• Aug 4th, 2020 3:30 pm
[OP]
Mar 22, 2006
172 posts
63 upvotes
Ontario

[Visions Electronics] Samsung soundbar HW-Q90r $1,498

Hi guys,

The Samsung soundbar HW-Q90r dropped another $200. This has been "on sale" at $1,698 recently.
I don't believe this is the lowest price ever but a good price nonetheless.

This sale is probably in anticipation of the release of their new model hw-q950t.
26 replies
Mar 10, 2018
126 posts
118 upvotes
When it works, it works really well. If you run into software issues, it will frustrate the heck out of you.

I have one, had 1 major frustration in the past: (1) TV-ARC won't work suddenly and tried everything and by fluke it got working again.

On various forums many expressed software issue, wifi connection too close to the router... Etc.

Just make sure you know what you are getting into before buying.

Else, q90r sounds amazing for movies/tv.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2007
1047 posts
422 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
estel_mm wrote: Hi guys,

The Samsung soundbar HW-Q90r dropped another $200. This has been "on sale" at $1,698 recently.
I don't believe this is the lowest price ever but a good price nonetheless.

This sale is probably in anticipation of the release of their new model hw-q950t.
This is going to come out as a better product than the Q900T with the release of the 950. I will try to get it for less at visions. They had been willing to go down to $1398 with warranty included but that was also with a TV purchase at the time. Might try this weekend or next.
Bobby Dee.
RFD Proud since 07.
Dec 13, 2008
457 posts
204 upvotes
Agreed.

I have this soundbar and I love it..... when it works.

I've been having issues with the "adaptive sound" changing on me during random Anime (Naruto) scenes. Its very frustrating and annoying to have your volume low, be able to hear the dialogue clearly, then have it switch to high volume. If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know!!

As for connectivity issues (search online), I have had none that many people have had. I believe if your soundbar is up to date, you'll have a better experience with it.
LeslieC4444 wrote: When it works, it works really well. If you run into software issues, it will frustrate the heck out of you.

I have one, had 1 major frustration in the past: (1) TV-ARC won't work suddenly and tried everything and by fluke it got working again.

On various forums many expressed software issue, wifi connection too close to the router... Etc.

I'm just here for the deals....
Nov 10, 2003
212 posts
111 upvotes
New Westminster
LeslieC4444 wrote: When it works, it works really well. If you run into software issues, it will frustrate the heck out of you.

I got it for 998.... had so many dam issues I returned it. Software is horrible. No fix could make stable. Several times had it working nicely and works randomly just stop.

Almost always after not using it then turning on it wouldn’t work right.

Had it connected to amazon working... Same issues. Had to delete and reinstall constantly.

Performance it sounded good. Was remarkably loud. I actually thought it was too loud. The lower volume controls didn’t have enough precision to find a comfortable level; too loud or too quiet. Top end was so loud nobody would want to listen to it unless outside. Could have easily fine tuned their volume selection better.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2007
1047 posts
422 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
abridges wrote: I got it for 998.... had so many dam issues I returned it. Software is horrible. No fix could make stable. Several times had it working nicely and works randomly just stop.

Almost always after not using it then turning on it wouldn’t work right.

Had it connected to amazon working... Same issues. Had to delete and reinstall constantly.

Performance it sounded good. Was remarkably loud. I actually thought it was too loud. The lower volume controls didn’t have enough precision to find a comfortable level; too loud or too quiet. Top end was so loud nobody would want to listen to it unless outside. Could have easily fine tuned their volume selection better.
Visions at that price? Or somewhere else...
Bobby Dee.
RFD Proud since 07.
Mar 10, 2018
126 posts
118 upvotes
Just make sure you go in with an understanding you might need to returning it and you'll be fine...

At this price range where you aim to look for top end Atmos [soundbar] , there aren't much "best alternative" available if you consider price and quality.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2007
1047 posts
422 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
Grabbed last one in London for $1100 plus $190 for the 5 years warranty. Will install in a week and see how it sounds.
Bobby Dee.
RFD Proud since 07.
Feb 14, 2011
743 posts
501 upvotes
Canada
Had the 80R which is the same but without rears, I too, returned it. Way too many issues.
Dec 17, 2018
7 posts
14 upvotes
I got HW-Q90R from Amazon for $1700, and it should ship today. I'm prepared to fiddle around with any issues and do returns if necessary, but I feel more confident doing that with Amazon, as opposed to Visions. Didn't read the best things about returns and exchanges with Visions.
Nov 10, 2003
212 posts
111 upvotes
New Westminster
jello_bob wrote: Visions at that price? Or somewhere else...
Visions at an at cost deal. Wasn't worth it at that even
Nov 10, 2003
212 posts
111 upvotes
New Westminster
andromorr wrote: I got HW-Q90R from Amazon for $1700, and it should ship today. I'm prepared to fiddle around with any issues and do returns if necessary, but I feel more confident doing that with Amazon, as opposed to Visions. Didn't read the best things about returns and exchanges with Visions.
I had zero issues returning after having it for 2-3 weeks and not able to solve the problems.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
6015 posts
2737 upvotes
Durham
$1500 for a soundbar. Mind as well spend the money and get a receiver and those 5.1 HTIB speakers. Gosh.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3356 posts
572 upvotes
Don't be nosey
GrandAdmiralThrawn wrote: people really buy these?
Since I live in a condo, yes.

I’ve had no issues with the soundbar..eARC and Atmos works great! Only complaint is subwoofer is not bass heavy at lower volumes. Anyone else agree?
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Deal Addict
May 4, 2005
2649 posts
208 upvotes
I never had an issue with mine and it is updated to the latest firmware
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1055 posts
399 upvotes
Great sound quality, works great with my C9, never had any issues.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)