Expired Hot Deals

Visions Electronics

Sharp 55" 4K UHD Smart LED TV with Voice Assistant Compatibility (LC55N7004U) $398 W/FS, $386 ISPU

[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto

[Visions Electronics] Sharp 55" 4K UHD Smart LED TV with Voice Assistant Compatibility (LC55N7004U) $398 W/FS, $386 ISPU

Another <$400 budget TV deal. Visions has this Sharp LC55N7004U 55" 4K Smart for $398 with free shipping this week, and if you order online for ISPU $12 off, so $386. Sharps are made and sold by Hisense.
This seems to have it's own stand alone smart features as opposed to a Chromecast or Roku, but it does seem to be able to play media, add apps, and apparently it has a web browser.
Visions offers a second year of warranty free, if you sign up for their newsletter, and their extended warranties cost translates into store credit, if not used. If interested in one of these, I would try to negotiate the EW price down to near Costco level. Costco carries similar Hisense models.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
23 replies
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
Here is the Sharp Canada page for this TV:
https://www.sharp-canada.ca/en/all-tvs/ ... k-smart-tv#
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
1029 posts
409 upvotes
MTL/TO
I run an airbnb in Montreal and my 60 inch panny plasma st60 that I bought on a pricing error in 2010 or so thanks to RFD it turning off and on randomly.

Do guests really need something better than this?

I'd prefer a 65 inch for guests appeal purposes..but that's prbly a waste of money.

I'd feel safer buying something at Costco... But this is tempting. Thanks OP..I'll wait for more comments on this.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
joshua18 wrote: I run an airbnb in Montreal and my 60 inch panny plasma st60 that I bought on a pricing error in 2010 or so thanks to RFD it turning off and on randomly.

Do guests really need something better than this?

I'd prefer a 65 inch for guests appeal purposes..but that's prbly a waste of money.

I'd feel safer buying something at Costco... But this is tempting. Thanks OP..I'll wait for more comments on this.
I think you are probably right, I doubt random guests will be micro assessing picture quality.
There is a larger Costco option, currently, that you could look at too, especially if you can't get Visions to agree to a reasonable extended warranty price, and you would like a little larger screen.
The Hisense 58R6109 Roku is selling at $499 in most Costco stores here ATM. So you would get three more inches and can still add the extra 3 year warranty for $30.
https://www.costco.ca/Hisense-58-in.-4K ... 93902.html

Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
1029 posts
409 upvotes
MTL/TO
idiotcanuck wrote: I think you are probably right, I doubt random guests will be micro assessing picture quality.
There is a larger Costco option, currently, that you could look at too, especially if you can't get Visions to agree to a reasonable extended warranty price, and you would like a little larger screen.
The Hisense 58R6109 Roku is selling at $499 in most Costco stores here ATM. So you would get three more inches and can still add the extra 3 year warranty for $30.
https://www.costco.ca/Hisense-58-in.-4K ... 93902.html

Wow you read my mind.. was just about to post this!

Its showing 529$ online.. and extended warranty i think is 59$.

Amazon has the deal on tcl 55 inch..$440 with 4 yr extended warranty at 61$.

https://www.amazon.ca/TCL-55S425-CA-Ult ... B07DXRQHRJ
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
joshua18 wrote: Wow you read my mind.. was just about to post this!

Its showing 529$ online.. and extended warranty i think is 59$.

Amazon has the deal on tcl 55 inch..$440 with 4 yr extended warranty at 61$.

https://www.amazon.ca/TCL-55S425-CA-Ult ... B07DXRQHRJ
Yep if you get the Hisense 58 in store you save $30 shipping and $30 of warranty because it is under $500
Costco has the TCL 55" at $439 also with $30 warranty in most stores. They had it online shipped for the same amount until a week ago. It could re-appear online though.
I actually got one of the Hisense 55" last week when they were $399 shipped with $30 warranty from Costco. Still assessing and adjusting it, but first impressions are pretty good for a budget TV.

Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
1029 posts
409 upvotes
MTL/TO
idiotcanuck wrote: Yep if you get the Hisense 58 in store you save $30 shipping and $30 of warranty because it is under $500
Costco has the TCL 55" at $439 also with $30 warranty in most stores. They had it online shipped for the same amount until a week ago. It could re-appear online though.
I actually got one of the Hisense 55" last week when they were $399 shipped with $30 warranty from Costco. Still assessing and adjusting it, but first impressions are pretty good for a budget TV.
Now I have to decide between the 58 highsense or the 55 tcl for 70$ / 3 inches difference..

What's your reco?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
joshua18 wrote: Now I have to decide between the 58 highsense or the 55 tcl for 70$ / 3 inches difference..

What's your reco?
Hard to say. Depends on how you value those three inches, the money, and what the room lighting is like. Although I would say that $70 might be a good trade-off, if you want that wow moment from guests as they walk in. Comparatively I would guess that the Hisense R6 might be a little bit brighter than the TCL 4 series, but the TCL likely has a bit faster response time so maybe a bit less trailing on fast moving objects. There isn't detailed info about the Hisense R6109 though so I am just guessing. The good thing about Costco, well one of them, is that you have those three months to change your mind and return or get a price correction, most times.

Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
1029 posts
409 upvotes
MTL/TO
idiotcanuck wrote: Hard to say. Depends on how you value those three inches, the money, and what the room lighting is like. Although I would say that $70 might be a good trade-off, if you want that wow moment from guests as they walk in. Comparatively I would guess that the Hisense R6 might be a little bit brighter than the TCL 4 series, but the TCL likely has a bit faster response time so maybe a bit less trailing on fast moving objects. There isn't detailed info about the Hisense R6109 though so I am just guessing. The good thing about Costco, well one of them, is that you have those three months to change your mind and return or get a price correction, most times.
You nailed it and exactly about the wow factor
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
StuC57235 wrote: Thanks OP. Bought one.
If you don't mind, post back when you get it set up and adjusted and let us know what it is like.

[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
This is still available for shipping, but ISPU for $12 off in Ontario is down to one store. Hit and miss in other provinces.

Feb 27, 2015
2 posts
hifaxHalifax,halifax…
I am looking for an affordable 4k Tv to watch Plex - Tv shows and movies in my bedroom - is this a good tv for that.. If its not what would be a good suggestion.. i like to keep it in the 55+ size. I do have a costco membership. Should i wait till Black Friday?
Banned
Dec 17, 2017
1014 posts
1054 upvotes
How are all these pre-black friday deals compared to black friday deals? If one can wait, then would it be best to just ignore any TV deals until black friday? Or is black friday overhyped and over rated?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
4789 posts
3296 upvotes
Vancouver
Just a note on Visions extended warranty.

You only get money back if the warranty never gets claimed. The money back is actually a one time discount that cannot exceed 50% the purchase price of anything in the store within 90 days of your warranty expiring. So while it might seem like a good deal, you need to buy something 2x the price and basically get 50% (+whatever sale) off.

The tv itself is made by hisense with rumours/speculation (unproven) that quality control is inferior to hisense own brand. Regardless this is a very good deal if you missed out on Costco recent clearance of hisense 65” at 499 (restocked at 599 now).
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
patrickww wrote: I am looking for an affordable 4k Tv to watch Plex - Tv shows and movies in my bedroom - is this a good tv for that.. If its not what would be a good suggestion.. i like to keep it in the 55+ size. I do have a costco membership. Should i wait till Black Friday?
Up until today, I would have said this one might have been worth a try for you, but it is now OOS in all stores, I think, still free shipped online, but showing as special order now, and that means final sale. I would be wary of any TV deal that you can't return if you don't like it or it has some marginal defect that bugs you. I would stick with Costco, if you can, and it is close to you, then. I am happy with my Hisense 55R6109 from them. When it went at $399 shipped with $30 warranty I think it was a better option, it is not on sale atm though. If you are looking for a budget TV, You could also look at the 58" and 65" at $499 instore and $599 shipped, if not too big, and the 55" and 65" TCL S423 at $439 instore and $639 shipped.
You don't necessarily have to wait until BF, since you have 90 days to return, so you can return something bought now after BF, and you can often get a price correction within that period, if their price goes down.
Although the official Price Protection period at Costco is only 30 days.
Last edited by idiotcanuck on Sep 12th, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
Paigne wrote: Just a note on Visions extended warranty.

