• Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2018 2:00 pm
[OP]
Nov 19, 2014
909 posts
1390 upvotes
GPS - error

[Visions Electronics] Uniden R3 radar detector - $448

Absolute #1 radar detector will be on sale Dec 24th for an amazing price.
I have the R1 and they’ve added MRCD detection lately, it’s amazing ...
18 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2017
1220 posts
402 upvotes
FYI this item is only legal in a few provinces.
in Alberta this is fine to have but i know in Ontario this is highly illegal to have.
not sure what to put is it BB or YMMV??
FONUS = SCAM
Jul 31, 2017
11 posts
8 upvotes
Not available in MB or ON it states in the fine print.
techjedi wrote: FYI this item is only legal in a few provinces.
in Alberta this is fine to have but i know in Ontario this is highly illegal to have.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1572 posts
860 upvotes
techjedi wrote: FYI this item is only legal in a few provinces.
What if I have a radar detector-detector-detector?
Jan 9, 2014
833 posts
680 upvotes
Regina
Is it a scrambler or a detector? Hot if scrambler
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3587 posts
2439 upvotes
Toronto
You could easily get caught. They catch people by driving behind a group of cars, flicking their system on and seeing if someone suddenly slams on their brakes. Not hard.
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Dec 14, 2013
17 posts
32 upvotes
Richmond
techjedi wrote: in Alberta this is fine to have but i know in Ontario this is highly illegal to have.
Just curious, what is the difference between 'illegal' and 'highly illegal'?
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2701 posts
1357 upvotes
Anyone know why these are not legal, in Ontario? I would think it would "assist" people to slow down. Also, how hard or difficult would it be for police to figure out you have one, in your vehicle?
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2907 posts
1650 upvotes
AboveTheCallVFG wrote: Just curious, what is the difference between 'illegal' and 'highly illegal'?
jaywalking versus murder?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5163 posts
3869 upvotes
AboveTheCallVFG wrote: Just curious, what is the difference between 'illegal' and 'highly illegal'?
Fine vs Prison butt sex.
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote: Anyone know why these are not legal, in Ontario? I would think it would "assist" people to slow down. Also, how hard or difficult would it be for police to figure out you have one, in your vehicle?
Because cops would otherwise have no income. If it's about safety, speed limit would be 120km/h or more everywhere.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2014
1081 posts
568 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Xtrema wrote: Fine vs Prison butt sex.

Because cops would otherwise have no income. If it's about safety, speed limit would be 120km/h or more everywhere.
Seriously, this.

The speed limit is so stupid and the fines are so outrageous in Ontario, I'm considering just getting the r3 here and playing with fire.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2014
1081 posts
568 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CoolDudeClan wrote: You could easily get caught. They catch people by driving behind a group of cars, flicking their system on and seeing if someone suddenly slams on their brakes. Not hard.
If you're going behind a group of cars why would you just randomly brake? I'd assume you're following traffic so you wouldn't have to have a reason to have this thing on.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6578 posts
2636 upvotes
Canada
Let me get one for my 84 Firebird ... and hopefully that copper is still using "old tech" in his 78 impala intercepter.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
3971 upvotes
Toronto
CoolDudeClan wrote: You could easily get caught. They catch people by driving behind a group of cars, flicking their system on and seeing if someone suddenly slams on their brakes. Not hard.

The real cool dudes play it cool and don't brake
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5163 posts
3869 upvotes
alkaint wrote: Seriously, this.

The speed limit is so stupid and the fines are so outrageous in Ontario, I'm considering just getting the r3 here and playing with fire.
We are so poor, I see our cops out in freezing weather doing speed traps. They usually lay low in winter months.

And the amount of camera equipped Explorer/F150s with civilian plates has increased at least 2x.