Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] For those missed it last time, Boss 6.75" Touchscreen Double-DIN In Dash Receiver back on sale again

Dec 28, 2012
535 posts
356 upvotes
OTTAWA
there are 2 female USB pigtails and 1 AUX out the back of the headunit, the intent is that you run a USB extension to a convenient location for you to plug a device in (glovebox, cupholder, center console)

1 USB is labelled for 1A Charging and the other is for android Auto/Apple Carplay
Sep 17, 2016
22 posts
25 upvotes
Installed it on a 2007 matrix. Took me around 3 hours cause I wanted to solder the wires. I passed the mic through an air vent.

Satisfied with the results even if the fit of the metra dash kit is pretty poor.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
3499 posts
778 upvotes
Hojo99 wrote: Where does this show compatabliity? I have a 2005 Sienna... Just wondering how much more I will have to spend. It has double DIN currently.
Check on Crutchfield, it will show you exactly what you need.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
6419 posts
1995 upvotes
GTA
Rather have Sony over Boss but is it worth $100 more?
For $300 the Sony costs a sort of brand name Android head unit such as Atoto can be bought. Just saying....I can't decide whats best myself. Looking at the Android head units as they have built in navigation rather than using cell phone/data.
Nov 10, 2003
642 posts
16 upvotes
monster11 wrote: I reserved Boss for pickup but ended up getting Sony XAVAX3000. Going to get it installed tomorrow. Will post how it looks after.
Thinking of getting the Sony one too. Let us know how’s the Sony, very interested. Thanks in advance
Feb 28, 2010
69 posts
46 upvotes
Looks good. Tried pretty much all options and so far happy with the result.

https://ibb.co/cTdb8pd

ryero wrote: Thinking of getting the Sony one too. Let us know how’s the Sony, very interested. Thanks in advance
Dec 2, 2014
89 posts
180 upvotes
Why is everyone ignoring questions regarding boot times and slowness during cold? Seems lots of people own the deck should be an easy question to answer.

I have a Kenwood deck id love to throw in the trash. I thought they were a good company but honestly it's the worst deck I've ever owned. So was hoping to replace it with someone with fast boot times and Android auto.
Apr 30, 2017
321 posts
486 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, Quebec
CorSter wrote: Check on Crutchfield, it will show you exactly what you need.
Great. According to Crutchfield exactly nothing fits on my car.
Feb 28, 2010
69 posts
46 upvotes
ryero wrote: Sweet, looks good!
How’s the response of the unit?
Pretty quick. After the car starts, in less than 10 sec it boots up and detects my phone and USB.
Jul 7, 2003
509 posts
209 upvotes
destruct0 wrote: Why is everyone ignoring questions regarding boot times and slowness during cold? Seems lots of people own the deck should be an easy question to answer.

I have a Kenwood deck id love to throw in the trash. I thought they were a good company but honestly it's the worst deck I've ever owned. So was hoping to replace it with someone with fast boot times and Android auto.
So far so good. Boot time til when audio comes on is about 10-12 seconds and then you get the warning screen. Can press "Agree" or wait another 3 seconds for the main screen to come on.

It's only just started hitting below zero degrees but I have not noticed any lag, delay or change in responsiveness due to the cold yet.
Dec 17, 2009
41 posts
3 upvotes
GTA
Thinking of buying the Boss unit. Is the Sony really worth an extra 50% ($100)?