Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Visions Electronics

MSI 24" G Series FHD 1080P 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor (OPTIXG24C) $198

Jan 24, 2010
479 posts
433 upvotes
Hamilton

[Visions Electronics] MSI 24" G Series FHD 1080P 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor (OPTIXG24C) $198

MSI 24" G Series FHD 1080P 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor (OPTIXG24C)

Looks like a good pick up. Usually retails for $300 range.
It seems to check off all the right points 144hz, 1ms, Freesync plus its Curved.
Only thing it lacks is a IPS display, its a VA display instead.

Specs

Curved Gaming
View more of your game with the 1800R curve rate that is perfect for gamers to play their games.
144Hz High Refresh Rate
Experience smooth gaming with a blazing fast 144Hz refresh rate, that gives you the upperhand in fast moving games.
1ms Fast Response Time
Eliminate screen tearing.
85% NTSC
Game colors and details will look more realistic and refined, to push game immersion to its limits.
110% sRGB
Get the most vivid and detailed colors with sRGB 110%.
FreeSync technology
AMD FreeSync® will prevend screen tearing or stuttering, producing ultra-smooth and lag-free gameplay.
Anti-Flicker technology
MSI Anti-Flicker technology provides a very comfortable viewing experience by reducing the amount of screen flicker.
MSI Optix G24C 24" Curved Gaming Monitor Highlights:
23.6" LCD panel LED Backlight (1920 x 1080 Full HD)
144Hz Refresh Rate - Display without after image.
1800R curve panel design – Most suitable for human eye.
1ms response time helps eliminate screen tearing and choppy frame rates.
True Color- NTSC 85%, sRGB 110%.
Wide View Angle - 178° Visible.
Optimized with MSI Gaming VGA – Make sure you have best experience.
Adaptive sync - keep screen tearing away from your monitor.
Images
  • 43100_l_1.jpg
  • 43100_l_2.jpg
  • 43100_l_3.jpg
  • 43100_l_4.jpg
Last edited by mkm999 on Nov 5th, 2019 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
19 replies
Nov 20, 2017
502 posts
748 upvotes
mkm999 wrote: Can you guys share thoughts on whether this is a good buy for a Gaming PC?
It seems to check off all the right points 144hz, 1ms, Freesync plus its Curved.
Only thing it lacks is a IPS display, its a VA display instead.
The IPS vs VA/TN display battle is a little overhyped, imho.

Yes, in theory, a well-calibrated IPS display will have better viewing angles and have the potential to be a better image than VA/TN, but most well-calibrated monitors with good specs will present a nice image (and the reviews seem to imply that this monitor is indeed capable of presenting a nice image).

I would buy one if I wasn't looking for exactly all of these things but at 27"+... Nice post OP.

Chris9446 wrote: Doesn't seem to have a VESA mount?
Seems to be a growing community around that problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comme ... ix_mag24c/

From one post, there are standoff screws included *with* the monitor that allow you to convert it to being VESA compatible without purchasing an adapter.
Aug 19, 2012
126 posts
118 upvotes
Blainville, QC
There's VESA mount but 75x75 so make sure your arm is compatible.
Nov 28, 2007
560 posts
248 upvotes
Etobicoke
Dang, this seems like a pretty good deal.

Anyone have any experience shopping at Visions Electronics? There's one not too far from me, will pop by after work.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3886 posts
1527 upvotes
Canada
tokihamai wrote: Dang, this seems like a pretty good deal.

Anyone have any experience shopping at Visions Electronics? There's one not too far from me, will pop by after work.
Prolly the best electronics store out in the west. You can negotiate prices on bigger ticketed items
Sep 9, 2007
828 posts
206 upvotes
Surrey
Thanks OP. Ordered two for the office.
Feb 20, 2018
150 posts
181 upvotes
Calgary
I have the 27" version of this. Honestly happy with it, very good bang for your buck. Have had some issues getting the g-sync to work on my 1070 but that could be lack of effort on my end as well. Would recommend this to anyone!
Mar 5, 2013
496 posts
704 upvotes
Kitchener
There is also a mail-in rebate for this monitor, for $20. Go to msi.rebateaccess.com and enter the promotion number 90259
Nov 28, 2007
560 posts
248 upvotes
Etobicoke
badsha wrote: Prolly the best electronics store out in the west. You can negotiate prices on bigger ticketed items
Sweet! Thanks for the info!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6906 posts
3331 upvotes
Canada
badsha wrote: Prolly the best electronics store out in the west. You can negotiate prices on bigger ticketed items
If you like entering stores with vultures and wolves ready to pounce and be accused of stealing out of their newborns mouths when you try to make a return ... sure ... then yes, the best.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1525 posts
259 upvotes
Peterborough
I switched from a IPS 27 inch to a Gaming VA [panel and only miss it when I edit Photos and Video athe colour loks off on my new gaming VA panel where my ISP looked great .
Jan 24, 2010
479 posts
433 upvotes
Hamilton
I was able to Price Match @ Canada Computers for $194.99 ($220 after taxes).

Plus I submitted for the $20 rebate so essential saving the tax top.

I was debating myself weather to wait till Black Friday but after the rebate promo,

I think this the best it’s gonna get at least for this monitor.
Oct 20, 2013
205 posts
104 upvotes
This would've been the perfect monitor if it wasn't a VA panel. I'd rather get a TN panel than VA. All I hear about it are the ghosting issues they have and it's not good if you're gaming.
Nov 28, 2007
560 posts
248 upvotes
Etobicoke
I was also able to price match and grab it from Canada computers on Nov 7th. The supervisor there did everything to try and prevent me from doing it. Tried to convince me it was a different model and then was questioning whether Vision's Electronics was even Canadian. In the end got it for $194.99.

Pretty happy with it so far. Using my old BenQ gaming monitor as my 2nd screen.