Hot Deals

Visions Electronics Black Friday

Sony A80J 77'' for $3,750 and future sales on Nov26

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2021 1:15 am
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 13, 2021
9 posts
16 upvotes

[Visions Electronics] [Black Friday] Sony A80J 77'' for $3,750 and future sales on Nov26

So I just picked up 77" A80J today for $3,750 from Vision.

Just for your reference, Sony Canada will realse another sale only for A80j. As far as I know, they will drop another $300 on 77'' which will bring the price from $4,298 to $3,999. And drop another $200 on the 65'' model for 1 week starting on Nov 26, And that would be the best price you can get for A80J, after that they wont have any better sale on this model any more.

I visited 2 local vision in Calgary and called another one far away from where I live, the best they can do is $3,750 which is pretty much the atucal cost to bring it in at least that's what they told me. Good luck guys.
Sony.jpg
Last edited by BSKNair on Nov 20th, 2021 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
34 replies
Member
Oct 16, 2010
370 posts
838 upvotes
BSKNair wrote: Sony Canada will release another sale only for A80j. As far as I know, they will drop another $300 on 77'' which will bring the price from $4,298 to $3,999. And drop another $200 on the 65'' model for 1 week starting on Nov 26, And that would be the best price you can get for A80J, after that they wont have any better sale on this model any more.
Any word on the 55" ? I bought the A80J 55" for $1860 open box from Best Buy (Geek Squad Certified). No issue with the TV, minor scratch on the remote, all original packaging, no fingerprints or screwdriver marks, and so new it looked like it wasn't even set up, 4 power on hours. I noticed Best Buy US sells the 55" A80J for $1400 US, which is about $1750 CAD, but in Canada it's selling for $2000. Can we expect a lower sale price on Nov 26?
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 13, 2021
9 posts
16 upvotes
Sorry, they didn't say about 55'' and I didn't ask as well. But it could have maybe $150 or at least $100 addtional drop I guess. If you can return it back to bestbuy, I will suggest you do that. You can get at least the same price you paid in bestbuy, but a brand new TV. Waht's more, you could even get a better price from Vision.

I did notice that the price for A80J in USA is extremely lower than what we paid in Cadada. 77'' A80J is $2,999 USD which is around $3,800 CAD. But like I said, I called Sony Canada to confirm they will drop the price for 77' A80J to $3,999 and that's the best they can do ever for this model. So I guess we cant even get the same deal on boxing day. If they telling me the truth. But still, vision still has the best price you can get in Canada. But I just dont know the number for it, you can always check from store to store and push them to give the best they can do.
Jr. Member
Nov 27, 2008
184 posts
154 upvotes
So down to $2400 for the 65” next week? I’d be happy at that price.
Jr. Member
Oct 22, 2021
113 posts
237 upvotes
TheDuffMan wrote: So down to $2400 for the 65” next week? I’d be happy at that price.
That'd make for a really good deal if Costco does the same promo as last year where you get a $350 Gift Card if you spend $3000+ online.

Although it's too bad we don't get the US pricing up here. Down there the 65" A80J and C1 are the same price at $1799 USD or ~$2300 CAD.
Jr. Member
Aug 30, 2007
150 posts
35 upvotes
I recently purchased the 77" LG C1 but returned it to Costco in exchange for the 77" A80J as countless audio stores I contacted said it is the superior tv in all respects, less gaming. However, I got it for $4298 plus $99 for 5 years wtty. coverage incl. burn in protection. I prefer Costco because they protect you well after warranties run out due to their amazing return policy. However, your secured price is very good and I am considering seeing if my local Visions store will give me the same price. Did you have to buy the Visions wtty. If yes, what was the cost and coverage?
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 13, 2021
9 posts
16 upvotes
Yes, I totally understand how good the return policy costco has, not to mention executive member can get 2% cash back. That's the reason I didn't purchase the tv from Vision until I receive the confimation from Sony Canada regarding the best price they can offer for A80J. I know the best I can get from Costco is just $3,999, but I can get $3,750 from Visions. So that's about it.

