49 upvotes

[Visions] Samsung 65" Q80T (2020) QLED at $1998

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
600 off
Expiry:
July 2, 2020
Went to bestbuy and saw this deal there as well. Here is the link.

This is a tiny bit worse than the Q80R from last year, but still a very good TV according to Rtings.com review which gave this TV 8.4.
Here is the link to rtings review.

q80t_ad.JPG
q80t_ad_bb.JPG
67 replies
Dec 20, 2012
968 posts
783 upvotes
Surrey
shaibal wrote: Went to bestbuy and saw this deal there as well. Here is the link.

This is a tiny bit worse than the Q80R from last year, but still a very good TV according to Rtings.com review which gave this TV 8.4.
Here is the link to rtings review.

q80t_ad.JPGq80t_ad_bb.JPG
This is a good TV. I’m not in the market for tv rn, but this is definitely one of the ones I’m considering to get when I need one.
Jan 26, 2014
11 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver
Good TV - best deal out there right now. Saw that the Q70T is also priced well but unfortunately was a bit of a step down vs last years Q70R. In the QLED line, the Q80T is the best bang for buck.
Nov 7, 2019
4 posts
6 upvotes
I’ve been hoping for the 65” Q70R to show back up. It’s on sale at Best Buy but out of stock.

Any chance or is this a totally discontinued item?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3779 posts
1639 upvotes
kewlnz wrote: I’ve been hoping for the 65” Q70R to show back up. It’s on sale at Best Buy but out of stock.

Q70r is 2019..its been replaced by the slightly inferior q70T based on my research for 2020.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4156 posts
2158 upvotes
kewlnz wrote: I’ve been hoping for the 65” Q70R to show back up. It’s on sale at Best Buy but out of stock.

That's last year's model, try calling them up. Visions has pretty good customer service, and I was totally shocked when I called their 1-800 number, that a human being picked up. No menu to select, not being put on hold, but a real legit human being.

Q70 vs this is not a big difference, this is a pretty good deal for QLED at 65" and Visions has extra year warranty free.
[OP]
Mar 4, 2019
23 posts
49 upvotes
dreaderus wrote: Any deal on 75?
Visions shows $3498 price after $500 discount but bestbuy is showing that as their regular price. Not so sure about the discount. Here is the link anyway.
Jun 9, 2019
318 posts
420 upvotes
vaniferro wrote: Good TV - best deal out there right now. Saw that the Q70T is also priced well but unfortunately was a bit of a step down vs last years Q70R. In the QLED line, the Q80T is the best bang for buck.
Perhaps true just within Samsung. Vizio makes substantially better panels at this price point, however.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2004
1188 posts
547 upvotes
Oomani wrote: Perhaps true just within Samsung. Vizio makes substantially better panels at this price point, however.
I have foresworn Vizio, their stuff just feels cheap and their upscaling is the worst. This is a hot deal considering this supports both VRR and HDMI 2.1. MSRP is 2600$ and it was 2300$ a few weeks ago at most places.
Jun 9, 2019
318 posts
420 upvotes
klown wrote: I have foresworn Vizio, their stuff just feels cheap and their upscaling is the worst. This is a hot deal considering this supports both VRR and HDMI 2.1. MSRP is 2600$ and it was 2300$ a few weeks ago at most places.
Are you wearing the TV or watching it?

I've had no issues with my top of the line Vizio from 3 years ago. Upscaling is potentially only a small issue on 720p content, but I've only had to watch it once from a USB. By far and away the standard resolution is 1080p today and the TV handles it as well as one might expect.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio ... tum-x-2019

But the most recent flagship Vizio? Only the Samsung Q80/90R and LG C9 put up a good fight.

I could care less about brand name. Give me a good panel that undercuts competitors and I'm in. That's why the TCL 8 series does so well in that lower price range below the Vizio panels.
Jun 27, 2020
1 posts
bhrm wrote: That's last year's model, try calling them up. Visions has pretty good customer service, and I was totally shocked when I called their 1-800 number, that a human being picked up. No menu to select, not being put on hold, but a real legit human being.

Q70 vs this is not a big difference, this is a pretty good deal for QLED at 65" and Visions has extra year warranty free.

Where can I find the phone number rather than online store inquire( not available now) and customer service (1-888)? I have been waiting for a reply from Visions for more than a week.
Dec 12, 2012
346 posts
564 upvotes
shaibal wrote: Visions shows $3498 price after $500 discount but bestbuy is showing that as their regular price. Not so sure about the discount. Here is the link anyway.
Standard Visions tactic... show the discount from inflated MSRP. Even their 85" is on sale for " $1200 off " when realistically its $200 off from $4999.99
Apr 26, 2018
46 posts
18 upvotes
I would ask for a discount, even if it’s on sale. They offered to cut 200 off the price of the 55 inch a week after it launched when I walked I asking to see a floor model. I passed, mostly because I was looking to buy the 49 inch set until I realized it’s a rip off that’s missing a lot of features. 55 and up are solid if you don’t need Dolby vision.