to beat @ $200
For what it's worth, I have a Vizio 2.1 unit that I purchased in early June this year. No issues so far. You can always turn off the "eco" mode so it stays on all the time even after turning the TV off.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2009
2769 posts
412 upvotes
Scott86 wrote: No HDMI... Might be a deal breaker for a lot of people.(doesnt have atmos anyway, but for the simplicity of UI control its pretty important)
What makes HDMI better than optical for the UI? Debating on this vs the Vizio 5.1 for an LG TV.
Jun 8, 2010
221 posts
80 upvotes
Calgary
I am in the similar situation. Looking for sound bar for my 65" B8 Oled. The sound on the LG tv is very decent but lacks bass.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2009
2769 posts
412 upvotes
nevermind999 wrote: I am in the similar situation. Looking for sound bar for my 65" B8 Oled. The sound on the LG tv is very decent but lacks bass.
LG SL4 is on sale for $200 at Best Buy which has an HDMI connection. Think I'm going to pull the trigger on that as the 'sale' ends today. Can always return.
Feb 4, 2018
116 posts
88 upvotes
Been using this soundbar with a C7 for a while now, and I am very happy with it. The sub is powerful enough and provides the much needed bass for movies, TV shows, and music. LG Sound Sync works great and I've never felt that audio was out of sync. I've never really felt the need for an HDMI input as I just use the TV's optical out and plug it into the soundbar.

Also, the soundbar wakes up automatically if you connect via bluetooth from your mobile device, which is a nice little convenience.

The design is pretty low profile, and it sits comfortably in front of the TV without blocking the screen, and looks pretty neat paired with the TV too. I'd definitely recommend this for use with LG TVs.
Dec 25, 2012
931 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto
blzn wrote: LG SL4 is on sale for $200 at Best Buy which has an HDMI connection. Think I'm going to pull the trigger on that as the 'sale' ends today. Can always return.
Is the only difference between this and the sl4 the hdmi?
JS
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2009
2769 posts
412 upvotes
James Stonehenge wrote: Is the only difference between this and the sl4 the hdmi?
From some quick googling all I can tell is the SL4 is a 2019 model (SJ3 is 2018 I believe). Personally, I also think the SL4 looks a bit sleeker.

Actually I was wrong, there is no HDMI my mistake.
Last edited by blzn on Aug 29th, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1076 posts
645 upvotes
Canada
blzn wrote: LG SL4 is on sale for $200 at Best Buy which has an HDMI connection. Think I'm going to pull the trigger on that as the 'sale' ends today. Can always return.
Sl4 doesn't have an HDMI connections.

https://www.lg.com/ca_en/sound-bars/lg-SL4#

Even bestbuy listing said no HDMI. I can't figure out what the major differences are other than some "bass+" which sounds like an EQ.