Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Visions Electronics

Linksys MAX-STREAM Mesh Wi-Fi 6 AX1800 Router - $99 + FREE Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2021 11:12 am
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17018 posts
4806 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
IceCreamGee wrote: Opensource was promised and hhheeeavvvilly marketed by Linksys but they withheld their marvel drivers from the community despite promises. Was the most expensive router on the market and had extremely poor wireless coverage despite it's price. 2.4ghz was an absolute joke on this router. It constantly required restarts and couldn't even set up a network printer via their USB interface. Led lights at the front eventually dimmed to 5% visibility. Was never able to diagnose the router through visual queues.

Wrt1900ac had multiple generations. I hope you're referring to gen 1
Yes, WRT1900AC v1 was my device of choice for 5+ years, and had never required any reboots on stock firmware. The aftermarket performance was less than ideal for me, (specially to your point, the wireless bandwidth). On stock, I reguarly achieved 500mbps+ on my devices and had coverage outdoors as well, across 3 stories, backyard etc.

2.4ghz performance is heavily dependent upon neighbourhood congestion as well.

My experience and yours seems to be in contrast, and I actually had the device for number of years, and then sold it on kijiji in a day! Ended up getting linksys velop, which has been rock solid for me in terms of performance, and coverage. It runs on OpenWRT in the background as well, and offers advanced options that typically arent seen in consumer mesh devices.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2006
1195 posts
1069 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: Yes, WRT1900AC v1 was my device of choice for 5+ years, and had never required any reboots on stock firmware. The aftermarket performance was less than ideal for me, (specially to your point, the wireless bandwidth). On stock, I reguarly achieved 500mbps+ on my devices and had coverage outdoors as well, across 3 stories, backyard etc.

2.4ghz performance is heavily dependent upon neighbourhood congestion as well.

My experience and yours seems to be in contrast, and I actually had the device for number of years, and then sold it on kijiji in a day! Ended up getting linksys velop, which has been rock solid for me in terms of performance, and coverage. It runs on OpenWRT in the background as well, and offers advanced options that typically arent seen in consumer mesh devices.
To each their own, I could only speak of my experience. I've switched into prosumer products and haven't looked back. Cheaper than what I paid for the Linksys in 2014, night and day performance.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)