• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2017 9:03 am
[OP]
Aug 28, 2009
62 posts
6 upvotes
Victoria

[Visions Electronics] Sony 65x900e YMMV

Having a bit of drama with Visions re: their pricing. I was originally planning to pull the trigger on the Sony 65x850e @ Costco for $1,998. Unfortunately, they sold out before the end of the sale date. The TV has been up and down on their website sporadically since, listed at $2,298. I would have preferred the 65x900e, as it is a much better unit with full array light dimming (FALD), better brightness and a wider colour gamut, but I couldn't rationalize it for the $1k price difference at the time (i.e., $1,998 vs $2,998). The 900e has come down to about $2,698 right now, as it's regular "on sale" price.

However, yesterday on Visions' website, the 900e was listed for $2,498, with the sale expiring on July 20th. I was planning to head out in the next day or so to grab it. I looked again online today and - uh oh - it was back to $2,698 with the sale ending August 8th. As today is July 18th, I was thinking WTF happened? So I called Visions and explained what happened. Thank goodness I took a screenshot of the original ad at $2,498 and I informed them at I had evidence of the price being $2,498 until July 20th. He conferred with his manager and BOOM, they will honour the price, provided that I come in today and also show them the screenshot. They said it was likely an error at head office, but that if I could demonstrate that it's $2,498, then they would honour the price.

I'll update once I get back. Stay tuned!
Last edited by Bob Fugger on Jul 18th, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
63 replies
[OP]
Aug 28, 2009
62 posts
6 upvotes
Victoria
Aaaand it worked! Salesman confirmed with head office that someone had screwed up but since I had photo proof, they felt compelled to honour the price. Here you go:
Images
  • IMG_0541.JPG
Aug 15, 2013
91 posts
94 upvotes
Best price yet.
I would like to get this TV but I need to wait for a bit (financial priorities). I have been watching and every place seems to calculate the savings differently with the original price varying, but the "sale price" is always the same as all the other stores within about $3 anyways.
I went to the local Visions and was told by the sales associate that Sony sets the prices and if the retailer messes with them they can loose them (Sony) as a supplier.
A few stores near me that sell the TV are:

London Drugs

Visions

Bestbuy

NCIX (added $2499 now)

Memory Express (added)

The Brick (I hate the Brick !!)

Gentec (Sony.ca directs you here)

Amazon

Maybe Black Friday will see another price drop?

TheHammer
Last edited by richiethehammers on Jul 19th, 2017 5:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
Sep 24, 2011
105 posts
50 upvotes
Calgary
Just bought this tv. I am still within 15 days. Thanks so much. going to get $100 more off.
Apr 10, 2017
862 posts
288 upvotes
I got the 55'' version for $100 off + mount thrown in. Hopefully the price falls sometime soon.

Is it true the Sony TVs seldom goes on sale and has a stricter sales? Seems to me Samsung and LG TVs go on sale "more", but I'm not a TV-price guy like the rest of yall.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11402 posts
2862 upvotes
I do hope they keep making these Android TV TV's. Brother has 2 of the 55" ones, and we've installed and configured KODI easily on them, nice not to have to use an external box.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19263 posts
504 upvotes
Shanghai, China
jackass_ca wrote: I do hope they keep making these Android TV TV's. Brother has 2 of the 55" ones, and we've installed and configured KODI easily on them, nice not to have to use an external box.
Is the X900e more than fast enough to run Kodi?
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19165 posts
6056 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
These TVs are not going back up in price, sales that have ended keep getting extended.

Black Friday will probably be the best time to pick up until next year's models get announced (which will likely have VRR I'm guessing).

So far the best deal was at current pricing minus 10% gift card at best buy.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19263 posts
504 upvotes
Shanghai, China
BinaryJay wrote: These TVs are not going back up in price, sales that have ended keep getting extended.

Black Friday will probably be the best time to pick up until next year's models get announced (which will likely have VRR I'm guessing).

So far the best deal was at current pricing minus 10% gift card at best buy.
I think you're right. How much was the 65" x900e going for during that sale?