Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 13, 2003
408 posts
33 upvotes

Visions Take up to 4 Years to Pay

Hi,

I saw Visions has a promo where you can take up to 4 years to pay. I had a question for anyone that has done this promo, is this if you use their store card? and is there interest on it because that'd be nice to buy a TV and just pay it off slowly without interest. Thanks for the help in advance. I would go in store and ask but I'm not that close to a Visions and the people at Visions wanted me to come down and ask them about it. Thanks for the reply in advance.

JL
5 replies
Nov 29, 2007
839 posts
81 upvotes
Victoria BC
I can't speak to the Visions one specifically, but generally these types of financing offers apply a high-interest rate (20-30%) from day one and waive the accumulated interest if you've paid in full when the time limit is reached. They're banking on you forgetting about it or not paying all of it off before the promotional period ends. There's probably also an administrative fee to get setup.

I suppose if you can keep good track of when the payment comes due it's an interest-free loan, but for the price of the average TV it hardly seems worth the effort.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1600 posts
346 upvotes
Vancouver
Why not take advantage of it!? You have four years to pay off your new TV at your leisure. As long as you pay it off before you reach 4 years it's worth it and no hassle at all... Just set up a recurirng bill payment or something through your online banking....
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
4016 posts
2685 upvotes
Toronto
From reading the last page of the flyer, there is probably a credit registration fee and you need to pay the taxes up front (last page at the bottom):

http://www.flyertown.ca/flyers/visions?type=1

I remembered Futureshop did a no interest/no registration fee promotion about a month ago. I would take advantage of that one if it ever comes up again.
[OP]
Nov 13, 2003
408 posts
33 upvotes
AHH, I missed the bottom of the last page. So it's 48 equal payments and there is 13% interest. Do not want. Thanks for pointing that out.

JL