Expired Hot Deals

Visions Electronics

Proscan 82" 4K UHD Smart LED TV (PLED8220) for $1098.. Includes free shipping!

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 10th, 2021 5:05 pm
[OP]
Member
Oct 29, 2017
408 posts
265 upvotes

[Visions Electronics] Proscan 82" 4K UHD Smart LED TV (PLED8220) for $1098.. Includes free shipping!

So for the Superbowl of tv's this year for Christmas, we have the Proscan 82" 4k PLED8220 for $1098 from Visions... Squaring off against the RCA 82" 4K UHD Smart TV Frameless, RNSMU8220 for $998+75 shipping from Walmart... Which one will you choose for your gigantic stocking stuffer to put an end to this miserable year??
14 replies
Sr. Member
Mar 9, 2009
561 posts
589 upvotes
I had the 65 and its actually a great TV for sports...anything bright looks really good. Dark scenes not so much
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1779 posts
2184 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Why would you take this over the Walmart RCA? That's a $100 cheaper and a slightly better known brand.
Sr. Member
Nov 12, 2009
565 posts
647 upvotes
Bigboy16 wrote: Why would you take this over the Walmart RCA? That's a $100 cheaper and a slightly better known brand.
They are most likely the same and probably use the same board.
[OP]
Member
Oct 29, 2017
408 posts
265 upvotes
crow13 wrote: They are most likely the same and probably use the same board.
how do you know this?
Sr. Member
Sep 2, 2003
904 posts
236 upvotes
GTA
Price shows $1498, price correction please.
[OP]
Member
Oct 29, 2017
408 posts
265 upvotes
sonspot wrote: Price shows $1498, price correction please.
It was $1098... I guess this thread is now worthless.. RCA remains KING!
Sr. Member
Nov 12, 2009
565 posts
647 upvotes
smoothbutter wrote: how do you know this?
I have a proscan and rca branded tvs and they both have the same software. They also both use the same codes to get in the service menu. And it looks like they are both under the same parent company Technicolor which probably explains the similarity.

If you were to buy an 82" TV, probably better to go with Proscan at Visions... at least here in Edmonton, they have local repair shops that does warranty repairs...walmart on the other hand most likely do not have one.
[OP]
Member
Oct 29, 2017
408 posts
265 upvotes
crow13 wrote: I have a proscan and rca branded tvs and they both have the same software. They also both use the same codes to get in the service menu. And it looks like they are both under the same parent company Technicolor which probably explains the similarity.

If you were to buy an 82" TV, probably better to go with Proscan at Visions... at least here in Edmonton, they have local repair shops that does warranty repairs...walmart on the other hand most likely do not have one.
Cool to know. How long have you had both tv's? Any issues? How is the contrast and black levels? What size are they?
Sr. Member
Nov 12, 2009
565 posts
647 upvotes
smoothbutter wrote: Cool to know. How long have you had both tv's? Any issues? How is the contrast and black levels? What size are they?
5+ yrs on 55" proscan and 2 yrs on 32" rca. No issues at all other than I had forcedly killed the backlight board on the proscan right before the 5yr warranty expired but visions' local repair centre quickly replaced the part. Black levels and contrast would be the least of concern when buying these cheap branded tvs but for me it is good enough.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 17, 2003
7636 posts
672 upvotes
Vancouver
dino7c wrote: I had the 65 and its actually a great TV for sports...anything bright looks really good. Dark scenes not so much
The Pro scan could surprise. We had a Pro Scan 27" CRT way back in the day, it actually was very good. No clue who makes them today but it is only $1098 for 82", that's nuts. I personally wouldn't touch either it or the RCA 82" I would pay more for better. You do get what you pay for to a degree I believe.

For some it may be a real deal...
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
Member
Apr 19, 2020
392 posts
537 upvotes
langley
If u want but and cheap maybe would be ok for my kids room or garage but no thanks for movies or any thing
Newbie
Feb 19, 2009
1 posts
BC
We have had 6 65 inches throughout our office and they had been great.

Just picked up the 82 too. Hooking it up to an Apple TV. Any suggestions on home theatre speaker systems?

I understand RCA and Proscan are affiliated:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ProScan
Sr. Member
Mar 21, 2012
611 posts
561 upvotes
Edmonton
Anyone have any idea if this TV supports HDR? i've had issues were my media devices play an HDR file to an SDR tv and it ends up horribly dark. I just want to avoid that.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)