Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] For those missed it last time, Boss 6.75" Touchscreen Double-DIN In Dash Receiver back on sale again

Newbie
Feb 7, 2010
10 posts
2 upvotes
andyman3000 wrote: Where did you go to get it installed?
I found a guy on Kijiji, he came to my house and did the install in about an hour, I'm GTA west. PM me if you need the info.
Sr. Member
Dec 28, 2012
535 posts
356 upvotes
OTTAWA
takitoes wrote: Easy there bud, who said anything about no research. Been looking into doing this with a Sony unit for months.




Thanks for the links. Crutchfield in my case has been kinda hopeless and say they have problems with Boss systems. Those other links look great though!



Hence why reaching out for help. Its next to impossible to find all this information in one place, and there are usually kits available for vehicles that make things a bit easier.
Very confident in my ability to install (the Rav4 looks very easy to get old unit out) hook up basic features and not cross wires and read a wiring diagram ect.

How much extra is needed for the in car USB, FM Tuner, Reverse camera and steering wheel controls is the bit that get more complicated and if you have recommendations besides those links im all ears. I can find plenty of parts like:
https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalog/r ... nt/swi-cp2

That should work with the Toyota, but not sure if (like the models crutchfield sell) they support the Boss unit. Judging by a lot of others online, it shouldn't be that hard to get steering controls working but its hard to cross reference

Is it just as simple as something like this: https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalog/r ... /rp42-ty11

Appreciate your time and any advise! :)
See it gets a little tricky especially with a new vehicle. I would suggest emailing pac with what you have and what they would suggest.

That specific steering wheel Control does not list 2018,it may work but you want to confirm with the manufacture.

Maybe Boss has changed but the quality in the past was very low end. We used to refer to brands like them as "Walmart crap" VS the Kenwood, alpine, clarion, pioneer, Sony stuff we were selling and installing. So to me it's not surprising a low end unit like this would not have the greatest support for add-ons. I would avoid anything that specifically says "doesn't support Boss" and if it doesn't list it as a supported brand I would email to confirm.

This is going in an 09 civic so I don't care if it's crap just want to have BT and Andoird auto ability :)
Jr. Member
Mar 29, 2013
162 posts
83 upvotes
Oshawa
I installed one in my car a month ago - going strong and worth the investment. Visions has a warranty that seemed worth adding on as well, as they refund it in credits if you dont use it.
Newbie
Sep 23, 2018
46 posts
19 upvotes
millsthrills wrote: See it gets a little tricky especially with a new vehicle. I would suggest emailing pac with what you have and what they would suggest.

That specific steering wheel Control does not list 2018,it may work but you want to confirm with the manufacture.

Maybe Boss has changed but the quality in the past was very low end. We used to refer to brands like them as "Walmart crap" VS the Kenwood, alpine, clarion, pioneer, Sony stuff we were selling and installing. So to me it's not surprising a low end unit like this would not have the greatest support for add-ons. I would avoid anything that specifically says "doesn't support Boss" and if it doesn't list it as a supported brand I would email to confirm.

This is going in an 09 civic so I don't care if it's crap just want to have BT and Andoird auto ability :)
I'm more or less the same, really don't care about sound quality ect, just want the android auto and a simple layout capacitive a screen.

Visions have a return policy and if I can't get something going then back it goes and I will wait for a deal on a Sony unit which are a little more straightforward.

I'll contact pac and see where it ends up. Should be the same system for '18 as '14 and between so I have hope it should be possible.

Thanks again
audiohs wrote: Boss recommends the Metra ASWC for steering wheel controls. That is what I used in my car. Plug in your vehicle info on their site to see if they have one for your car.
http://www.metraonline.com/part/ASWC-1
Thanks i'll chase this up a bit more :)
Sr. Member
Jun 21, 2011
686 posts
647 upvotes
Vancouver
Just did an install on a 2004 Subaru STI last night, friend bought the harness kit from visions. The stock STI dashplate fits perfectly with this unit (given that you remove the outer frame from the unit itself).

