Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Visions Electronics

Sony 6.95" Bluetooth car deck with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (XAVAX3000) - $298

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2020 2:06 pm
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23196 posts
2328 upvotes
Singapore
Stupid question, but how do I know if this is compatible with a vehicle? I don't know if it's single or double DIN.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4777 posts
5070 upvotes
East GTA
Damn I'm tempted...I have an 08 Civic which I'm holding off as long as I can. This would give it a 2nd life and really ween me off from wanting to buy a new car for a few more years.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2010
1096 posts
1354 upvotes
Canada
Sgt_Strider wrote: Stupid question, but how do I know if this is compatible with a vehicle? I don't know if it's single or double DIN.
Go to crutchfield and enter your vehicle. It will tell you if it's compatible or not.
Jun 12, 2007
9 posts
2 upvotes
Abbotsford
Just put this one in my 06 civic. Works great. You can get the faceplate for the Dash under warehouse deals on Amazon for 25 bucks. You just need the regular harness. If you have the Honda amp in there. There’s a YouTube video that shows how to hook up the blue wire to one other wire so it doesn’t bypass it.
Aug 25, 2005
862 posts
108 upvotes
Full specs here for the 3000/5000

I bought the 3000 @ Visions on Black Friday for this price. It has been great. Be warned that depending on your car, the wiring harness/trim can be very expensive (mine was more than the radio and I had to get it from the US). It is certainly worthwhile to check which parts will be needed for install - i.e. radio antenna, wiring harness, trim kit etc... Also, some trim kits will fit better than others and this can be hard to determine unless you read through various car forums.

https://www.sony.com/za/electronics/in- ... ifications

https://www.sony.com/za/electronics/in- ... ifications
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
3014 posts
1020 upvotes
Toronto
First time installing a car head unit system. Does anyone know if its required to retain the factory bluetooth/radio antenna signal or can I just ditch them? According to crutchfield, the basics I need are the wiring harness and a trim kit which are about $20 on amazon.ca but if I want to retain Bluetooth / Radio, I would have to buy wires that are about $300 on top of the wiring harness/trim kit. Im assuming the sony unit itself transmits bluetooth signals anyways and I don't listen to the radio so I really don't need the antenna cable too???
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
1721 posts
643 upvotes
Kitchener
congeetime wrote: First time installing a car head unit system. Does anyone know if its required to retain the factory bluetooth/radio antenna signal or can I just ditch them? According to crutchfield, the basics I need are the wiring harness and a trim kit which are about $20 on amazon.ca but if I want to retain Bluetooth / Radio, I would have to buy wires that are about $300 on top of the wiring harness/trim kit. Im assuming the sony unit itself transmits bluetooth signals anyways and I don't listen to the radio so I really don't need the antenna cable too???
FM Antenna wire will plug into this new unit, it is a standard cable [looks like coaxial]. They don't have adapters for FM antenna since they are standardized already.
Bluetooth is handled by the head unit, so in this case the unit unit will handle bluetooth, no adaptor needed.
The expensive part can be the steering wheel controls. If you have a newer car with a touchscreen already, it isn't worth upgrading as you may loose functions. These type of head units are for older cars to upgrade basic stereos, adding functionality such as GPS and bluetooth and upgrading the power to your speakers slightly.

Again, check on crutchfield, it will list all of the accessories needed for your car. Then search on amazon or similar places to find those accessories in Canada.
Mar 24, 2012
39 posts
4 upvotes
Victoria
This unit works quite well! I have it in my girlfriend's car. It is a big upgrade over the older Sony single DIN that was in there before. The main reason we got it was for the Android Auto and Apple Car Play functionality and those work excellent. Radio is decent as well and so is USB audio playback. One can usually get all the wiring harnesses and adapters and fascia installation pieces from the place of purchase or of course online.
Would go with this over the Boss unit any day.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23196 posts
2328 upvotes
Singapore
PannTher wrote: Go to crutchfield and enter your vehicle. It will tell you if it's compatible or not.
Crutchfield have operations in Canada? Are they shipping from the US or Canada?
Aug 24, 2018
846 posts
1149 upvotes
Langley BC
I ordered this one from amazon.com for my install so I could still use my steering wheel controls and it works great. You will need to program it for your steering wheel (you get to pick which buttons each control) and wire it in but once it's done it works great. You can also get the more expensive one here along with the specific vehicle harness for a pre setup plug and play (this is a simple but more expensive way to get your features to work with your car. It can also give you a bunch more vehicle info on certain stereo's).
Don..
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4808 posts
1803 upvotes
WilliamZ108489 wrote: This is a very decent car deck. I got this 2 weeks ago when it was on sale for 298. If you pick up in store, you can get around extra 8 bucks off. Only two differences between this one & 5000 are:
1. 3000 is resistive touchscreen. It's not sentive as 5000 but you can touch it with glove. 5000 is capacitive screen. It works just like your smart phone but you can't wear glove to use it
2. 3000 comes with 1 usb port. 5000 has 2. If you need the extra port, you need to go with 5000.

I upgraded it from my 2017 original subaru forester car deck. This head unit sounds much better than my old one. It worths the price for sure
I feel so bad now,. I wish I saw this so I could buy the 5000 series, the extra usb is usefull
Jul 26, 2013
949 posts
952 upvotes
CALGARY
How difficult is it to do something like this with 0 experience?
Aug 25, 2005
862 posts
108 upvotes
findmesumdealz wrote: How difficult is it to do something like this with 0 experience?
Really depends on the car. Some cars can require extensive (expensive) wiring harnesses and some may even need you to cut behind the dash. YouTube is a good place to visit to see installation videos.
Jul 26, 2013
949 posts
952 upvotes
CALGARY
redac wrote: Really depends on the car. Some cars can require extensive (expensive) wiring harnesses and some may even need you to cut behind the dash. YouTube is a good place to visit to see installation videos.
its a 2012 honda civic lx
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
3014 posts
1020 upvotes
Toronto
findmesumdealz wrote: How difficult is it to do something like this with 0 experience?
I just picked up my unit in store. They offered me 50% off $140 for installation not including the parts which was another $50(harness + trim only. Antenna was another $25). For parts and install, it would've been $120 which isnt too bad tbh but on my subaru it seems fairly easy so I passed. Also, the parts only came up to $20 on amazon for me.
Jul 26, 2013
949 posts
952 upvotes
CALGARY
congeetime wrote: I just picked up my unit in store. They offered me 50% off $140 for installation not including the parts which was another $50(harness + trim only. Antenna was another $25). For parts and install, it would've been $120 which isnt too bad tbh but on my subaru it seems fairly easy so I passed. Also, the parts only came up to $20 on amazon for me.
the install parts are only 20$ for you on amazon ? dang lucky. mine are coming out to probably ~150$ ish with the steering wheel wiring adapter
Aug 24, 2018
846 posts
1149 upvotes
Langley BC
findmesumdealz wrote: the install parts are only 20$ for you on amazon ? dang lucky. mine are coming out to probably ~150$ ish with the steering wheel wiring adapter
If you can take a look on amazon.com as the parts are usually way cheaper even after the exchange rate. Or look on crutchfield as they will discount your parts if you buy the head unit from them.
Don..
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
11105 posts
6746 upvotes
Toronto
congeetime wrote: I just picked up my unit in store. They offered me 50% off $140 for installation not including the parts which was another $50(harness + trim only. Antenna was another $25). For parts and install, it would've been $120 which isnt too bad tbh but on my subaru it seems fairly easy so I passed. Also, the parts only came up to $20 on amazon for me.
Which location offered you the 50% off installation?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)