Expired Hot Deals

Visions Electronics

Samsung 7.1.2 Channel Soundbar System with Bluetooth and Dolby Atmos (HWQ900T) $998

[OP]
Nov 18, 2006
139 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto

[Visions Electronics] Samsung 7.1.2 Channel Soundbar System with Bluetooth and Dolby Atmos (HWQ900T) $998

I'm using it with an Xbox Series X to get Dolby Atmos & DTS:X

Samsung HW-Q900T Soundbar Review
https://www.rtings.com/soundbar/reviews ... g/hw-q900t
28 replies
Nov 12, 2014
335 posts
266 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Newbie trying to get a soundbar - any reviews / comments on this one? I have a LG 4K TV and recently purchased series X!
Nov 12, 2007
172 posts
46 upvotes
Victoria, BC
mikev333 wrote: I'm using it with an Xbox Series X to get Dolby Atmos & DTS:X
waste of $1000 if you think you're actually going to have any sort of positive Dolby Atmos experience from a soundbar. Do it properly, and use properly positioned passive speakers, a receiver, and a good powered sub or two. Build over time if you can't buy it all at once.
Mar 27, 2003
481 posts
152 upvotes
The fact that this does not have the rears included, but is "ready to accept them," and runs $1K+ tax, is silly. I have the Samsung N950 (with rear upfires), and you should be able to easily get it or the current model for $1100+tax, with some haggle capability. (I got it from Visions, all in, for even less.) I find the N950 underwhelming, and as many will say, a separate receiver with still discrete fronts+rears+sub will provide for better sound, separation, etc. There are competitor's soundbars that will offer most of this sound experience experience (without the seemingly costly and overhyped Atmos), for half the cost. Even the linked review states surrounds and height/dimension is poor, which severely dampens most of the features and reason to buy this, at this price.
Nov 24, 2017
240 posts
164 upvotes
Mississauga
snootz wrote: waste of $1000 if you think you're actually going to have any sort of positive Dolby Atmos experience from a soundbar. Do it properly, and use properly positioned passive speakers, a receiver, and a good powered sub or two. Build over time if you can't buy it all at once.
Why do all threads have a similar comment? Yes, people can buy a receiver and passive speakers, but maybe they don't want a massive receiver in their living room. Me for example, I have a 7.2.2 setup in my basement and I can hide my receiver in a media room. But in my living room, I prefer a soundbar. Is the Dolby Atmos as good? Definitely not! But it's better than other soundbars. This soundbar, I would not get because I prefer to have rear-firing wireless speakers as well.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3649 posts
882 upvotes
GTA North
AnshumanB876667 wrote: Why do all threads have a similar comment? Yes, people can buy a receiver and passive speakers, but maybe they don't want a massive receiver in their living room. Me for example, I have a 7.2.2 setup in my basement and I can hide my receiver in a media room. But in my living room, I prefer a soundbar. Is the Dolby Atmos as good? Definitely not! But it's better than other soundbars. This soundbar, I would not get because I prefer to have rear-firing wireless speakers as well.
Agreed, I don't want to be bothered with all the wiring ,positioning plus I have no space for that. My tinkering days are somewhat in the past and I just want something straightforward and I don't care that it's simulated but I do care that it's a thousand bucks which I wouldn't pay.

Looking for something Atmos and willing to wait, between $ 500 - 700 with up firing speakers unlike the Sony ones I was originally eying.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Jan 4, 2010
53 posts
49 upvotes
Edmonton
Rear speakers appear to be another $250 and don't include the upwards firing woofers so I'm not sure about this one.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1124 posts
1131 upvotes
Toronto
Q950T which is this plus included rear surrounds is listed at 1600 everywhere for BF .. reckon if you go to vision can knock off a couple hundred more? Seems like a better deal for those looking

It seems like there's some annoying reliability issues with this year's Samsung soundbars. But really social media seems to have a huge bias towards Sonos fwiw.

