Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] Sharp 55" 4K UHD Smart LED TV with Voice Assistant Compatibility (LC55N7004U) $398 W/FS, $386 ISPU

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
9247 posts
3273 upvotes
Toronto

[Visions Electronics] Sharp 55" 4K UHD Smart LED TV with Voice Assistant Compatibility (LC55N7004U) $398 W/FS, $386 ISPU

Another <$400 budget TV deal. Visions has this Sharp LC55N7004U 55" 4K Smart for $398 with free shipping this week, and if you order online for ISPU $12 off, so $386. Sharps are made and sold by Hisense.
This seems to have it's own stand alone smart features as opposed to a Chromecast or Roku, but it does seem to be able to play media, add apps, and apparently it has a web browser.
Visions offers a second year of warranty free, if you sign up for their newsletter, and their extended warranties cost translates into store credit, if not used. If interested in one of these, I would try to negotiate the EW price down to near Costco level. Costco carries similar Hisense models.
22 replies
Aug 24, 2011
956 posts
326 upvotes
MTL/TO
I run an airbnb in Montreal and my 60 inch panny plasma st60 that I bought on a pricing error in 2010 or so thanks to RFD it turning off and on randomly.

Do guests really need something better than this?

I'd prefer a 65 inch for guests appeal purposes..but that's prbly a waste of money.

I'd feel safer buying something at Costco... But this is tempting. Thanks OP..I'll wait for more comments on this.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
9247 posts
3273 upvotes
Toronto
joshua18 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 9:01 am
I run an airbnb in Montreal and my 60 inch panny plasma st60 that I bought on a pricing error in 2010 or so thanks to RFD it turning off and on randomly.

Do guests really need something better than this?

I'd prefer a 65 inch for guests appeal purposes..but that's prbly a waste of money.

I'd feel safer buying something at Costco... But this is tempting. Thanks OP..I'll wait for more comments on this.
I think you are probably right, I doubt random guests will be micro assessing picture quality.
There is a larger Costco option, currently, that you could look at too, especially if you can't get Visions to agree to a reasonable extended warranty price, and you would like a little larger screen.
The Hisense 58R6109 Roku is selling at $499 in most Costco stores here ATM. So you would get three more inches and can still add the extra 3 year warranty for $30.
https://www.costco.ca/Hisense-58-in.-4K ... 93902.html
Aug 24, 2011
956 posts
326 upvotes
MTL/TO
idiotcanuck wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 9:23 am
I think you are probably right, I doubt random guests will be micro assessing picture quality.
There is a larger Costco option, currently, that you could look at too, especially if you can't get Visions to agree to a reasonable extended warranty price, and you would like a little larger screen.
The Hisense 58R6109 Roku is selling at $499 in most Costco stores here ATM. So you would get three more inches and can still add the extra 3 year warranty for $30.
https://www.costco.ca/Hisense-58-in.-4K ... 93902.html

Wow you read my mind.. was just about to post this!

Its showing 529$ online.. and extended warranty i think is 59$.

Amazon has the deal on tcl 55 inch..$440 with 4 yr extended warranty at 61$.

https://www.amazon.ca/TCL-55S425-CA-Ult ... B07DXRQHRJ
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
9247 posts
3273 upvotes
Toronto
joshua18 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 9:32 am
Wow you read my mind.. was just about to post this!

Its showing 529$ online.. and extended warranty i think is 59$.

Amazon has the deal on tcl 55 inch..$440 with 4 yr extended warranty at 61$.

https://www.amazon.ca/TCL-55S425-CA-Ult ... B07DXRQHRJ
Yep if you get the Hisense 58 in store you save $30 shipping and $30 of warranty because it is under $500
Costco has the TCL 55" at $439 also with $30 warranty in most stores. They had it online shipped for the same amount until a week ago. It could re-appear online though.
I actually got one of the Hisense 55" last week when they were $399 shipped with $30 warranty from Costco. Still assessing and adjusting it, but first impressions are pretty good for a budget TV.
Aug 24, 2011
956 posts
326 upvotes
MTL/TO
idiotcanuck wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 9:46 am
Yep if you get the Hisense 58 in store you save $30 shipping and $30 of warranty because it is under $500
Costco has the TCL 55" at $439 also with $30 warranty in most stores. They had it online shipped for the same amount until a week ago. It could re-appear online though.
I actually got one of the Hisense 55" last week when they were $399 shipped with $30 warranty from Costco. Still assessing and adjusting it, but first impressions are pretty good for a budget TV.
Now I have to decide between the 58 highsense or the 55 tcl for 70$ / 3 inches difference..

What's your reco?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
9247 posts
3273 upvotes
Toronto
joshua18 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 10:55 am
Now I have to decide between the 58 highsense or the 55 tcl for 70$ / 3 inches difference..

What's your reco?
Hard to say. Depends on how you value those three inches, the money, and what the room lighting is like. Although I would say that $70 might be a good trade-off, if you want that wow moment from guests as they walk in. Comparatively I would guess that the Hisense R6 might be a little bit brighter than the TCL 4 series, but the TCL likely has a bit faster response time so maybe a bit less trailing on fast moving objects. There isn't detailed info about the Hisense R6109 though so I am just guessing. The good thing about Costco, well one of them, is that you have those three months to change your mind and return or get a price correction, most times.
Aug 24, 2011
956 posts
326 upvotes
MTL/TO
idiotcanuck wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 11:55 am
Hard to say. Depends on how you value those three inches, the money, and what the room lighting is like. Although I would say that $70 might be a good trade-off, if you want that wow moment from guests as they walk in. Comparatively I would guess that the Hisense R6 might be a little bit brighter than the TCL 4 series, but the TCL likely has a bit faster response time so maybe a bit less trailing on fast moving objects. There isn't detailed info about the Hisense R6109 though so I am just guessing. The good thing about Costco, well one of them, is that you have those three months to change your mind and return or get a price correction, most times.
You nailed it and exactly about the wow factor
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
9247 posts
3273 upvotes
Toronto
StuC57235 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 1:16 pm
Thanks OP. Bought one.
If you don't mind, post back when you get it set up and adjusted and let us know what it is like.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
9247 posts
3273 upvotes
Toronto
This is still available for shipping, but ISPU for $12 off in Ontario is down to one store. Hit and miss in other provinces.
Feb 27, 2015
2 posts
hifaxHalifax,halifax…
I am looking for an affordable 4k Tv to watch Plex - Tv shows and movies in my bedroom - is this a good tv for that.. If its not what would be a good suggestion.. i like to keep it in the 55+ size. I do have a costco membership. Should i wait till Black Friday?
Dec 17, 2017
552 posts
566 upvotes
How are all these pre-black friday deals compared to black friday deals? If one can wait, then would it be best to just ignore any TV deals until black friday? Or is black friday overhyped and over rated?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3154 posts
1866 upvotes
Vancouver
Just a note on Visions extended warranty.

You only get money back if the warranty never gets claimed. The money back is actually a one time discount that cannot exceed 50% the purchase price of anything in the store within 90 days of your warranty expiring. So while it might seem like a good deal, you need to buy something 2x the price and basically get 50% (+whatever sale) off.

The tv itself is made by hisense with rumours/speculation (unproven) that quality control is inferior to hisense own brand. Regardless this is a very good deal if you missed out on Costco recent clearance of hisense 65” at 499 (restocked at 599 now).