[Visions] HOT - NAD HP 50 VISO Headphones - $98 - FINAL DAY

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2019 9:59 am
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2010
1100 posts
53 upvotes
BURLINGTON
how do these compare to the kef m500 - they were ok but sold them after a few days.
looking for something cheap to keep at the office and not have to worry about bringing my more expensive headphones
May 30, 2013
335 posts
213 upvotes
Markham
This headphone can't even come close to be called an audiophile headphone.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8451 posts
661 upvotes
These and kefs are always on sale at vision. Like 70% off or something, obviously overpriced.
Mar 24, 2015
291 posts
125 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
chanc2 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 7:03 pm
This headphone can't even come close to be called an audiophile headphone.
I would disagree, but I also see a ton of people on here refer to KEF and Polk Audio as high quality. In any event, I love the sound (though I wouldn't call them neutral....they're pretty warm), but I agree with the poster who said that they fit tight; I've got a giant head and giant ears and I wear glasses, and I top out at 2 hours on these. This is a great price for a quality pair of headphones.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
12271 posts
3303 upvotes
Ottawa
r1lee wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 8:00 pm
These and kefs are always on sale at vision. Like 70% off or something, obviously overpriced.
Their original price was actually $300, and I bought a pair when they dropped to $250 street price. Even at $250 I feel they were worth it. Now they are continually clearance priced. Of all the lower priced headphones I've bought over the years, these are keepers in terms of sound. They are on the warm side of neutral with a slight upper bass emphasis and attenuation in the treble, so overall a downward tilt, with good sub bass. edit: here's a graph https://www.rtings.com/headphones/1-2/graph#582/2031

I disagree with the guy above, these definitely would qualify as low end audiophile headphones. I've said it before: these sound a lot like good PSB speakers (of which I've had before). Shame about the fit though, because I can't wear them for more than about an hour because I want to tear them off my head by then.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Mar 17, 2018
481 posts
626 upvotes
I am looking at them right now hanging above my computer monitor. I bought mine a month ago and love the sound quality. But like mentioned, they are tight and I've heard they'll loosen over time. I now use them at my computer. Sorry if I'm stealing your thunder on this thread but I just bought the KEF Porsche bluetooth head phones last weekend cause they're on sale for $198 regularly priced $695. I am blown away by the amazing sound of these. IMO, these KEF's are better than the Sony 1000XM3's. Once again a tad tight but will loosen over time.

I too like warpdrive disagree with chanc2's comments. These NAD's are amazing and would call them audiophile quality headphones for this awesome price.
Yes, I'd like to price match RedFlagDeals please - Ken Adams
Mar 24, 2015
291 posts
125 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
KenAdams wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 8:58 pm
I am looking at them right now hanging above my computer monitor. I bought mine a month ago and love the sound quality. But like mentioned, they are tight and I've heard they'll loosen over time. I now use them at my computer. Sorry if I'm stealing your thunder on this thread but I just bought the KEF Porsche bluetooth head phones last weekend cause they're on sale for $198 regularly priced $695. I am blown away by the amazing sound of these. IMO, these KEF's are better than the Sony 1000XM3's. Once again a tad tight but will loosen over time.

I too like warpdrive disagree with chanc2's comments. These NAD's are amazing and would call them audiophile quality headphones for this awesome price.
Agreeing with you both. For this price, they're a no-brainer; I paid 200 for them a few years back and have no regrets. I wish i could fit the cups onto a looser headband.
Oct 2, 2008
134 posts
23 upvotes
I just replaced the cable on mine and they sound much more fuller than the stock cable. The new cable only cost me like $15
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1329 posts
631 upvotes
Toronto
Another vote for a great set of headphones at this price. I used to have a couple of pairs I picked up when they were $250/ea. My only real complaint was that they weren't all that great for HT listening use (which they obviously weren't designed for, only a temporary need for me when my kids were young and didn't want to worry about waking them). For music though, they were great.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1329 posts
631 upvotes
Toronto
I just replaced the cable on mine and they sound much more fuller than the stock cable. The new cable only cost me like $15