Let's talke about the warranty you asked. Visions offer something called Money back extended service plan, they charge you a certain amount for the extended warranty let's say $300. After the extended warranty expires, if you didn't use the warranty at all. They will refund you the full amount you pay for the warrany which is $300 as store credit and you can use it to purchase anything in Visions. But the refunded store credit will expire after 1 year, so keep that in mind.
Sr. Member
Jan 2, 2017
510 posts
592 upvotes
BSKNair wrote: Yes, I totally understand how good the return policy costco has, not to mention executive member can get 2% cash back. That's the reason I didn't purchase the tv from Vision until I receive the confimation from Sony Canada regarding the best price they can offer for A80J. I know the best I can get from Costco is just $3,999, but I can get $3,750 from Visions. So that's about it.

Let's talke about the warranty you asked. Visions offer something called Money back extended service plan, they charge you a certain amount for the extended warranty let's say $300. After the extended warranty expires, if you didn't use the warranty at all. They will refund you the full amount you pay for the warrany which is $300 as store credit and you can use it to purchase anything in Visions. But the refunded store credit will expire after 1 year, so keep that in mind.
That sounds pretty good, even with the 1 year limit. Just hope they don't try reneging when you come collect the refund lol
Jr. Member
Feb 27, 2017
119 posts
98 upvotes
Winnipeg
BSKNair wrote: After the extended warranty expires, if you didn't use the warranty at all. They will refund you the full amount you pay for the warrany which is $300 as store credit and you can use it to purchase anything in Visions. But the refunded store credit will expire after 1 year, so keep that in mind.
Yes and No. They still come out on top as the store credit can only be used for an item where it does not exceed 50% of the pre-tax price. So if you are already planning on buying something from Visions which is $600 or more then you are good. Else, you are spending more than $300 out of pocket to avail the $300 store credit. Also, you have to remember to apply for the refund within 90 days of the extended warranty expiring.
I bought a $1900 TV from visions in 2016 and bought a 5 year extended warranty for $359.99. Warranty expires next month. Let's see how it goes
Jr. Member
Aug 30, 2007
150 posts
35 upvotes
Thanks for the info. So to get the price you did, did you buy an extended warranty? Often I read people on Redflag having to buy a warranty to get a great price like you did. If Sony drops the price to $3999, does Costco have to drop their price and would your price potentially decrease further with negotiations?
Newbie
Oct 1, 2021
6 posts
1 upvote
Anyone actually purchased from Visions online? How was the experience and did you have any issues with them? I am just not confident buying a large item from them and was wondering if they were as good as the other big retailers like BB?
Jr. Member
Nov 27, 2008
184 posts
154 upvotes
dave3528 wrote: Anyone actually purchased from Visions online? How was the experience and did you have any issues with them? I am just not confident buying a large item from them and was wondering if they were as good as the other big retailers like BB?
They’re legit, I’ve done a big speaker set before from them with no issue.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 13, 2008
3446 posts
4431 upvotes
Oakville
krazykh wrote: Yes and No. They still come out on top as the store credit can only be used for an item where it does not exceed 50% of the pre-tax price. So if you are already planning on buying something from Visions which is $600 or more then you are good. Else, you are spending more than $300 out of pocket to avail the $300 store credit. Also, you have to remember to apply for the refund within 90 days of the extended warranty expiring.
I bought a $1900 TV from visions in 2016 and bought a 5 year extended warranty for $359.99. Warranty expires next month. Let's see how it goes
Hey can you please let us know how it goes?
So far I've seen very poor feedback on visions warranty. Like if you call tech support over the phone but they don't come to your house it still counts as a warranty service and so you've made use of your warranty.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Newbie
Oct 22, 2020
46 posts
51 upvotes
zdpz wrote: Hey can you please let us know how it goes?
So far I've seen very poor feedback on visions warranty. Like if you call tech support over the phone but they don't come to your house it still counts as a warranty service and so you've made use of your warranty.
My LG CX developed a glitch and I contacted Visions for warranty service (I paid $489.99 for the 5 year coverage and this is year 2). The warranty line I was given said "mailbox full" and I obviously could not leave a message. My online ticket was responded to promptly (within minutes actually) and I was told someone would contact me ASAP. It has been 8 days since that ticket and I have heard from no one. I am sure they will honour the warranty eventually but this first bit of my experience has not been promising.
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 13, 2021
9 posts
16 upvotes
jt4572 wrote: Thanks for the info. So to get the price you did, did you buy an extended warranty? Often I read people on Redflag having to buy a warranty to get a great price like you did. If Sony drops the price to $3999, does Costco have to drop their price and would your price potentially decrease further with negotiations?
I didn't get the extended warranty, because like I said even though they will refund you full amount as store credit if you didnt use your warranty at all, you only have 1 year to spend it. Another reason is the extended warranty for 77'' A80J is more than $700. I cant remember the exact number, but if Krazyh(from #9 just above your post) telling the truth about how you can spend the refunded credit. That means I have to buy something more than $1,500 to use it in one time or multiple times with a total of $1,500 or more. So I'm not comfortable with that, I could end up buying something I dont have to buy. But since you paid Way much more the amount you pay in costco($99) for the warranty. They will cover anything expect you punch the TV. So I think Their coverage is pretty good, but you may want to double check with them in detail consider it's a lot of money for warranty.