The wiring cannot be any easier as the harness kit came with a chart with all the colors labelled. To get Android Auto/Apply Car Play to work without doing extra work, just ground the "Parking Brake Input" wire to a ground on the vehicle (works flawlessly). If you don't connect the parking brake wire, you cannot use android auto (not sure about apply car play).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 30, 2004
3498 posts
777 upvotes
Also bought this last time it was on sale. Installed in a 2009 Fusion along with a Metra dash kit, Metra harness, ASWC-1 steering wheel adapter and a cheap backup camera from Amazon. Definitely recommend.
Last edited by CorSter on Nov 12th, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 12, 2007
695 posts
342 upvotes
Highly recommend crutchfield.ca (free shipping) for the wiring harness, dash kit, and antenna adaptor. Super fast shipping, great experience.
Not super hard to install these thigns on your own, but i would get one of those tools to pry off your current dash kit otherwise youll probably end up scratching your dash's plastic.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 17, 2008
10417 posts
3070 upvotes
millsthrills wrote: See it gets a little tricky especially with a new vehicle. I would suggest emailing pac with what you have and what they would suggest.

That specific steering wheel Control does not list 2018,it may work but you want to confirm with the manufacture.

Maybe Boss has changed but the quality in the past was very low end. We used to refer to brands like them as "Walmart crap" VS the Kenwood, alpine, clarion, pioneer, Sony stuff we were selling and installing. So to me it's not surprising a low end unit like this would not have the greatest support for add-ons. I would avoid anything that specifically says "doesn't support Boss" and if it doesn't list it as a supported brand I would email to confirm.

This is going in an 09 civic so I don't care if it's crap just want to have BT and Andoird auto ability :)
Are you installing this on a 09 civic? I have a 07 and I'm toying with the idea of getting it for BT and rear view camera.

What are the complete components required for this to work?
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1387 posts
188 upvotes
My 2015 Camry has some built in a screen functionality that I'd still like to be able to use.

Is there any way to retain this functionality with the install of this unit or will I lose it? Sounds like there's a way to still use the steering controls but what about software functionality like mileage charts/ data etc?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 30, 2004
3498 posts
777 upvotes
bobor wrote: My 2015 Camry has some built in a screen functionality that I'd still like to be able to use.

Is there any way to retain this functionality with the install of this unit or will I lose it? Sounds like there's a way to still use the steering controls but what about software functionality like mileage charts/ data etc?
Check the Crutchfield website, pretend you are checking out - it'll tell you what is possible and what you'll need to accomplish it.
Newbie
User avatar
Aug 13, 2014
72 posts
50 upvotes
ON
USB Playback
The USB port will support a USB flash drive up to 32 GB and can be used for music playback as well as photo and video viewing (on source units equipped with a monitor).
USB seems quite limited. Have a 128gb stick in my 8 year old pioneer deck. Looking to upgrade to a deck with CarPlay, but still want to be able to play large USB sticks.
Hello I.T.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Deal Addict
May 9, 2006
1662 posts
219 upvotes
imateen wrote: I found a guy on Kijiji, he came to my house and did the install in about an hour, I'm GTA west. PM me if you need the info.
Mind to share the installation cost?
Sr. Member
Dec 28, 2012
535 posts
356 upvotes
OTTAWA
Messerschmitt wrote: Are you installing this on a 09 civic? I have a 07 and I'm toying with the idea of getting it for BT and rear view camera.

What are the complete components required for this to work?
https://catalog.pac-audio.com/?fc=modul ... 10&submit=

I have a DX so i only needed, dash kit, Wiring harness and Antenna adapter.

Given the way our radio is setup the dash kit is expensive it replaces a large part of the dash. but PAC does a great job of color matching.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
16928 posts
4126 upvotes
Toronto
I wish people would consider speaking to staff at Visions before deciding on this deck.

This is the equivalent of a no-name deck and you are expecting the world. Not my cup of tea.
RedFlagDeals addict

Top