Hot Deals

Visions Electronics

Visions - You Pay What We Pay - Exclusive Employee Pricing for Teachers and Students

[OP]
Feb 11, 2017
20 posts
38 upvotes

[Visions Electronics] Visions - You Pay What We Pay - Exclusive Employee Pricing for Teachers and Students

Just got this email today they only give prices in store and need proof of employment or student card. I was able to get the Sonos sub for $711 after tax with their pricing I already have the arc but got the quote in case any of you are looking it was $895 after tax (Ontario).

If you, or someone you know is a teacher, student or school employee, please feel free to share this special offer with them.

All you need to do is show your school / student ID, paystub, or any other identifier at one of our 43 locations to take advantage of this well-deserved offer.

We are pleased to extend this exclusive pricing to everyone meeting the following requirements:
Elementary School Teachers, Students and Employees
Junior High School Teachers, Students and Employees
High School Teachers, Students and Employees
Post-Secondary Teachers, Students and Employees
More information on the Visions Electronics Rewards program can be found here. Prices for Teachers, Students and School Employees mentioned are in-store only from September 4-6, 2021.
Images
  • FD120534-D82F-40EA-A12E-73FB60B6683F.jpeg
52 replies
Jan 17, 2011
142 posts
35 upvotes
Waterloo, Ontario
"they only give prices in store"

Does that mean I have to ask the pricing of each and every individual item in the store or are they stickered with and without the discount?

IMO every time a "store only gives prices in store" or "add to cart to see the price" its a bit of a let down. I know manufacturers can prevent them from posting below certain prices but there are ways to get around this limitation and communicating with customers. Would appreciate if other members post their finds.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
2518 posts
902 upvotes
Calgary
Hmm which kid is going to have a student card right now.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
2518 posts
902 upvotes
Calgary
aataulla wrote: "they only give prices in store"

Does that mean I have to ask the pricing of each and every individual item in the store or are they stickered with and without the discount?

IMO every time a "store only gives prices in store" or "add to cart to see the price" its a bit of a let down. I know manufacturers can prevent them from posting below certain prices but there are ways to get around this limitation and communicating with customers. Would appreciate if other members post their finds.
You will have to ask price for each item. Usually the pricing is pretty crappy for these kind of Vision sales but I heard the Healthcare one was actually decent.
Mar 21, 2012
562 posts
472 upvotes
Edmonton
i tried calling and they won't give a price over the phone. this just seems like another trick to get people into the store.
[OP]
Feb 11, 2017
20 posts
38 upvotes
Yea they only gave in person but I’ll say for the Sonos products the discount was about 25-30% off list for everything which is amazing for those items.
Jan 21, 2007
110 posts
120 upvotes
Asoul wrote: You will have to ask price for each item. Usually the pricing is pretty crappy for these kind of Vision sales but I heard the Healthcare one was actually decent.
They have a healthcare specific discount as well?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2144 posts
4647 upvotes
Markham
Darkblade48 wrote: They have a healthcare specific discount as well?
They had this “You Pay What We Pay” for front line health workers 2 or 3 times before during COVID (which I don’t think it happening now). I guess this is now the BTS version. If you are a health care worker and go in and ask nicely, they might offer you the price too?
Jan 21, 2007
110 posts
120 upvotes
Dave510 wrote: They had this “You Pay What We Pay” for front line health workers 2 or 3 times before during COVID (which I don’t think it happening now). I guess this is now the BTS version. If you are a health care worker and go in and ask nicely, they might offer you the price too?
Thanks for letting me know. Guess I can try next time I need something. Been looking for a new TV stand.
Jul 9, 2019
437 posts
1835 upvotes
Guys you have to realize in electronics retail, profit margins for some products are sometimes non existent unless it’s an in-house brand or high end product like 85” TV or some fitness stuff bike etc. Laptops are almost always sold at 0 profit that’s why they push you so hard for extended warranty, MS Office add-on etc. Again some high end Alienware, XPS or ROG stuff may have upto $200 profit which again gets wiped out during sales. Likes of Apple and Microsoft are worst.

