Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] NAD Viso HP50 Over Ear Headphones - $98 ($93 ispu)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2019 1:18 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
6355 posts
3113 upvotes
Canada

[Visions Electronics] NAD Viso HP50 Over Ear Headphones - $98 ($93 ispu)

These get very good reviews.

$98 for White.
Additional $5 discount if you pick up in store

https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/4 ... ISOHP50WHT

@warpdrive are they an upgrade from dt770?
Last edited by RFDQ1016 on Jun 10th, 2019 2:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Public Mobile and Koodo customer
13 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1069 posts
632 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
Great headphones, crappy wire.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
12113 posts
3086 upvotes
Ottawa
I love mine....they have a good middle of the road sound signature for general music listening. Strong and very deep bass, good mids and smooth but just clear enough treble without excessive sibilance, pretty close to the idea sound signature for me,

However, I wouldn't say they are an upgrade from a DT770 in a few ways:
- build quality: the NAD is lacking a bit...they are just plasticky headphones
- comfort: the earcups are too small to be comfortable. I can wear them for about an hour. With the Beyers I've had, they were comfortable for at least 2 hours.
- If like you the bright treble of the DT770, the NAD will sound a bit dull.
- soundstage feels a bit small.

For this price, they are winners. I find they work well with a lot of types of music and that's why I keep using them. I paid $200 for mine and even then I didn't think I overpaid.

Paul Barton designed these and his goal was to make them sound like his speakers....I'd say if you are a fan of PSB speakers (and I am), you will like these headphones
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2002
1832 posts
313 upvotes
I have these headphones - this is a great price for them.

I have a fairly large headphone collection - about 10 - including popular ones like Senn 650s, Senn 598s, AT M50s, Vmoda M100s, etc.

These are near the top of my favourite ones - they are very neutral which I really like. Just the right amount of bass, and not too bright.

Downsides: a bit too tight clamping force, ear cups are slightly undersized, and headband has kind of a weird shape - a little too square visually for my liking.

Overall though, I think this is a great deal for a solid set of cans.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
2457 posts
1053 upvotes
Pothole city
I don't think you could any better for 100$. The look is a bit weird but sound quality is really good . I also own M30x and M50x.
Got mine for airmiles a couple year ago. 1100 I think.
Mar 17, 2018
385 posts
498 upvotes
Just a question since you have them. Heck, anyone can answer if they'd like.

The reason I never pulled the pin on these were because I thought these were meant only for iPhones. Can they be used on Android phones as well?
Yes, I'd like to price match RedFlagDeals please - Ken Adams
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1107 posts
210 upvotes
Halifax
KenAdams wrote:
Jun 7th, 2019 11:10 pm
Just a question since you have them. Heck, anyone can answer if they'd like.

The reason I never pulled the pin on these were because I thought these were meant only for iPhones. Can they be used on Android phones as well?
Yes. You just won't have a cable that allows external controls, you'll need to use your source to control volume, skip tracks etc.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
8133 posts
526 upvotes
Broke my pair in less than a year. Small caps. Tight clamping force. Very uncomfortable to wear.
Heatware: 36-0-0
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1798 posts
610 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I grabbed these last time they were on sale for $100 bucks and I have probably used them a total of 3 times in the past 6 months maybe longer. The sound is great, but the fit is really odd on my head. If you have a chance to try them on first I would highly suggest that. I've been trying to sell my pair since I stopped using them at a 25% loss.... no bites.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3846 posts
604 upvotes
Windsor
Got a pair free with Air Miles. Great sound, horrible fit, ergonomically horrible. Don't use them very often because they are so uncomfortable.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
6355 posts
3113 upvotes
Canada
Deal ends today!!!
Public Mobile and Koodo customer
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
2775 posts
474 upvotes
BC
A decent pair of high value and low price headphones. My only gripe is their durability. My ear pads are falling apart after 1.5 years of light use. Getting replacement pads are almost impossible as they’re discontinued.