• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2019 10:08 pm
[OP]
Dec 16, 2010
752 posts
640 upvotes
Canada

[Visions Electronics] Panasonic 4K Ultra HD Camcorder HCWXF991K Open Box $798

For those of us that are looking for a camcorder instead of using a cell phone/DLSR, the Panasonic HCW-XF991K is a real bargain. It is getting a little long in the tooth and like all camcorders, it has it's share of issues, but for this price with an original manufacturers warranty, it seems like a great deal.

I've looked at several reviews and comparisons and this seems to be great value for what you get at this price. I have an older Panasonic HDC-TM700 and this would be a significant upgrade to get the 4K HDR. I was looking at the Sony FDR-AX53 but the auto focusing issues and higher price tag made me go toward this Panasonic. It is an open box but I've never had an issue with open box items at Visions. If there is an issue, I just return it to them.

Here is a review that was a useful site when I bought the TM700: https://www.videomaker.com/article/r02a ... 91k-review

I appreciate that a camcorder is definitely not something that a lot of people want to lug around, especially with fantastic cell phone and DSLR options, however for the category, this should fit the bill.

Cheers
2 replies
Dec 28, 2005
469 posts
92 upvotes
Thanks OP...I store only for me.