Offer is straightforward, ‘You pay what we pay’, they are basically giving you employee pricing.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3026 posts
6103 upvotes
cmayz19 wrote: Yea they only gave in person but I’ll say for the Sonos products the discount was about 25-30% off list for everything which is amazing for those items.
Healthcare worker discount for Sonos is sick, cheapest way to get their stuff for sure.
Hahahapxl wrote: Guys you have to realize in electronics retail, profit margins for some products are sometimes non existent unless it’s an in-house brand or high end product like 85” TV or some fitness stuff bike etc.
There are definitely fat margins on some stuff though. They took $1k off a pair of $3k speakers for me. It definitely doesn't hurt to ask. Visions have historically done pretty well by me for most of my big electronics purchases (that they sell there of course). Just have to be firm about denying the warranties lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6482 posts
2128 upvotes
These are often trash and their 'cost' is somehow more expensive than typical sales. As above it's not their fault, it's just the way things are priced.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2150 posts
1596 upvotes
Hamilton
Hahahapxl wrote:
Offer is straightforward, ‘You pay what we pay’, they are basically giving you employee pricing.
You believe that?
Dec 26, 2007
24 posts
12 upvotes
I’ve gotten some amazing prices at Visions over the years. It reminds me a lot of the old A&B Sound and out here in Alberta, a lot of the old A&B staff work there and manage there now.

If you have cash ready to go, all you have to do is ask. They have been much more willing to give deals than most other places I’ve shopped at.

A lot of times they will do “you pay what we pay” just to get it out of the store. And that can vary wildly from item to item.

Like a lot of smaller stores, they can’t hang on to too much stock too long.

Ill definitely be trotting out my 12 year old tomorrow to see what kind of deals I can get on a few audio items ive had my eye on.
Last edited by plikestechno on Sep 4th, 2021 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4937 posts
3526 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: Healthcare worker discount for Sonos is sick, cheapest way to get their stuff for sure.

There are definitely fat margins on some stuff though. They took $1k off a pair of $3k speakers for me. It definitely doesn't hurt to ask. Visions have historically done pretty well by me for most of my big electronics purchases (that they sell there of course). Just have to be firm about denying the warranties lol.
Friend who used to work at Best Buy bought many speakers for me and for himself. Almost all of the speakers are half off after employee price. So if this is real employee pricing they should have given you $1.5k off.
Jun 3, 2017
96 posts
68 upvotes
Can we still get a pair of Q150 for under $300?
Apr 8, 2020
617 posts
793 upvotes
Hahahapxl wrote: Guys you have to realize in electronics retail, profit margins for some products are sometimes non existent unless it’s an in-house brand or high end product like 85” TV or some fitness stuff bike etc. Laptops are almost always sold at 0 profit that’s why they push you so hard for extended warranty, MS Office add-on etc. Again some high end Alienware, XPS or ROG stuff may have upto $200 profit which again gets wiped out during sales. Likes of Apple and Microsoft are worst.

That's all fine and dandy, but when I can get the same pricing from Amazon while I'm on the toilet then you're not getting any of my business in store.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
1996 posts
1107 upvotes
plikestechno wrote: I’ve gotten some amazing prices at Visions over the years. It reminds me a lot of the old A&B Sound and out here in Alberta, a lot of the old A&B staff work there and manage there now.

If you have cash ready to go, all you have to do is ask. They have been much more willing to give deals than most other places I’ve shopped at.

A lot of times they will do “you pay what we pay” just to get it out of the store. And that can vary wildly from item to item.

Like a lot of smaller stores, they can’t hang on to too much stock too long.

Ill definitely be trotting out my 12 year old tomorrow to see what kind of deals I can get on a few audio items ive had my eye on.
Me too.

Visions get crucified here a lot but Ive gotten excellent deals by leveraging how much Im about to spend (at that time it was $4-5k+). After making friends with the manager he was regularly giving me expired deals 0 questions asked.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
3150 posts
756 upvotes
kinz186 wrote: Can we still get a pair of Q150 for under $300?
In the past I'd say yes, but they seem to have increased. Also very often electronics best prices come with scan backs that won't show on a cost sale. With that said you might get $350......