Canada

[Visions Electronics] Samsung 82" 4K Crystal UHD HDR Smart TV - $1,598

Hey Guys,

Here's a pretty "big" TV deal.

4k Check
HDR Check
Smart Check
82 INCHES UNDER $2K! Check
Last edited by UnicornDeals on Jun 7th, 2021 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
Thread Summary
Not the specs you're looking for? Check out RFD Reviews' list of the best 4K HDR Smart TVs!
81 replies
Jul 10, 2020
158 posts
189 upvotes
Can get same mode/price in Costco. Other than that this is an amazing deal for this size
RFD is hurting my wallet, too many good deals, my investing blog
Aug 19, 2011
86 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
Bonus 2 Year Warranty, in for 1. Thanked!
Apr 17, 2009
476 posts
83 upvotes
It seems to be native 60hz, so not the best for a ps5 I believe.
Last edited by Toule on Jun 13th, 2021 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2004
1149 posts
540 upvotes
LookingForStuffNow wrote: Can get same mode/price in Costco. Other than that this is an amazing deal for this size
just saw it on the costco site - wondering whether it may be even cheaper in warehouse
she may be payin for dinner, but i'll be earnin it later!
Nov 12, 2018
85 posts
443 upvotes
aquaman123 wrote: motion rate seems to be 120, so I assume its 120hz?
https://www.samsung.com/ca/tvs/uhd-4k-t ... u7000fxzc/

OP not for me but regardless, thumbs up for cheesy pun
this is the way
Samsung's Motion Rate isn't the same as native refresh rate. It's a fake marketing term and should be halved anytime you see it. This TV is 60hz.

See article: https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/fake-re ... -trumotion
Oct 18, 2010
303 posts
128 upvotes
This is not a good TV. It is however HUGE and the price is decent for the size.

If you just wanted something for the kids or arent going to watch anything you really care about, or really just need a giant TV, this will do.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2217 posts
1793 upvotes
BC
Petey1013 wrote: This is not a good TV. It is however HUGE and the price is decent for the size.

If you just wanted something for the kids or arent going to watch anything you really care about, or really just need a giant TV, this will do.
You're a great parent to get this for your kids!
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1571 posts
957 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Petey1013 wrote: If you just wanted something for the kids or arent going to watch anything you really care about, or really just need a giant TV, this will do.
An 82 inch 4k HDR smart tv for the kids...
Times sure have changed since I was a kid.
Mar 21, 2005
145 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
With short throw laser projectors coming down in price, does anyone have a good reason to go with a large TV instead of a decent projector. I know brightness is an issue but it seems to be well mitigated with short throw laser and if still not good enough, an ambient light rejecting screen gets you very close to good quality image even in fairly bright room. For most other use cases, like home theatre room or a room where you can easily close blinds, etc. I don't see any good reason in buying a huge TV for a price where good projectors can be had. But I would love to hear some opinions for those who are considering buying this instead.
Aug 21, 2016
368 posts
596 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I would not buy a samsung, I brought the RU8000, 82" from Costco in Dec 2019, for <$2k, My unit came with a crack, rtings team too got a tv with the same crack: https://i.rtings.com/assets/pages/ySew9 ... -large.jpg but Samsung won't acknowledge that and is essentially out of warranty since day one.

Avoid Samsung at all costs.
RFD Effect Is Real
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
19308 posts
22287 upvotes
Petey1013 wrote: This is not a good TV. It is however HUGE and the price is decent for the size.

I own a 43" TU7000 I briefly used as a monitor, it's a comfortable cozy TV. Good for average TV and Sports watching. Nothing stellar, no deep blacks, colors were decent.

Getting this for $1600 at 82" is tremendous.
Dec 27, 2018
50 posts
51 upvotes
For the size, its a good price.
I would say its enough for netflix/youtube.

But remember that the spec is outdate,
and I always believe that TV shouldn't advertise HDR without FALD, and the peak brightness on this model is also very poor.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1571 posts
957 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
lagonis wrote: With short throw laser projectors coming down in price, does anyone have a good reason to go with a large TV instead of a decent projector. I know brightness is an issue but it seems to be well mitigated with short throw laser and if still not good enough, an ambient light rejecting screen gets you very close to good quality image even in fairly bright room. For most other use cases, like home theatre room or a room where you can easily close blinds, etc. I don't see any good reason in buying a huge TV for a price where good projectors can be had. But I would love to hear some opinions for those who are considering buying this instead.
I have a projector in my living room. It is practically unwatchable during a bright day.
Feb 14, 2017
84 posts
45 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
lagonis wrote: With short throw laser projectors coming down in price, does anyone have a good reason to go with a large TV instead of a decent projector. I know brightness is an issue but it seems to be well mitigated with short throw laser and if still not good enough, an ambient light rejecting screen gets you very close to good quality image even in fairly bright room. For most other use cases, like home theatre room or a room where you can easily close blinds, etc. I don't see any good reason in buying a huge TV for a price where good projectors can be had. But I would love to hear some opinions for those who are considering buying this instead.
a high end tv beats out a high end projector in every category except screen size. If you want to go big, then you only have a projector. If you want the best picture, then you get a tv.
I have a projector for my home theater, but use a tv in my living room for most things.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1884 posts
900 upvotes
Home
muffin4life wrote:
You're a great parent to get this for your kids!
Great parents buy expensive unnecessary things for their kids??