So let's talk about the question you ask regarding the price in Costco. I think once Sony Canada release the new price, all retailer will adjust the price accordingly.So I'm pretty sure Costco will drop the price to $3,999 as well. But it could be impossible to negotiate the price in Costco, only if that's the last a few inventory or display model. Other than that, you have to get manager's authorization to get a discount on it. That's someting peope may not want to share it on internet, other wise, that manager will get into trouble or lose his job I guess. That being said, unless you work in Costco, so it's pretty much impossible for regular guy to get a discount in Costco.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 20, 2011
111 posts
60 upvotes
What is the price for the A80J 65" gonna be on Black Friday?
Jr. Member
Aug 30, 2007
150 posts
35 upvotes
Yes, you are correct. I confirmed the 5 year Visions wtty. cost is appx. $700, you have to submit for it after it ends, you have one year to use it and must spend it in one shot for an item worth double the wtty credit. At a cheap sale price of $3750, it is highly unlikely they will flex in discounting the warranty. In the above case, I have to shell out an extra $700 to get the $700 credit. This is all assuming I remember to submit for the wtty. 5 years from now. This is all BS, as they know most people will forget about it.

You joke about punching the TV with Costco, but let me tell you from experience, they would probably cover you. For everone's sake, I am hoping the price will drop across all retailers. Within the month, I purchased an LG C1 oled from Costco and pushed the store manager hard for a discount. She agreed other stores such as Vision will discount lower than their (Costco) price but would not budge a cent, and wouldn't even discount the $99 wtty. a penny. I ended up returning the C1 based on many audiophile store recommendations for the A80j and based on my use for a t.v.
A lot of this discussions hinges on how much one values a wtty. and protection over price, with the best wtty. being one you never needed or used.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
3550 posts
3563 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Crazy how quickly the price is dropping. I'm very happy with my 77" A80J but obviously would have been happier to pay less haha.
Newbie
May 3, 2015
6 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
guallox wrote: What is the price for the A80J 65" gonna be on Black Friday?
per OP's post, $200 off for the 65", so $2400?
Was hoping it will match the LG C1 at $2300, but $2400 is not bad
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 13, 2021
9 posts
16 upvotes
jt4572 wrote: Yes, you are correct. I confirmed the 5 year Visions wtty. cost is appx. $700, you have to submit for it after it ends, you have one year to use it and must spend it in one shot for an item worth double the wtty credit. At a cheap sale price of $3750, it is highly unlikely they will flex in discounting the warranty. In the above case, I have to shell out an extra $700 to get the $700 credit. This is all assuming I remember to submit for the wtty. 5 years from now. This is all BS, as they know most people will forget about it.

You joke about punching the TV with Costco, but let me tell you from experience, they would probably cover you. For everone's sake, I am hoping the price will drop across all retailers. Within the month, I purchased an LG C1 oled from Costco and pushed the store manager hard for a discount. She agreed other stores such as Vision will discount lower than their (Costco) price but would not budge a cent, and wouldn't even discount the $99 wtty. a penny. I ended up returning the C1 based on many audiophile store recommendations for the A80j and based on my use for a t.v.
A lot of this discussions hinges on how much one values a wtty. and protection over price, with the best wtty. being one you never needed or used.
You are right. That's the reason I didn't purchase the warrany, because I could end up buying something I dont need.

Another thing is, I'm not joking about punching the TV with Costco. This is referring to the warrany from Visions and this is exactly what the manager told me about their warranty said they will cover pretty much any circumstances expect you punch the TV. I did buy a TV from Costco a couple of years ago with warrany, but the quality is really good. So I didn't get a chance to use it. So I dont really know about how easy to deal with them if you have any issue about your TV.

Top