Expired Hot Deals

[Visions Electronics] Zhiyun Smooth 4 3-Axis Smartphone Gimbal Stabilizer - Black- $138 (Reg 199)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2018 2:41 pm
[OP]
Mar 8, 2015
533 posts
1609 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Visions Electronics] Zhiyun Smooth 4 3-Axis Smartphone Gimbal Stabilizer - Black- $138 (Reg 199)

Zhiyun Smooth 4 turns your mobile phone into a professional filmmaking camera, helping you create stable and smooth footage with just your phone. Great for vlogging and creating your own film with just your smartphone

I bought Smooth Q last time it was on sale got some amazing footage since.
This model is an upgrade with added Features.

10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9812 posts
5847 upvotes
Can the app be trusted? (i.e. it only activates your camera when you're in control?)
[OP]
Mar 8, 2015
533 posts
1609 upvotes
Calgary, AB
chatbox wrote: Can the app be trusted? (i.e. it only activates your camera when you're in control?)
Are you referring to privacy issues ?
Oct 20, 2013
37 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
The zhiyun app is pretty bad. If you're going to use this for video, you should just use filmic because of the amazing integration, thus avoiding any privacy issues you may have. There is a physical button to trigger recordings. I haven't seen mine record randomly but if you have a privacy issue with this then you might have an issue with any camera replacement apps...
[OP]
Mar 8, 2015
533 posts
1609 upvotes
Calgary, AB
doobie83 wrote: The zhiyun app is pretty bad. If you're going to use this for video, you should just use filmic because of the amazing integration, thus avoiding any privacy issues you may have. There is a physical button to trigger recordings. I haven't seen mine record randomly but if you have a privacy issue with this then you might have an issue with any camera replacement apps...
Can you please elaborate on this app filmic you are referring ? Does it work flawlessly with Android phones ?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2623 posts
1282 upvotes
I ordered this on Sunday from amazon when it was 125$ all-in but cancelled my order after watching some pretty unfavourable reviews.

Did i just watch bad reviews or is there another phone gimbal worth considering? Thanks
Oct 20, 2013
37 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
canadianamigo13 wrote: Can you please elaborate on this app filmic you are referring ? Does it work flawlessly with Android phones ?
The app i'm referring to is Filmic Pro. It's available for ios/android.

It gives you full control over video recordings though you should download the free app to see what filming resolutions/framerates are available for your device. It does cost a bit much ($10 for the app, an extra $10-15 for the extra colour profiles) but you can control the entire ui from the smooth 4 controls but it takes some getting used to since there are a lot of controls on this device. If you want something simpler, I'd suggest using the dji osmo 2 mobile but the handle is fairly large so it gets uncomfortable to hold after a while. Check out some youtube videos if you want to see what it's like but it's also not for everyone since there's a lot of features you have to manually configure when recording but I used it on my honeymoon and they turned out great once i colour corrected (i filmed mostly in flat colour profiles). I'm still a newb with smartphone filmography but it's become an obsession of mine these past few weeks!
Oct 19, 2002
617 posts
42 upvotes
Vancouver
Can you use this stick with a different app and the gimbal motor still work?
[OP]
Mar 8, 2015
533 posts
1609 upvotes
Calgary, AB
AdidasROXX wrote: Can you use this stick with a different app and the gimbal motor still work?
Gimbal motor works even with the native camera app.
Oct 20, 2013
37 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
AdidasROXX wrote: Can you use this stick with a different app and the gimbal motor still work?
The gimbal functionality is separate from the app it uses. You just need to use the trigger button to do quick pan or slow pan