You only get money back if the warranty never gets claimed. The money back is actually a one time discount that cannot exceed 50% the purchase price of anything in the store within 90 days of your warranty expiring. So while it might seem like a good deal, you need to buy something 2x the price and basically get 50% (+whatever sale) off.

The tv itself is made by hisense with rumours/speculation (unproven) that quality control is inferior to hisense own brand. Regardless this is a very good deal if you missed out on Costco recent clearance of hisense 65” at 499 (restocked at 599 now).
Thanks for the clarifications.
If I am remembering correctly, I believe that the Hisense 65" $498 deal was final clearance of the previous model 65R6107, while the current deal of $599 shipped is on the current model 65R6109.
Whether there is any appreciable difference between them, I can't really say though.

[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
HailHydra wrote: How are all these pre-black friday deals compared to black friday deals? If one can wait, then would it be best to just ignore any TV deals until black friday? Or is black friday overhyped and over rated?
It really depends, it can go either way depending on what you are looking for and how specific you are. If you are just looking for a 55" 4K TV, you will have lots of options to choose from on BF. If you are looking for a specific model or two, the low point could well be an offer before BF and you could find that you passed up your best opportunity, and it just wasn't featured on BF, or was OOS. Mostly it's the loss leaders and flyer promo items that are where the action is. Beyond that there isn't necessarily a deal on everything. You also don't have a lot of room to work on BF, it's difficult to get a price match, on BF offers, and often not many coupon or general discount offers (like 10% off over $100 etc.). So you could find that the item that you want is best bought in Oct. when on sale, PM'd at another seller for 10-15% less of the difference, with a 10% off coupon, or it could be $100 lower than ever before on BF.
It's really just a guess or a feeling sometimes, and sometimes you guess wrong.

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
1014 posts
1054 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote: It really depends, it can go either way depending on what you are looking for and how specific you are. If you are just looking for a 55" 4K TV, you will have lots of options to choose from on BF. If you are looking for a specific model or two, the low point could well be an offer before BF and you could find that you passed up your best opportunity, and it just wasn't featured on BF, or was OOS. Mostly it's the loss leaders and flyer promo items that are where the action is. Beyond that there isn't necessarily a deal on everything. You also don't have a lot of room to work on BF, it's difficult to get a price match, on BF offers, and often not many coupon or general discount offers (like 10% off over $100 etc.). So you could find that the item that you want is best bought in Oct. when on sale, PM'd at another seller for 10-15% less of the difference, with a 10% off coupon, or it could be $100 lower than ever before on BF.
It's really just a guess or a feeling sometimes, and sometimes you guess wrong.
Thanks, I'm not picky, just a 4k TV, 50" or above, is fine by me. Sounds like I should be hunting for the door crashers or whatever.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1616 posts
2897 upvotes
Paigne wrote: Just a note on Visions extended warranty.

Actually, there is a lot more to it than that. I have a co-worker who's warranty expired last December. He had to wait for 30 days after it expired and had to email visions warranty department to get his "credit" back. Once he got it back, he got an email confirmation saying he has one year from the expire date (which again was last December) to use it by December of 2019. If you don't email Visions to tell them you would like your warranty back, you lose it. They won't call you and tell you. TONS of people forget about it and never use it. But let's not blame Visions here as it IS the customers responsibility to remember this. It's Visions farsightedness NOT to call the customer to tell them it's expired to get them to come in an buy something.
$52 25GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan - Includes Apple Watch LTE @ NO CHARGE!
BYE BYE ROGERS!
$21.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.