117 posts
31 upvotes
A really good deal. Thanks for sharing!
Jun 8, 2007
801 posts
191 upvotes
Oshawa
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07MCRZPSW/ref ... zFbK8J4A2V

Amazon choice. $35 for 3, so a little under $12 each. Works great. I am on my second 3 pack.

We have iron bacteria in the water. Our whole house system does not remove it without the addition of a second carbon filter or a chlorine or peroxide injector. We could also put in a drinking water system under the sink.

Or I spend my $12 on my fridge filter which works great at removing taste and odor. They last close to a year before I notice the pressure dropping and I swap it out.

I see very little risk in using these.

Just my 2 cents
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
1346 posts
372 upvotes
Brampton
Bedpan wrote: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07MCRZPSW/ref ... zFbK8J4A2V

Amazon choice. $35 for 3, so a little under $12 each. Works great. I am on my second 3 pack.

We have iron bacteria in the water. Our whole house system does not remove it without the addition of a second carbon filter or a chlorine or peroxide injector. We could also put in a drinking water system under the sink.

Or I spend my $12 on my fridge filter which works great at removing taste and odor. They last close to a year before I notice the pressure dropping and I swap it out.

I see very little risk in using these.

Just my 2 cents
Samsung OEM filter confirm to NSF/ANSI 42, 53 and 401. You can see what the standards cover here
Above Belvita covers NSF/ANSI 42&372 CERTIFICATION which is only taste and Lead. See standard 372 here

Thus the price difference. Cheap is not always the best especially when it is something you are putting in your body. Just my opinion
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1422 posts
422 upvotes
Lewiejames wrote: If the fridge lasts long enough to buy a second filter, Samsung refrigerators are rubbish!
Ya mine died after three years, same with Samsung dishwasher. I also got off brand filters that worked fine for around $12-$15 each on Amazon.
Last edited by jg123 on Sep 20th, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 6, 2017
124 posts
173 upvotes
Lewiejames wrote: If the fridge lasts long enough to buy a second filter, Samsung refrigerators are rubbish!
Yes, especially the crappy ice maker. If you like ice, get a LG. My in-law has an LG and has NEVER had a problem with the ice maker and we got them at about the same time.

I was checking in stores and they still make them with the flawed design.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1422 posts
422 upvotes
stwan001 wrote: Yes, especially the crappy ice maker. If you like ice, get a LG. My in-law has an LG and has NEVER had a problem with the ice maker and we got them at about the same time.

I was checking in stores and they still make them with the flawed design.
No joke, the ice maker in the Samsung was a disaster and it was a known problem, wish I did not purchase on price alone - what a mistake. We also have an LG now and the ice maker is inside but it is a million times better.
Apr 3, 2007
631 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
Is this price watchable at best buy?

I have a gift card I want to unload.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1893 posts
1803 upvotes
Only if I can find where the damn filter is on my Samsung fridge.... it's not side the fridge...
May 25, 2009
658 posts
240 upvotes
Dreamrider wrote: Only if I can find where the damn filter is on my Samsung fridge.... it's not side the fridge...
Mine is right in between the vegetable drawers. Make sure to turn off the water supply before you take them out
May 25, 2009
658 posts
240 upvotes
Pm at hone depot today and used $10 newsletter coupon. The staff had to get some more from overstock. Said they have been selling quite a few past few days.

Great price for Samsung brand filters. I know its a little more than some third party ones but I don't mind spending a little more on something I drink daily.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1631 posts
726 upvotes
Laval
Don't buy too many...you will probably end up needing a replacement fridge before you run through the filters Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
[OP]
Jul 13, 2020
37 posts
36 upvotes
yonoid wrote: Pm at hone depot today and used $10 newsletter coupon. The staff had to get some more from overstock. Said they have been selling quite a few past few days.

Great price for Samsung brand filters. I know its a little more than some third party ones but I don't mind spending a little more on something I drink daily.
The newsletter code you generated, was it $10 off $100 or were you able to still get $5 off $50?
May 25, 2009
658 posts
240 upvotes
Awongy wrote: The newsletter code you generated, was it $10 off $100 or were you able to still get $5 off $50?
10 off 100. Which is fine because I bought a few
Nov 23, 2019
4 posts
2 upvotes
RFD without question has at times caused me to buy things maybe I don’t really need (like the blender bottle, most recently) but this was one of the magical finds that saved me $. My LG filter just ran out and needed replacing and was shocked its replacement was almost $60. I looked at off brand ones but the points raised in this string made me stick with the original brand and with this link I got it PM at Lowe’s for under $35. So thanks OP and those that posted in reply!
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
4052 posts
1310 upvotes
WFH
yonoid wrote: Mine is right in between the vegetable drawers. Make sure to turn off the water supply before you take them out
It has a valve in there to bypass the filter when it's removed. Wait a minute, this is Samsung so it probably doesn't work properly.