Visions Electronics

Visions: Polk Audio two way floor standing speakers M20 Pair $148

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2009 10:30 am
[OP]
Jun 4, 2009
194 posts
14 upvotes

[Visions Electronics] Visions: Polk Audio two way floor standing speakers M20 Pair $148

As the title says...

there is NO WAY that you could go wrong with Polk at this price.

Link: http://www.visions.ca/catalogue/categor ... uctId=2383

# Of Speakers Included: 2 Speakers (Pair)
Woofer Size: 6-1/2" Speaker
Mid-Range Size: No
Tweeter Size: 3/4"
Power Capability: Recommended Amplication: 20 - 150 watts/channel
Frequency Response: 45Hz - 24kHz
Sensitivity: 89dB
Cross-Over Point: Unspecified
Magnetically Shielded: Yes
Includes Wallmounts: No
Colour: Black
Parts Warranty: 5 Years
Labour Warranty: 5 Years
Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
12 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2004
1884 posts
218 upvotes
Dieppe, NB
great speakers for their price!

several people have commented on the clarity and the output (if paired to a nice A/V receiver)
Sep 27, 2005
786 posts
170 upvotes
This deal seems to be on every couple months. They're good but realize these are entry level polk floorspeakers. I wouldn't buy em for any more than 150.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2005
5355 posts
238 upvotes
Mississauga
how would they work as rear speakers?? Do they only have to be used for front??
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19261 posts
2948 upvotes
Woodbridge
I got these two years ago at Future Shop's Boxing Day for $99.99/pair!!

They are great as Fronts but I used them as Rear Surrounds after I got my RTiA5's.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
[OP]
Jun 4, 2009
194 posts
14 upvotes
Does any1 know how this compare to the Energy C300?
Nov 6, 2005
226 posts
70 upvotes
dealsoutlook wrote: how would they work as rear speakers?? Do they only have to be used for front??
I'm curious about this, too. I'd love to use these as rears with my RTi4 and 6's, but I have no idea if they match up.
Jun 8, 2009
58 posts
2 upvotes
:mad: :mad: Purchased yesterday and returned today.sound quality is overall good but,they sound totally different from my present HT setup.... :idea: :idea: now i'm thinking to try them again after reading above posts :idea: :idea:
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1439 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
sukhy wrote: :mad: :mad: Purchased yesterday and returned today.sound quality is overall good but,they sound totally different from my present HT setup.... :idea: :idea: now i'm thinking to try them again after reading above posts :idea: :idea:
why force it?
audio is so personal. 1000 ppl could tell you these are the greatest speakers every made and it wouldn't make any difference. if you don't like them, don't waste your money.
besides, like mentioned, this deal comes around often. you won't miss out if you wait, you'll just have to wait a bit longer
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2004
5157 posts
1219 upvotes
sukhy wrote: :mad: :mad: Purchased yesterday and returned today.sound quality is overall good but,they sound totally different from my present HT setup.... :idea: :idea: now i'm thinking to try them again after reading above posts :idea: :idea:
Speakers can sound very noticeably different after the initial break-in period. Give them a good 5hrs+ of easy listening before making your decision.
Dec 4, 2007
36 posts
I bought these about 8 months ago at the same price and initially used them as fronts. They eventually got downgraded to rears when I bought some JBL ES80's, and do the job just fine. It depends on your application and what you're pairing them with though, and again it's very subjective. No one can tell you what sounds good, only you can decide.
Mar 25, 2005
976 posts
385 upvotes
St. Catharines ON
Only $34.11 shipping to Ontario. Not bad.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)