Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Visions Electronics

Sony 6.2" XAVAX1000 w/ Apple CarPlay $369

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2019 9:10 pm
Jan 12, 2007
461 posts
170 upvotes
Does anyone have good experience with any installers in GVR area?
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
2020 posts
193 upvotes
Marbella
PriceHunter wrote: Will this be installed in a Jetta trendline+ 2013? Will it get bluetooth with it?

Never done this, just exploring options. Anyone has a link will be highly appreciated.
You will get BT. Just keep in mind that your stock speakers will not be able to handle non-oem head unit and be prepared to replace them. In fact due to same issue, I'm replacing my doughtier speakers + AMP in her 2011 Jetta today.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
ancnfamily wrote: You will get BT. Just keep in mind that your stock speakers will not be able to handle non-oem head unit and be prepared to replace them. In fact due to same issue, I'm replacing my doughtier speakers + AMP in her 2011 Jetta today.
Do you have a picture of it installed? I am just worried about it fitting in to start.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Oct 9, 2018
235 posts
103 upvotes
Looking to get one of these as I just purchased a 2006 Acura TSX.
I noticed on Crutchfield there are packages with installation kit included... are those mandatory?
What would someone to with just this unit and not the installation kit?
Feb 26, 2017
616 posts
437 upvotes
bluetroll wrote: Crutchfield is the better vendor to buy from. Their return policy is amazing. And you get discounts on all the parts needed, too.

Crutchfield gives you a full detailed install guide, too. Also you can call them up if you need help.

I needed to way to install the backup camera connected to my xav5000, the tech recommended me to tap it in the front kick panel and even told me which colour wire to tap.

For crimping, if you get those stereo install crimp connectors, it's super easy, no stripping or soldering required. Just screw the two ends together. Crutchfield sells them.

+1 I highly recommend Crutchfield if you’re a newb like myself. I bought a Sony HU and one of the wires in the mounting bracket wasn’t lined up in the correct slot for my car. It was a 5:00 on a Sunday and my dash was totally apart.

I phoned up their customer service in the states - which they allow and the person totally saved me. It was really impressive.

I could have got the same HU from visions for a few less, but in that instance I had no clue what was wrong
And almost had to hire someone at $150 or whatever.

I mean if you’re a pro - I’m sure you just look for price. But a newb who’s never tried this. No debate IMO
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4952 posts
1086 upvotes
reeepo wrote: Looking to get one of these as I just purchased a 2006 Acura TSX.
I noticed on Crutchfield there are packages with installation kit included... are those mandatory?
What would someone to with just this unit and not the installation kit?
You wouldn't need the kit if you already have an aftermarket HU and replacing it with a newer aftermarket HU.

You're going to need a kit if you are installing an aftermarket HU. The alternative if you cut every wire on the factory HU harness and splice it to the aftermarket HU harness, but that's the dumbest idea ever.
You will need the dash trim kit, unless your vehicle currently has a double din sized factory HU.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."
Sep 23, 2013
654 posts
809 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
vancdeals wrote: Does anyone have good experience with any installers in GVR area?
Got my sony deck installed at RPM Electronics in Burnaby. I knew i couldnt do it myself, especially given the backup camera. Quick and knowledgeable and way cheaper than those jokers at Visions just a block away. Reviews online are excellent for them.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5771 posts
7832 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
hartzfizzo wrote: Got my sony deck installed at RPM Electronics in Burnaby. I knew i couldnt do it myself, especially given the backup camera. Quick and knowledgeable and way cheaper than those jokers at Visions just a block away. Reviews online are excellent for them.
Yah Visions wanted $200 for install plus Parts! Yikes!
The deck i was looking at was $179.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
3633 posts
444 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
bluetroll wrote: ...

For crimping, if you get those stereo install crimp connectors, it's super easy, no stripping or soldering required. Just screw the two ends together. Crutchfield sells them.
Just for anyone who's interested in these Posi-Tec screw-on connectors, you really need to make sure that you don't strip off too much wire - else you'll be struggling to screw on the caps even halfway and end up with blisters on your thumbs.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
make sure u get carbridge app if ur JBd! can play any apps on carplay, imo this still too expensive..maybe when it hits sub 200 i'd get it
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Aug 9, 2007
439 posts
229 upvotes
make sure to tape it all together if you're using the posi tec ones as well
installed it in the winter and the rattling sound was driving me mad
Mar 9, 2003
138 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
i got this last black friday for $300, and am not that impressed with it. i also got a jvc/kenwood (that doesn't have carplay/auto) for my other car that absolutely KILLS the sony. personally i would not buy this model again, and would get the jvc/kenwood with carplay/auto instead.
Wanted: One (Or More) Girlfriend(s). Please Apply Within.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
romsan04 wrote: So it is Car Play only... right?
Apparently, yes. This is odd given Sony's own phones are Android but they're always doing stupidness like this. The Sonys that have AA are the AX7000, AX5000, AX210. AX200, and AX100. I'm guessing the AX1000 is older...maybe that's why it doesn't have AA?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
3633 posts
444 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Carisear wrote: i got this last black friday for $300, and am not that impressed with it. i also got a jvc/kenwood (that doesn't have carplay/auto) for my other car that absolutely KILLS the sony. personally i would not buy this model again, and would get the jvc/kenwood with carplay/auto instead.
Model?
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3968 posts
4717 upvotes
Victoria
Carisear wrote: absolutely KILLS the sony. personally i would not buy this model again, and would get the jvc/kenwood with carplay/auto instead.
What makes it “kill” the Sony? Sound quality? Power? Layout?
Aug 19, 2015
12 posts
1 upvote
I purchased an AX1000 for my 2007 Nissan Altima from Crutchfield and installing it was effortless. The added wattage to the speakers is a good boost as well.

For the price, would recommend this over any stock car stereo on older vehicles.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)