Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] Sony 65" 4K HDR Smart Android TV with Picture Processor X1 Ultimate (XBR65X950G) $1498 In Store Only YMMV

Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 1, 2006
5179 posts
433 upvotes
Lobloco wrote: Apparently, from what I read on a AV forum, it won’t flash in the 950G.

You also can’t get auto updates.

When did you do this ?

Thanks.
Where did you read that you can’t use this firmware on the 950G? I’m using it on my 950g without any issues.
C:\RFD>ih8lowballers.bat_
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
1004 posts
327 upvotes
Oakville
TypeVR6 wrote: Where did you read that you can’t use this firmware on the 950G? I’m using it on my 950g without any issues.
It’s usable but apparently Sony did something to prevent future updates and changed it recently so that you can’t flash it on the 950G.

There’s a tag in the firmware that can check the model number and prevent the install.

Somebody modified the firmware that allows it to flash but you no longer can get the universal version from Sony.

Check out some AV forums and there’s plenty of discussion about this.
Newbie
Jun 5, 2012
21 posts
39 upvotes
EDMONTON
Lobloco wrote: I called Visions and can confirm your post that they are all open box.

Where did you get the 950H firmware. I understand Sony pulled it off their site to prevent this as 950G has the same internals as the 950H.

Thanks.
There are different versions of the (H) firmware. You can follow the discussions by going through some of the later posts in this forum: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd- ... k-220.html. You can also find links to the 6.4738 (H) firmware that posters have provided. Some posters mentioned that they jumped directly from 6.3626 (G) to 6.4770 (H), but I played it safe and doing it this way: 6.3626 (G) -> 6.4738 (H) -> 6.4770 (H).
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 1, 2006
5179 posts
433 upvotes
Lobloco wrote: It’s usable but apparently Sony did something to prevent future updates and changed it recently so that you can’t flash it on the 950G.

There’s a tag in the firmware that can check the model number and prevent the install.

Somebody modified the firmware that allows it to flash but you no longer can get the universal version from Sony.

Check out some AV forums and there’s plenty of discussion about this.
Man what rubbish are you spreading? I already told you I used the fw posted on Sony’s site and flashed my panel without issue and without any form of modification.
C:\RFD>ih8lowballers.bat_
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
1004 posts
327 upvotes
Oakville
TypeVR6 wrote: Man what rubbish are you spreading? I already told you I used the fw posted on Sony’s site and flashed my panel without issue and without any form of modification.
Read the AV forums and you will find the information.

Some posters were banned by Sony complaints.

I never said you couldn’t use the 950H firmware code of 950G.

I am providing information that I read and if you believe Sony won’t try to change it so you won’t be able to do upgrades in the future then you are not being realistic.

There’s always a workaround so usually it can be done.

No need to be dissing my post when all I was trying to do was provide information.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
1004 posts
327 upvotes
Oakville
boobermonkey wrote: There are different versions of the (H) firmware. You can follow the discussions by going through some of the later posts in this forum: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd- ... k-220.html. You can also find links to the 6.4738 (H) firmware that posters have provided. Some posters mentioned that they jumped directly from 6.3626 (G) to 6.4770 (H), but I played it safe and doing it this way: 6.3626 (G) -> 6.4738 (H) -> 6.4770 (H).
Good information, thanks.

How in the future would you upgrade?

Are you using a USB drive ?

Appreciate your help.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 1, 2006
5179 posts
433 upvotes
Lobloco wrote: Read the AV forums and you will find the information.

Some posters were banned by Sony complaints.

I never said you couldn’t use the 950H firmware code of 950G.

I am providing information that I read and if you believe Sony won’t try to change it so you won’t be able to do upgrades in the future then you are not being realistic.

There’s always a workaround so usually it can be done.

No need to be dissing my post when all I was trying to do was provide information.
You’re trolling. Either you post proof of what you’re claiming or don’t make the damn reference.
C:\RFD>ih8lowballers.bat_
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 1, 2006
5179 posts
433 upvotes
Lobloco wrote: Good information, thanks.

How in the future would you upgrade?

Are you using a USB drive ?

Appreciate your help.
Why don’t you refer to the forums you’ve been referring to where all this information is? Why are you asking all the questions here while making claims at the same time?
C:\RFD>ih8lowballers.bat_
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
1004 posts
327 upvotes
Oakville
TypeVR6 wrote: You’re trolling. Either you post proof of what you’re claiming or don’t make the damn reference.
Trolling, really ya think so.

You didn’t even answer my simple questions?

https://www.avforums.com/threads/sony-x ... t-28144055

I’m just passing information, no need to s!@t on me.

Do you know how firmware is coded ?

Unless Sony has no way of identifying their different models then you are safe.

If they are able to add code that detects the model then they could prevent FUTURE updates.

Again, I NEVER SAID THAT YOU COULD NOT FLASH THE FIRMWARE.

Just passing along information.

READ!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 1, 2006
5179 posts
433 upvotes
Lobloco wrote: Trolling, really ya think so.

You didn’t even answer my simple questions?

https://www.avforums.com/threads/sony-x ... t-28144055

I’m just passing information, no need to s!@t on me.

Do you know how firmware is coded ?

Unless Sony has no way of identifying their different models then you are safe.

If they are able to add code that detects the model then they could prevent FUTURE updates.

Again, I NEVER SAID THAT YOU COULD NOT FLASH THE FIRMWARE.

Just passing along information.

READ!
It’s usable but apparently Sony did something to prevent future updates and changed it recently so that you can’t flash it on the 950G.

There’s a tag in the firmware that can check the model number and prevent the install.

Somebody modified the firmware that allows it to flash but you no longer can get the universal version from Sony.
You’re all over the place Lobloco. Perhaps you should lay off what ever it is you’re smoking.

You want to discuss this further? Start a thread in the Electronic forums. This conversation has nothing to do with the sale.
C:\RFD>ih8lowballers.bat_
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
1004 posts
327 upvotes
Oakville
TypeVR6 wrote: You’re all over the place Lobloco. Perhaps you should lay off what ever it is you’re smoking.

You want to discuss this further? Start a thread in the Electronic forums. This conversation has nothing to do with the sale.
Ok, whatever.

It’s not even the point.

Dismiss good information.

Never indicated that it’s not a good deal.

Just don’t be surprised when you “Brick” your set. Good luck with warranty.

Good luck.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1047 posts
553 upvotes
X900F is on sale at Costco for $1298, or same price at Bestbuy

Top