Mar 10, 2005
375 posts
99 upvotes
snootz wrote: waste of $1000 if you think you're actually going to have any sort of positive Dolby Atmos experience from a soundbar. Do it properly, and use properly positioned passive speakers, a receiver, and a good powered sub or two. Build over time if you can't buy it all at once.
Hi, can you link me to a Dolby Atmos 7.1.2 system for 1000$? Thanks
Be aware
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7009 posts
4978 upvotes
So tired of the soundbar vs full system arguments.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
3140 posts
6186 upvotes
Franek wrote: Hi, can you link me to a Dolby Atmos 7.1.2 system for 1000$? Thanks
That's easy, actually. There are *a ton* of low cost but decent and even good speakers that would fit this bill (5.1.2 and even 7.1.2 with good BF sales) along with a good receiver deal. Speakers like the Pioneer SP-BS22A-LR when in stock, etc and a good deal on Gibby's B-Stock when in stock, etc. $800 and lower and it gets more difficult but $1,000 is relatively easy if you spend the time and effort.

That's not to say a soundbar doesn't have its place... simply that $1,000 could indeed get you a better sounding Atmos setup if you had the room and desire.
Nov 24, 2017
240 posts
164 upvotes
Mississauga
Goose12345 wrote: Q950T which is this plus included rear surrounds is listed at 1600 everywhere for BF .. reckon if you go to vision can knock off a couple hundred more? Seems like a better deal for those looking

It seems like there's some annoying reliability issues with this year's Samsung soundbars. But really social media seems to have a huge bias towards Sonos fwiw.

I got it for $1398 a few weeks ago from VIsions!
Nov 24, 2017
240 posts
164 upvotes
Mississauga
Franek wrote: Hi, can you link me to a Dolby Atmos 7.1.2 system for 1000$? Thanks
Elrondolio wrote: That's easy, actually. There are *a ton* of low cost but decent and even good speakers that would fit this bill (5.1.2 and even 7.1.2 with good BF sales) along with a good receiver deal. Speakers like the Pioneer SP-BS22A-LR when in stock, etc and a good deal on Gibby's B-Stock when in stock, etc. $800 and lower and it gets more difficult but $1,000 is relatively easy if you spend the time and effort.

That's not to say a soundbar doesn't have its place... simply that $1,000 could indeed get you a better sounding Atmos setup if you had the room and desire.
I built my 7.2.2 a few years ago and by buying either B-Stock or scrounging used on Kijiji, I got everything set up for under $1500.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
3140 posts
6186 upvotes
AnshumanB876667 wrote: I built my 7.2.2 a few years ago and by buying either B-Stock or scrounging used on Kijiji, I got everything set up for under $1500.
Yeah, $1,500 opens up a lot more options and, if willing to look on the used market, you could setup a pretty great system. But even at lower prices you could setup a decent 5.1.4 for $700+ if you put in a little effort. Something like the Monoprice Premium 5.1.4 would get you most of the way there, but again, there are a plethora of options out there.

Just to stress: soundbar's are not inherently bad options (as some would profess) as they have their place for the space, wire or significant other constrained. But there is no question you can build a seperates system that would sound better for less than a lot of these high priced soundbars.
[OP]
Nov 18, 2006
139 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
I have limited space so floor standing and bookshelf speakers will not work.
Sep 27, 2015
110 posts
264 upvotes
Ya know I get that a soundbar works better for some ppl, but how on EARTH do you get 7.1.2 atmos surround sound from just a soundbar???
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1496 posts
2496 upvotes
Complete system $2000
You can NEVER go wrong with Denon and Klipsch. Spend the $1000 and put the rest on a payment plan.

But if you want to build slow and add every year, this goes on sale around black friday for just under $1000 - Denon 9.2 Channel 4K Ultra HD AV Home Theatre Receiver with Voice Assistant Compatibility (AVRX3600H)

I've been building slowly over 3 years. Just need to upgrade my center channel and surround speakers.
$52 20GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan
$50 15GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Rogers BYE BYE ROGERS!
$22.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.