• Jan 4th, 2020 10:30 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
9986 posts
4100 upvotes
Toronto

[Visions Electronics] Proscan 43" 4K UHD LED TV (PLED4342UHD) $198

Visions has this Proscan 43" 4K UHD LED TV (PLED4342UHD) for $178 in the BD flyer. No smart features, and no free shipping, but it will be available in store Thursday.
It might be worthwhile, if lag is OK, for someone who wants a cheap 4K gaming display, for a spare TV, or someone using a PC, Roku, Fire Stick, Android Box, for media anyway.
There is not a lot of info available, so it is kind of take a shot and see if it works out.

1/3
Price increased to $198 until 2/9
Available online with shipping charge, but there could still be a few available instore.
Last edited by idiotcanuck on Jan 3rd, 2020 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
64 replies
Jan 10, 2019
15 posts
14 upvotes
Calgary
What do you mean by "if lag is OK"?

I was wondering about picking up one of these to replace an 11 year old 40" Toshiba that has a bunch of stuck pixels. Is a bottom-of-the-pile model like this likely to be better than any 11 year old model? The same? Or are there ways that it could be worse?
Nov 13, 2011
20 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Can this be used as a computer monitor for work (not gaming)?
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
3703 posts
4536 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
hohoho321 wrote: Can this be used as a computer monitor for work (not gaming)?
Probably not. There aren't any reviews and it does not say it can do 444 chroma
Dec 17, 2019
11 posts
19 upvotes
What about this brand? Is it worth buying it?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
9986 posts
4100 upvotes
Toronto
bdstephe wrote: What do you mean by "if lag is OK"?

I was wondering about picking up one of these to replace an 11 year old 40" Toshiba that has a bunch of stuck pixels. Is a bottom-of-the-pile model like this likely to be better than any 11 year old model? The same? Or are there ways that it could be worse?
I meant lag in the context of gaming. If there is too much input lag, it can affect the TV's usage for gaming. Unfortunately there isn't much info on these Proscans. Both. You could find there are
things about this TV that are a revelation and there might be things that it doesn't do as well. You wont really know until you try. Depends on your previous TV and how this Proscan is.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Mar 8, 2017
69 posts
74 upvotes
Ottawa
I wouldn't. Unless it's a TV with low input lag, you would likely see a noticeable delay even when trying to move your mouse.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12848 posts
13585 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: Probably not. There aren't any reviews and it does not say it can do 444 chroma
shimdachef wrote: I wouldn't. Unless it's a TV with low input lag, you would likely see a noticeable delay even when trying to move your mouse.
Very unlikely to hold up as a monitor, and I'm more forgiving than many when it comes to TV-Monitors.

Speaking of a forgiving time of year, I'm hoping @aasoror sees his gift from yours truly, I stepped into sacred TV hardware discussions with him, and ruffled a few feathers.

Merry Christmas, gents.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
9986 posts
4100 upvotes
Toronto
Gommes wrote: https://www.costco.ca/hisense-43-in.-4k ... 84613.html

Is it worth buying this one? Please comment..
As you will probably see in some of the threads, I am a fan of these TV's as budget options for general use. They generally have decent picture quality, good sound, and the Roku OS is simple and functional, IMO. Not sure about monitor usage though. Also as with most budget LED TVs you might need to exchange it to get a decent unit though.
If you are looking at these and are not fixed on 43" the 50" is not much more at $299 in store.
Dec 17, 2019
11 posts
19 upvotes
Thanks for the answer. I'm looking for a small livingroom, and not interested in using it as a monitor. 50'' or more will be too big for me. Good sound quality is important cos I don't wanna spend extra bucks later. Which one is better according to you? Buying plain proscan 4k without smart features and then paying extra for either fire stick/Roku... Or buying Hisense with smart features..
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9427 posts
2307 upvotes
Scarberia
wow, dirt cheap 4k! hot if its good monitor usage... can't buy online and pickup free instore? how much is shipping and fees? prolly kills the deal
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
9986 posts
4100 upvotes
Toronto
Gommes wrote: Thanks for the answer. I'm looking for a small livingroom, and not interested in using it as a monitor. 50'' or more will be too big for me. Good sound quality is important cos I don't wanna spend extra bucks later. Which one is better according to you? Buying plain proscan 4k without smart features and then paying extra for either fire stick/Roku... Or buying Hisense with smart features..
The Proscan is really an unknown quantity, it could turn out to be a good deal at that price or it could have some serious deficiencies. If you can still get one, can transport one easily and are near a Visions store, it might be worth a try. If not, the Hisense is a good choice for $269 at Costco, or less if there is an instore offer for BD. They have been cleared at some stores at $199 at times in the past. You can also get one shipped for $269 from Costco with the $20 Email Signup promo code, and the 5 year warranty extension is only $30.
Sep 19, 2015
25 posts
10 upvotes
Edmonton
I just picked this up a few minutes ago. Relatively easy process - no extended warranties or anything like that were pushed on me unlike years prior. If you have an American Express or similar card, they offer purchase protection against accidental damage for 90 days and extend the manufacturers warranty up to 2 years. I’ve used them before with an out of warranty Apple device and they are great.
Jan 10, 2019
15 posts
14 upvotes
Calgary
I picked one up this morning. Picture quality seems good, especially considering the price. The sound quality is mediocre at best, though that seems to be common for most TVs now (my 11-year-old Toshiba definitely sounded better). I'm happy considering it was less than $200 out the door, but I might pick up a sound bar to go with it sometime in the coming weeks.